Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter.

Best Wife Ever!

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Meph
Freeman
Freeman

Best Wife Ever!

Post#1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:58 am

Tomorrow is my birthday but today is game day, so the wife decided that I needed to get my gifts a day early. What better than a Polyresin Dragon head to mount in the game room and beer for game night! I am going to hand paint the head once I figure out exactly what color scheme I want to use and get a taxidermy wall mount for it. As for the beer...i'm gonna drink it!

She said there is another gift on the way but it didn't arrive in time. I think it's also gaming related. While I can't seem to get her to play with us, she gets pretty involved in my out of game activities (game room, mini painting, terrain building). Hopefully eventually I can get her in game with us too.

JadedDM
Peddler
Peddler

Re: Best Wife Ever!

Post#2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Nice! And happy birthday!

Billy_Buttcheese
Peddler
Peddler

Post#3 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:54 pm

Very cool. Must be nice to have such an understanding spouse. While mine has less than zero interest in gaming, at least she's letting me have my own big game room when we move soon. Of course, that room will also have to double as my stereo cave as well but I'm fine with that. Make sure you provide us with pics of the finished and mounted version. Oh, enjoy the beverages as well.

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Post#4 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Yes, happy b-day Meph! That's a great wife indeed!
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons

TigerStripedDog
Merchant
Merchant

Post#5 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:02 am

That is awesome Meph, and indeed, happy birthday! I have a wife just like that - she makes treats for us, helps me get things prepped, and is understanding of the days when I have to take over the basement (it is a play room for the children most of the time).

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Post#6 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:01 pm

Opposite here. My wife calls us losers, makes fun of us heading down to the dungeon and makes sure to tell her friends she married a geek :lol: .... do I give a fuck? ...ummm no. One day she shall come to the dark side! :twisted:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons

Meph
Freeman
Freeman

Post#7 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Cole wrote:Opposite here. My wife calls us losers, makes fun of us heading down to the dungeon and makes sure to tell her friends she married a geek :lol: .... do I give a fuck? ...ummm no. One day she shall come to the dark side! :twisted:

That's a bit depressing!