Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter. Instant access as of March 2019!

Dungeon Robber

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

JadedDM
Merchant
Merchant

Dungeon Robber

Post#1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:46 pm

If you're stuck at home in the quarantine and looking for something to do, one of my players found this.

From the website:

"The very first single-player dungeoncrawl game was not a video game. It was a series of charts printed in the first edition of Dungeons and Dragons, back in 1979. By rolling dice according to the instructions, you could generate a dungeon which was illogical, arbitrary, super-lethal, and which often didn't even produce usable results.

THIS GAME USES THOSE CHARTS.

In this cruel dungeoncrawl game, you're a hapless explorer trying to survive the infinite twists, turns, traps, treasures, and terrors programmed by D&D designed Gary Gygax 35 years ago. I've tweaked the original D&D rules for the purposes of the game, but faithfully preserved every bizarre or banal detail of the original dungeon-creation charts."

So far I've tried it twice. First character didn't even make it to the second level of the dungeon, died to a skeleton. Second character made it to the second level and is still alive so far.

Anyway, enjoy.

Lukafio
Freeman
Freeman

Re: Dungeon Robber

Post#2 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:10 pm

Oh wow ... I think I might recall this. I'm going to have to dig in my storage and find mine. Of course I'll have to explore this link you have graciously shared.
:mage "Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"

JadedDM
Merchant
Merchant

Post#3 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:08 pm

Let us know how far you get. I still hope to one day live long enough to level up a character.

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Baronet
Baronet

Post#4 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:24 pm

Lol. Very cool. I'll give her a go.
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons

rredmond
Peddler
Peddler

Post#5 » Fri May 08, 2020 10:48 am

I have enjoyed this game many times in the past, and somewhat recently. It is a time suck though, be forewarned. :D
[url=www.drivethrurpg.com/product/288750/Saving-Throw-fundraiser-fanzine-for-James-D-Kramer]Jim Kramer Fund Raiser - please share![/url]