Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter. Instant access as of March 2019!

Gaming and the vaccine..

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Re: Gaming and the vaccine..

Post#16 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:10 pm

I wonder.. With the latest word from the CDC< about "those who are fully vaccinated, can now go maskless most anywhere', how THIS will impact gaming conventions?!

JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post#17 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Really depends on the convention, I suppose. Some will probably still be canceled this year, just to play it safe. Others might open up normally, or at limited capacity. It will probably depend on a number of factors, such as where it is held, when it is usually held, how big it usually is, etc.

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post#18 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:16 pm

JadedDM wrote:Four months later, and now I've had both shots and am totally vaccinated (or 'vaxxed to the max' as I like to say). Unfortunately, my work hours have quadrupled, and I don't actually have time to try putting together an in-person D&D group now. :(

I feel your pain, JDM.
I've been working six days a week since returning from pandemic-induced furlough in mid-September. What I wouldn't give to be bored these days.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post#19 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:02 pm

Be thankful both of you have jobs still!

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post#20 » Sat May 22, 2021 3:30 pm

garhkal wrote:Be thankful both of you have jobs still!

That is what makes the whole thing bearable. Better to be going crazy at work than going crazy looking for work.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Lukafio
Artisan
Artisan

Post#21 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:56 pm

Stik wrote:

That is what makes the whole thing bearable. Better to be going crazy at work than going crazy looking for work.

And some of us are just plain old going crazy.
:mage "Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post#22 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:44 pm

Lukafio wrote:
Stik wrote:

And some of us are just plain old going crazy.

Hey.. If you're already weird enough, you don't have to worry about going crazy.. :D

JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post#23 » Sun May 30, 2021 3:07 am

On the bright side, I actually managed to put together a game. Sort of.

It's just one player (who is also fully vaccinated). I've decided to convert one of the old HHQ series, specifically Wizard's Challenge, over to 5E. My hope is to eventually build up a full group, some day. But for now, this will work.

She rolled a half-elf wild sorcerer. For those not familiar with the module, the HHQ series were a series of solo adventures--Fighter's Challenge, Wizard's Challenge, Cleric's Challenge, Thief's Challenge, etc. They tend to be roleplay heavy and combat light, since they are designed for a party of one. Wizard's Challenge is basically a magical murder mystery. This particular player enjoys interacting with NPCs and getting to know them, and that's a big part of this one, so it's a good fit. I'm hoping to have everything ready for our first session later this week, or failing that, next week.

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post#24 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:00 pm

Hope it goes well for ya.

Lukafio
Artisan
Artisan

Post#25 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:50 pm

I remember those. I use to use them to help get things going when party creation was dragging, This way the players that were done didn't have to wait on slow poke. The benefit was they had a leg up on XP. I didn't do it all the time though. I think drivethruRPG has the PDFs for sale.

As for the thread topic ... a group I played with reached out to see if I wanted to play in person. I would have been happy to join them, except conditions were not conducive to the style of mixed gathering. So I'll keep waiting and enjoy my refound love for paining minis.
:mage "Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"