Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter.

Hello all

Back from the past? Been Lurking and finally want to say hi? Or simply new to the Planet? This is the place to introduce yourself to everyone else.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

hallsofvallhalla
Peasant
Peasant

Hello all

Post#1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:51 am

Was trolling the internet looking for a good D&D forum to become a part of and found this nice little corner of the internet.
I am a Software Engineer/indie game developer and avid player of D&D 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. 2nd is still my favorite by far. I don't get to play much anymore so I usually try to make web based games to kill the withdrawls.

Well met!

Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Re: Hello all

Post#2 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Welcome to the community halls! I look forward to talking shop with ya. Feel free to join a convo. or start your own. :greet:
A king without a sword, the land without a king!

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Marshall
Marshall

Post#3 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Welcome aboard.
Please let us know if you need anything.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

RPG Dinosaur
Artisan
Artisan

Post#4 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Is your user name possibly inspired by the new Mad Max movie? I WILL CARRY YOU TO THE GATES OF VALHALLA MYSELF IF YOU PROVIDE ENOUGH INTERESTING POSTS! If you don't know what I'm specifically referencing, forgive me, and welcome nonetheless :D . Like to discuss OD&D and 1e modules?
_Matt_

hallsofvallhalla
Peasant
Peasant

Post#5 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:16 am

I have had this username for about 10 years now. It is referencing the Halls of Valhalla, viking heaven.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valhalla

RPG Dinosaur
Artisan
Artisan

Post#6 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:15 pm

I suspected that you weren't inspired by Mad Max: Fury Road, but I'm such an enthusiast of M.M. that I had to ask :D.
_Matt_

rredmond
Freeman
Freeman

Post#7 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:06 am

Welcome!
--Ron--
& Magazine - www.and-mag.com/
I play at www.unseenservant.us/

SilverBen
Peasant
Peasant

Post#8 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:37 pm

I'm reposting this several times now, but it remains relevant... I'm introducing myself to the community here on PlanetADnD. I'm interested to run a 2nd edition AD&D game, having seen it done many times before for tabletop and virtual games and only now summoning the courage to sit in the virtual DMs chair. So, I am happy to host and coordinate a play by post game or virtual game online.

Generally, I am available most nights of the week during late night hours in the Eastern Time Zone. I prefer the PBP games in a forum or other asynchronous format. If players prefer virtual games, then my goal is to have short game sessions of two hours maximum but be focused on declaring character actions in rapid fire to keep the game moving.

My DM style is narrative and focuses on exploring the fantasy world. I'm seeking folks who share a passion for collaborative story telling. Maybe we'll take a published, classic, adventure and make it our own together. Send me a message with your level of interest to play.

Jenara
Town Crier
Town Crier
Artisan
Artisan

Post#9 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi,

If you want to run a game pop over to : http://www.padnd.com/forums and advertise, we don't bite. Lol
"Once you label me, you negate me."

rredmond
Freeman
Freeman

Post#10 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Holy carp! Never knew...
Going over to register now.
--Ron--
& Magazine - www.and-mag.com/
I play at www.unseenservant.us/

Jenara
Town Crier
Town Crier
Artisan
Artisan

Post#11 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:30 pm

I wonder how many actually do. :)
"Once you label me, you negate me."

Daisy221
Peasant
Peasant

Post#12 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:17 am

Hello, I am Daisy Simpson, a university professor,and I like to believe that I'm a very good professional freelance writer and newbie here.

garhkal
Lord
Lord

Post#13 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:49 pm

Welcome Daisy, and Halls.. Hope you enjoy the site..

RPG Dinosaur
Artisan
Artisan

Post#14 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:58 pm

Daisy221 wrote:Hello, I am Daisy Simpson, a university professor,and I like to believe that I'm a very good professional freelance writer and newbie here.

Hi Daisy, welcome to the site. Check out the Arts & Literature sections of the boards.
_Matt_