Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter. Instant access as of March 2019!

Live action superhero, fantasy and sci fi shows

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

New Hegdeh
Peddler
Peddler

Re: Live action superhero, fantasy and sci fi shows

Post#16 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:01 pm

Stik wrote:The first season of The Boys was amazing. I can hardly wait for the second season.

Yeah, I was disappointed when I realized it wasn't coming until september.

Stik wrote:The Amazon series of The Tick was very good, too. It really captured the feel of the original comics.

They shouldn't have cancelled it! It was great

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Baronet
Baronet

Post#17 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:50 pm

I currently watch Stargirl, the boys, DCs legends of tomorrow and DC Titans. Stargirl being my fav because of the uniqueness. It's DCs best work by far.
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons

New Hegdeh
Peddler
Peddler

Post#18 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:39 pm

You must still be in the 1st season of The boys and the old seasons of Dc Titans... I marathoned Umbrella Academy's 2nd season and it is still good. Stargirl is outstanding and astounding despite its imagery but my favourite DC work is Black Lightning, although after entering the main arrowverse it grew weak and Titans and Doom Patrol rose to match it... "Cloak and Dagger" and "The Gifted" were Marvel's marvel... BL seemed unique to me... I watched Runaways but I found it somewhat weak.

JadedDM
Marshall
Marshall

Post#19 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:23 pm

I watched Cloak and Dagger, Runaways and Gifted, too. Too bad all three have since been canceled.

New Hegdeh
Peddler
Peddler

Post#20 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:05 am

JadedDM wrote:I watched Cloak and Dagger, Runaways and Gifted, too. Too bad all three have since been canceled.

Yes, and cloak and dagger and the gifted were too good to cancel.

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post#21 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:13 pm

JadedDM wrote:I watched Cloak and Dagger, Runaways and Gifted, too. Too bad all three have since been canceled.

I liked the premise of the Gifted, but how they ran with it, was a little off..

New Hegdeh
Peddler
Peddler

Post#22 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:37 pm

I dunno, that psycho with position-reversal powers was cool

New Hegdeh
Peddler
Peddler

Post#23 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:43 am

Cole wrote:I currently watch Stargirl, the boys, DCs legends of tomorrow and DC Titans. Stargirl being my fav because of the uniqueness. It's DCs best work by far.

I didn't realize how unique Stargirl is until I saw today's episode, you are right, it is unique. One of its bests. B list heroes, b-list villains, but great plots and concepts.