Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter. Instant access as of March 2019!

New Website YouYatter.com (Please Help D&Ders!)

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Baronet
Baronet

New Website YouYatter.com (Please Help D&Ders!)

Post#1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:43 am

Hi everyone!

Well the time has finally come where I can announce and start requesting help from friends, family and anyone else that would like to help out and get our new website off to a running start. Due to the fact that we are all stuck at home (at least most of us), there's no better time than now to ask for everyone's help here at PADnD.com with some incite, time etc with YouYatter.com.

https://www.YouYatter.com

I have built this site with another of PADnD's users who shall remain un-named at this time due to the fact the site is built with privacy in mind. We wanted to design a site where ALL users could post anonymously or at least by using an Anonymous name they sign up with that has no connection or reference to FaceBook, Google, Twitter etc.

I have spent 7 months now, laboring away with that in mind, using the latest technologies and code to make this a pleasant experience. We also wanted the site to be user friendly for all ages and have made ever effort to do that.

So what can you do on YouYatter.com you ask? You can;

- Write reviews about anything, anyone or any items/objects and receive comments below.
- You can post anything you like forsale, for trade or for free.
- You can send encrypted documents (pics, files, music) to anyone else (which are double encrypted on a secure SSL site)
- You can search YouTube, watch videos on site and download attached MP3's as desired.
- You can share on a public wall any pictures, memes, video links, iframe links etc and receive comments below.
- You can use our lost & found to post items, or animals you have found or have seen in your neighborhood.
- You can watch live T.V. (unlock more channels as you earn levels).
- You can use our Doodle pad to draw digital art and download.
- You can play an assortment of mini-games through our site (many more to come).
- Use our public chatrooms
- Check the weather in you area
- Read an extensive list of new feeds from around the world
- ALL free!

So, now (like my wife) your probably asking what seperates YouYatter.com from Facebook, Google, Craigslist etc?

My answer to you is simple. We DON'T track your every move like FaceBook and Google. Youyatter is not ugly to look at like Craigslist, it's more organized and easier to use. YouYatter is designed for people like me that detest FaceBook's policies and spy tactics. YouYatter doesn't target age, religion, country or anything else. Every user is equal with the exception of levels earned which unlocks various other features on the site.

YouYatter will not delete your posts when profanity is used (see ToS), we will not block/delete or edit your reviews based on race, religion or region. YouYatter is open forum and encourages everyone to not hold back. Speak your mind freely, without bias.

With that said, YouYatter,com is brand new! Only a few friends and family have signed up so far and we are technically in beta stage, but everything seems to be a go! :)

I ask all of PlanetADnD's users to help out where they can. Post a review (on whatever you like), share Memes, articles or post things you want to sell or are currently selling on other sites. Use YouYatter as a secondary platform for now if need be. Thank you everyone that helps out! :D

Please leave any constructive criticism below as I'm willing to take on all challenges, add new features etc upon request providing it fits the website.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BENEFITS TO USING YOUYATTER.COM

- You help me/us generate a secondary income eventually from google ads that will in turn keep PADnD alive as server hosting and fees rise.

- You are much safer on YouYatter then FaceBook, Twitter etc. Your identity is fully encrypted using the best encryption available and some additional protection on top of that. We don't and never will share anything with 3rd parties. (see our privacy policy).

- You can post your TRUE thoughts about anything without being publicly scorned, shamed or ridiculed. Nobody knows who you are unless YOU tell them.

- YouYatter fits any screen on all devices. We have designed this site to simply work. Everything will/should snap to size displaying nicely on all devices.

- YouYatter currently has an Android app under our extras section. Sorry iOS users, I'm working on it ;) Because we are in beta stage still, you cannot find our app on the playstore (yet).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note, we are VERY new and have just opened recently for public testing. ALl data is saved daily, but we still ask for your patience as certain aspects of the site may require fine tuning etc.

Thanks for any help you can give everyone!

https://www.YouYatter.com
Attachments
YY_logo_clear.png
YY_logo_clear.png (13.67 KiB) Viewed 825 times
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Baronet
Baronet

Re: New Website YouYatter.com (Please Help D&Ders!)

Post#2 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:54 pm

Added private messaging today as suggested by my son.

JadedDM
Merchant
Merchant

Post#3 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:45 pm

If it's completely anonymous, does that mean there's no moderation?

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Baronet
Baronet

Post#4 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Right. its self moderating for the most part. If some sort of problem occurs, the only way I could find it is if it gets reported with an ID tag or description. Someone would have to tell me the username responsible for breaking our ToS etc. We made every effort to make it self policing. No ips tracked etc. We want to be the opposite of facebook in that sense

JadedDM
Merchant
Merchant

Post#5 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:39 pm

How will you keep it from becoming the next Gab and being overrun with Nazis and harassers?

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Baronet
Baronet

Post#6 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Well...the terms of service covers the major issues and should eliminate the real bad people. I'll just delete the big problem accounts. But for the most part, it's an open medium. You can say whatever you like, without punishment. It's the entire point of the site...to be the opposite of Facebook.

The site does reward it's best users though with points. Those earning lots of thumbs downs and bad reviews will lose points and can't gain popularity. Its self policing in that manner.

JadedDM
Merchant
Merchant

Post#7 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:22 pm

But could that be exploited? If harassers joined together, couldn't they 'thumbs down' and 'bad review' people they don't like en mass?

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Baronet
Baronet

Post#8 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:18 pm

I guess they could, but you either lean over one side of the fence or the other. You can't stop harassment online unless the "online" part just disappeared. You either have BIG brother (facebook, google etc) watch over you at all times, OR you choose the alternative of being free. Free to speak your mind, but also free to be judged. BUT! ... that's why we made sure to keep everyone anonymous. You can pretend to be anyone, or anything on youyatter.com and nobody can track you or contact you in any fashion short of that website. Your only punishment is the watchful eye of others.

JadedDM
Merchant
Merchant

Post#9 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:17 pm

I'm just speaking from my own experiences, having been a mod at many different sites. The ability to say anything you want without moderation opens your site up to all sorts of terrible people. Take a look at 4chan or even worse, 8chan. Just full of bigoted hate speech, pedophilia, harassment, and criminal conduct. And if your site welcomes and even encourages that sort of behavior, or at the very least, does nothing to stop it, then the good, decent folk will be driven away, until all that remains are the lower dregs of the internet.

Just something to keep in mind when you're implementing this.

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Baronet
Baronet

Post#10 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:15 pm

Yeah, we have considered that happening of course. Our terms of service clearly states that that sort of behavior is dealt with harshly, legally if need be... but we want people to have a place where that can review ...let's say a restraunt and say exactly how they felt about it, without google deleting their comments. If you want to review for example "McDonalds on 555 ave of NY city" and say it was a real fuckin shithole, that served raw hamburger and scrapped the meat off the floor, then they can. But legally they better have proof to backup their statements... but that's not our problem, that's that specific users problem. However we will remove that post IF asked to do so by that specific companies legal representatives.