Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:21 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:48 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 7375
Nocturno will make sure his mule is secure.
He will then follow the lead of the more forest friendly folk to hide.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:45 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1390
Jordek will assist in helping people hide for the ambush before hiding himself.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:00 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10913
Location:
United Kingdom
Katten slowly at first, begins to collect brush and branches, setting about to hide the members of the group, one at a time occasionally adding to the camoflage laid out by Jordek before hiding her and Dran.

Camoflage [1d20]=7 Need 10, Pass.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:37 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9945
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[sorry for delays, been a busy week moving/working etc]

Once the trap is set, the group conceals themselves in the forest nearby. Bullock sets the stage and calls out in mock distress. At first the animals in the forest go quiet, disturbed by the noise but as the minutes wear on they become used to it and continue their chatter.

Time drags on as life in the forest continues on about them. Minutes stretch into an hour and longer still. Around the second hour after setting the trap, the animals in the surrounding forest suddenly go silent aside from a crow cawing out an alert...


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:03 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9157
Linar continues to lurk in the low branches of a tree, arrow nocked, with a decent view of Bullock.

======
Hide in Shadows 85%
If (previously)needed to get into a suitable, Climb Walls is 70%


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:37 pm 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant
User avatar

Joined:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:21 am
Posts: 46
Findalsip finds a large rock to blend with. He places his caltrops fanned out in an area around him. Being far out of his element he has no clue what to expect from these worgs. Time sitting and waiting has calmed him somewhat as he is close to the rock. To pass the time he observes details of the stone and compares it to the rock from the Underdark and how the light makes it look. He searches for breaks, veins, strata, all with his eyes keeping as still was he can to avoid detection.

_________________
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:19 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 7375
Nocturno calms himself, preparing for the battle coming ahead.

He slips into meditation asking Corellon for calmness, and surety in battle.

When the change in the wild comes, he will break his meditation, and ready his beserker ability, ready to charge the first foe he encounters.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:14 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10913
Location:
United Kingdom
With an arrow notched in her bow Katten kneels, ready to strike.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:15 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9945
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Fin Scrounges around the nearby area to find a jutt of bedrock pushing up among the roots of an ancient oak; like one clinging to the breakwaters of an open ocean. The feel of the shattered stones about him are like the stagnant scribbles of the dead, but the feel of this one connection to the depths of the earth echoes of the unbroken connection to the bedrock of the world... here he clung to the living rock... and by the grace of the SmoothHands, he might endure....

The taint of matted fur and untanned leather reaches Bullock long before the sight or sound of trouble; but the indication is no less clear. The others have little to wait before the sight, sound or smell of the filthy Worg reaches them. It seems the pack is larger than expected; and half-dozen pairs of evenly spaced red-eyes watch menacingly from the undergrowth...

[Actions and Initiative (d10) ]
===
Approximately a half-dozen Worg are approaching, roughly evenly spaced throughout the forest. None have detected the party prior to the rolls called for


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:34 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9157
Linar tries to plant arrows in the furthest worg to which he has a clear line of sight.

======
Linar init [1d10]=5
Linar longbow Thaco18 [1d20]=14, [1d20]=18
Linar arrows [1d8]=8, [1d8]=6


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:24 pm 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant
User avatar

Joined:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:21 am
Posts: 46
Findalsip notes a bit of activity and keeps in touch with the rock. He awaits the arrival of these 'worgs'. He slowly scans the area where the elves have concealed themselves as well as Jordek. He inwardly prays that he can help these newfound companions in their fight.
-----
Findalsip Init: [1d10]=6

_________________
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:48 am 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 pm
Posts: 334
Location:
Western Mountains of North Carolina
Bull

Smelling their approaching quarry lets out a mournful call to sucker them in. And tightens his grip on Giant Bane. Waiting for their approach. If any get to close he rolls over and stands to strike.

MMMMMOOOOOOO!

=======

[1d10]=5 Init

[1d20+3]=9+3=12 Giant Bane

[1d10]=10x2+7 Giant Bane Damage Total of 27 Damage.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:47 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10913
Location:
United Kingdom
Katten stays under cover, only letting loose her arrows when she finally sees them appear..

(And I'll leave it to you to decide what happens with those rolls)

Init [1d10]=5

Long Bow (Thaco 16) [1d20]=1 dmg [1d6]=4
Long Bow (Thaco 16) [1d20]=1 dmg [1d6]=4

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:47 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1390
Jordek comes out only once combat is engaged, looking to assist one of his companions engaged in melee with some well placed stabs.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:14 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9945
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Round 1]

As the party lies in wait, the figure of a black canine the size of a dire wolf pads silently into view. It stares intently in Bullock's direction, hardly glancing to the side. A few yards away another pushes through the brush, fur matted and dank, with a hard-eyed goblin riding atop. The goblin grips a fistfull of the tangled fur in one clawed hand and bears a spear in the other. It watches the minotaur and mutters something in a guttral tongue. The beast it rides responds with a growling, almost wordlike response.

Another and another appear further out in the brush, with goblin riders. Still others can be heard but not yet seen nearby as the first one approaches. The goblins mutter amongst themselves, something about feeding time. One of the mounted worgs suddenly lifts its head, testing the air and growls sharply to its rider. Ees a TRAP! the rider cries shrilly! Suddenly arrows begin to rain from the trees as dark and wild elves fire their bows in unison with the Ranger! The missiles strike several of the Worgs, who respond with howls of pain and hatred! Katten's shot goes high over her target but miraculously flies straight into the mounted goblin behind, carrying him from his seat to the ground.

Nocturno begins to chant and shout as a reddish film descends over his eyes, the power of his god filling him with righteous fury! Nearby, one of the Worgs spots the previously hidden elf and lunges at him, landing a harsh bite with its toothy jaws! Diving from the underbrush, Jordek stabs at the furry foe with his daggers; drawing blood from the already injured wolf-kin!

One of the Worgs approaches the Minotaur, who promptly rolls to his feet and swings with the sword of Giants! The canine is agile enough to hop back just beyond the edge of the sweep before lunging to snap back at the larger foe. Another of the still mounted goblins urges his Worg closer and the pair attack with spear and fang, but fail to draw close enough beyond the sweep of the sword to land a blow on the Minotaur.

The remaining worg rider shouts to those not already engaged to rush the archers! In response, another volley of arrows flies from the trees and the creature threatening Nocturno goes down in a heap!

[So it looks like on the die roller Kattens first roll was a fumble but her second attack was actually pretty good, you just posted the fumble twice. Oddly enough, the fumble table I use has a 1/10 chance to threaten a random target in that direction, and she ended up hitting a goblin anyway :lol: she really hates goblins, lol]

[Actions R2?]
====
Init: R1

Fin: 6 hold
W5: 7
Jordek (6+2 daggers): 8
W6: 8
g3: 8
Dillosel (1+7 Lb): 8
W4: 9
Indendien (2+7 Lb): 9
Dellinanth (2+7 Lb): 9
Noct (7+3 ability): 10
W1: 10
g1: 10
W3: 10
Katten (5+7 Lb): 12
Linar (5+7 Lb): 12
W2: 12
g2: 12
Bull (5+13 G2-H): 18

Noct init [1d10]=7

Fin Holds

W5 moves to within 10 feet of Bullock

Jordek holds

g3 mounted on W6 moves to within 20 feet of Bullock (about 10 feet from Jordek)

Dillosel holds

W4 moves to within 10 feet of Nocturno

Indendien holds

Dellinanth holds

Noct Holds

g1 mounted on W1

W3 holds in the woods

Katten holds

Linar hodls

g2 mounted on W2 moves within 20 feet of Bullock (Near Fin)
W2 catches the scent of someone in the party!

Dillosel fires her Longbow at W2 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: Need 12+
[1d20] = 18, hit!
For [1d6] = 4 dmg
W2 is Hurt!

Dellinanth fires his Longbow at W6 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: Need 12+
[1d20] = 17, hit!
For [1d6] = 5 dmg
W6 is Hurt!

Indendien fires her Longbow at W1 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: Need 12+
[1d20] = 12, hit! (barely)
For [1d6] = 6 dmg
W1 is Hurt!

Katten fires her Longbow at W2 (AC 6)
Thac0 15 vs AC 6: Need 9+
[1d20] = 1, miss! Possible Fumble!
Katten fumble conf [1d20]=8, [1d10]=9, Fumble Confirmed!
1d10 result, shot threatens another!
[in range by size bullock 1-2, W2 3, g2 or g1 4, W1 5, w5 6] on 1d6
Katten fumble random target [1d6]=4 [1d2]=1, result g2 or g1 [1d2] = 1 so hit g1!
Katten fumble result [1d20]=16, [1d8]=5, target g2, Hit!
For [1d8] = 5 dmg!
g2 DIES!

Linar fires his Longbow at W4 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: Need 12+
[1d20] = 14, hit!
For [1d8] = 8
W4 is Hurt!

W5 moves to attack Bullock

Bullock (waiting) stands and slashes at W5 (AC 6) with his Giant 2-h
Thac0 16 vs AC 6: Need 10+
[1d20] = 9, miss! (barely)
(also can be written as Thac0 19 vs AC 6: need 13+ to hit. [1d20+3 str]=12. miss)

W5 bites at Bullock (AC 6)
Thac0 17 vs AC 6: need 11+
W5 vs Bullock [1d20]=7 [2d4]=2, miss!

Nocturno uses his priest ability Incite Berserker Rage on himself.
Nocturno is in a Berserk Rage!
+2 to hit and dmg while Rage maintained. Duration 6 turns max, i.e. 60 mins
He also cannot flee from a fight, nor leave

W4 spots Nocturno and moves into melee
W4 bites (-1 pierce vs splint) at Nocturno (AC 2)
Thac0 17 vs AC 2(-1): Need 16+ to hit
[1d20] = 17, hit!
For [2d4] = 5 dmg!
Nocturno is Barely scratched [16/21 hps]
W4 vs Noct [1d20]=17 [2d4]=5

Jordek (ready) moves up behind W4
Jordek stabs at W4 (AC 6) from behind (+2) with the dagger in his right hand
Thac0 20 vs AC 6(+2): Need 12+
[1d20] = 20, hit! Possible crit!
Jordek crit conf [1d20]=4, [1d4]=3, crit confirmed!
Hit for [1d4] = 1+ [1d4] = 3 => 1+3 = 4 dmg!
W4 is Hurt Badly!

Jordek stabs at W4 (AC 6) from behind (+2) with the dagger in his left hand (2 wep style)
Thac0 20 vs AC 6(+2): Need 12+
[1d20] = 11, miss! (barely)

jordek init, hit dmg [1d10]=6, [1d20]=20, [1d4]=1
Jordek 2nd attk [1d20]=11, [1d4]=4

W1 and g1 approach Bullock
W1 bites at Bullock (AC 6)
Thac0 17 vs AC 6: need 11+
[1d20] = 10, miss! (barely)

g1 stabs at Bullock with his spear
Thac0 20 vs AC 6: Need 14+
[1d20] = 4, miss

W1 and g1 vs Bullock [1d20]=10, [2d4]=5, [1d20]=4, [1d6]=5

W6 and g3 spot Dellinanth and prepare to attack!

W2 spots Dillosel and prepares to attack!

W3 searches for the archers and spots [1d6] = 4, Katten!
W3 prepares to attack Katten!

Dillosel fires her Longbow a second time at W2 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: Need 12+
[1d20] = 3, miss

Dellinanth fires his Longbow at W6 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: Need 12+
[1d20] = 8, miss!

Indendien fires her Longbow a second time at W1 (AC 6) (-4 in melee with Bullock)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (-4): Need 16+
[1d20] = 15, miss! (barely)

Katten fires her Longbow a second time at W2 (AC 6)
Thac0 15 vs AC 6: Need 9+
[1d20] = 15, hit!
For [1d6] = 2 dmg

Linar fires his Longbow a second time at W4 (AC 6) (-2 in melee with Nocturno)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6(-2): Need 14+
[1d20] = 18, hit!
For [1d8] = 6
W4 DIES


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 494 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group