Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter.

Flash Games (totally OT)

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Marshall
Marshall

Flash Games (totally OT)

Post#1 » Sun May 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Sometimes the simplest games are the best.
I've recently rediscovered one I played a long time ago, and figured I'd share it.

Cargo Bridge

With a limited amount of cash to spend, build a bridge to move your workers and their cargo from one side to the other. This one appeals to me because it requires thought, creativity, and resource management. And also because it's funny to hear the little guys scream when the bridge fails.

There's also a medieval level pack, a Christmas level pack, and a sequel, Cargo Bridge 2

Try it out and let me know what you think.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Re: Flash Games (totally OT)

Post#2 » Sun May 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Hahaha!

This is fun, I love IQ tests and this appears to be a good challenge ;) I'm having fun... thought I was super smart... I'm a contractor and somewhat of a building designer by trade Stik and this is a great brain tester :)

thanks .. it's fun :)
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons

Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post#3 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:16 pm

I actually remember playing this in highschool to pass the time it was fun then and is fun now
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Marshall
Marshall

Post#4 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:12 pm

FYI - Cargo Bridge 2 has a link to "Community Levels" which are levels made by the public using the game's level editor. I've been working my way through those - some of them are pretty lame, but some are very creative, and require creative solutions.

Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post#5 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:24 pm

In case anyone wanted to play anything else by the guys who brought you cargo bridge

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/limex

Also i would recommend checking out monsters den on kongregate
The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Marshall
Marshall

Post#6 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Been a while since I've posted anything in this thread, but there are a few more flash games that I've been playing here and there (by which I mean pretty much daily, for just a few minutes, anyway).

Robots Initiate Work Sequence - This is a time and resource management game. You are given a list of tasks to complete, and must direct your robots to various locations to collect the resources and construct the buildings required to accomplish your goals within the time allowed. It's all point and click, and requires some clever thinking to maximize the efficiency of your work force.

The sequel is called Robots Continue Work Sequence. Another thirty levels to play.

Halaster-Blackcloak
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post#7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:17 am

I'll cheat by giving the contract to a family member, then hiring an army of illegal aliens for pennies on the dollar and not have to pay them benefits. Guess I learned something useful from Chicago politics! :lol: :twisted: