Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adventurers in Narmaren
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:18 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I am interested in this one, but I am going to hold-off a bit. Thank you for your time.
Ruehar moves on just browsing mostly. If he finds himself near Groont again he will attempt to overhear unobserved.

[Ooc: about what time is it?]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:32 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"The other short sword was impacted by a series of seafrets and so drew less power from the battlefield. It would not be any sharper or inflict more damage but would enable you to hit those things normally requiring silver or magic to hit. As it's somewhat less effective, the price is disproportionately lower," offers Delton just before Ruehar moves away.

What the trader has described reminds Ruehar of a story where Gabal's Magical Aura was cast on a weapon and was sufficient to damage werewolf; {OOC: effectively a +0 magic weapon}.

The doesn't appear to be any sign of Groont .

======
It's perhaps somewhere between 8 and 9am.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:08 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Ruehar makes his way back to find the person T'Jenn who had been searching for a missing woman.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:50 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

After asking around a bit about missing people, and getting mostly blank or possibly fearful looks, but no real dialogue, a small boy, scruffy and dirty, maybe 12 years of age, gets Ruehar's attention and motions for him to come into a tent. Having nothing more pressing to do, the elf follows. It's probable, judging for the size of the solitary bed, that this isn't the boy's tent. The fellow says in a quiet voice, "Hey Mister, I knows what's 'appening to 'the missing'. I'll tells you what I knows for a shiny silver piece."

The elf's sharp ears (no pun intended) hear a rumbling noise coming from the youth's stomach.

======
Tick on observation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:50 am 
Emperor
Emperor

While he isn't sure the kid has any useful intel, the waif's cndition tugs at his good-naturedness. Hmmm... he rubs at his chin thoughtfully, That's a little high for information... but I tell you what. I could use an industrious young information gatherer like yourself. One of the best qualities in someone like that is secrecy. He produces a silver mark and rolls it across the backs of his fingers. If you agree to be my secret informant and tell me what you know about the disappearances, this can be your first payment... he holds the coin out to the boy, Do we have a deal?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:08 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

The waif's eyes go wide at the prospect of ongoing coinage, "Yes. Yes, please, mister. A deal, sure. I won't tell no-one, I won't. Cross my heart and pants on fire!" He looks at the coin and his stomach rumbles alarmingly loudly.
He drops into a whisper, looking around the tent, presumably in case anyone has materialised within, "There's a scrounger. Goes by the name of Heral. I saw him, I did, he taked a goat from the village pen. it was late at night. He thought no one saw. But I saw. With my own eyes! He left the village with the goat and he came back without it. He was alone. I think he's the one."

What next?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:30 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Good lad. Which way did he go with the goat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:41 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

The lad grins from ear to ear as he points. Maybe he isn't used to receiving praise.
Ruehar knows simply that the direction points inland, away from the road.

======
Without Direction Sense, Map Sense or Mapless Travel it's d100 under Wis 77%, fail.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:08 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Good work, lad. I'll contact you again when I need more. He hands him the silver mark, making eye contact as he does so.

Ruehar steps out of the tent amd immediately looks to a permanent structure or nearby tree to use for a landmark regarding the direction the boy indicated. He makes certain to relate the landmark's position to at least two other immovable features in the vicinity (I.e. the bar or the unusual tree the blades-merchant was built near). Once he has the direction firm in his mind he walks back to meet up with Cheff and mention the half-hobgoblin's threat about 'disappearing' the blade seller, and the waif's info about Heral the goat-snatcher's direction of escape. What do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:39 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"Think the hobgoblin's a bluffer. All mouth 'n' no balls," replies Cheff. making a dismissive action with his pipe. He sees no irony in reptilian physiology.

The disappearances think gets his attention though. "Sound a bit odd, but no one's found a better lead. Could be that some of that have gone still need feeding. Or not related. Anyway, I wouldn't just go wandering off alone into the countryside if I were you. But you've promised to give me backup tomorrow, yes? Only fair I should do the same for you. Want to go now? Or are you waiting for something?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:14 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Yes, I'll back you up tomorrow as I said. I was going to wait on Polly to check out the herders, but maybe we'll have time to scout this first. Shall we?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:00 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"Sure. Lead on," answers Cheff, knocking his pipe out in the fire hearth.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:45 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Ruehar uses the tent's location and his aforementioned reference points to lead Cheff in the direction indicated by the boy. Once to the edge of the community he readies his bow and walks carefully. [Ooc: is cheff demonstrating any stealth?]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:03 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Cheff does seem to 'chunk' a lot.

======
Tracking check with 15% bonus or Observtion with 25% penalty.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:16 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Why don't you let me scout ahead a bit for stealth, but keep your ears and eyes open. Ruehar moves forward quietly to a good 90 foot lead, bow ready and eyes peeled.

====
[Ooc: lol. No tracking skill and observation is below 25% (19)]

Obs (19), MS(45), HS(40)
RK001 Obs, Move silent, hide shadows [1d100] = 22[1d100] = 7[1d100] = 44

Lol... well at least I'm quiet :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

Advanced search