Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:23 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Out of Character discussion
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:59 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10573
Location:
United Kingdom
I believe I am being true to her feline nature, someone will have to tell her, the animal is strong and it is in charge right now.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Out of Character discussion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:44 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8948
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The calendar is up, i decided after a bit to go with the version that shows a graphical representation of the moon phases. It's a little easier on the eyes when skimming.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Out of Character discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:10 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6272
How does casting a too high level spell from a scroll work in 2E again?

Been playing 5E so much I am losing my 2E rules.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Out of Character discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:55 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8948
Location:
somewhere in the aether
basically there is a 5 % chance to fail based on required char level difference.

A lvl 3 cleric trying to cast a lvl 6 spell (requiring char lvl 11) would have:
(11-3) = 8*5% = 40% chance of failure/ 60% chance of success

there is an additional table for the DM that gives the % chance some unintended ill effect will occur, but it is usually low


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Out of Character discussion
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:54 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7838
Sorry to be slow on the uptahe but is Katten going after the (presumed) basilisk now?


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Out of Character discussion
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:38 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10573
Location:
United Kingdom
No, but she will remain guarding unless something more pressing comes up.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group