Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:11 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:58 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6789
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Group A: “Wild Ones”
[Because… well… they are wild ;) Even Nocturno… he has an interesting priest ability]
PCs: Elden, Jordek, Katten, Nocturno,
NPCs: Arac, Pinas, Fizford, Dillosel, Hammart, Indendien, Galegenoh (Male Tribal Human)

Game Day 2
///////

Dillosel and Katten move silently into the woods ahead, almost disappearing from sight of the others. Indendien takes the lead for the group, seemingly able to follow the Wild Elf and Ranger without any trouble. The small folk remain quiet and observant. As they get some small distance from the glade, an almost-forgotten sense of contentment lessens. The residual comfort of their time there still lingers, but it is akin to the fading warmth of having basked in sunlight before returning to the shade. A strange shiver comes over Nocturno and Elden, as they realize they may never see the beautific place again without the aid of others…

As the group moves southeast, they cross the old road. The wide dirt lane had once been used frequently… so they had heard. It had never been so in their lifetimes, or at least as far back as Nocturno could recall... perhaps it had been so when he was young. Jordek recalls it being in much better repair when he crossed it to find his hermitage nearly a century ago.

It was broad enough for two wagons to pass… at least it would have been had nature not been re-taking the edges one branch at a time… Now the canopy high overhead fully covered the one-time thoroughfare. Far to the south the road wound, dozens of miles, lay Bordertown. Northward the path continued to a place all too familiar to the group, The Bridge.

Eastward for hundreds of miles stretched the Fenris forest. A chill courses down Jordek’s spine as he realizes he is moving closer to the place he had avoided for so many many decades. Though he knew it was dozens of miles off yet, the sensation still struck him.

The group plunges on into the woodlands, the scouts making good time in the familiar territory. Suddenly Katten feels the familiar Shiver that tells her she has returned to her home… her very own patch of life in this wild place. The scouts slow and the group catches up as a clearly feminine voice calls out, from somewhere far ahead. I see you have returned, my friend. It says. Briefly Katten catches the aroma of moss and the faint hint of flowers in bloom.


===
Nocturno, if you want to take up RP for Rivi’s char for now that works for me.

Jordek actually knows where the glade is from his conversations with Signa over the years, and might be able to figure out how to enter without the Key from various clues if he can recall them (wisdom check)

Katten recognizes the voice as Ataya’s.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:37 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3401
Nocturno will roll his eyes. Under his breath he will whisper "Chitchat."

"What was that?" Elden will say. Nocturno not sure if it was directed at him, or to the conversation at the front.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9713
Location:
United Kingdom
"Ataya!" Katten grins and abandons her stoic behaviour, rushing towards the grove a feeling of wellness crosses her features, her teeth bared she abandons the pack she had aquired. "How goes the Forest?" She purrs as she approaches the glade.

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6789
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Katten rushes ahead, greeted by light laughter and a voice like the echo of fresh spring rain. Welcome back home, dear one. She says happily. I see you have brought friends. Does this mesn the spawn of Khurgorbaeyag* will trouble us no more?

Beyond, the group finds a small open space surrounded by towering trees and filled with rich leafy underbrush, dotted with wildflowers. A beautiful elf-maiden stands, arms open and face smiling at the Ranger's enthusiastic approach. The others quickly realize she is not in fact an elf, though she has the pointed ears that are their trademark. Soft, waving grass forms her long green hair; cascading down her elegant form. Shapely legs seem grown from the roots of a willow, and a gossamer moss forms the long trailing sleeves of a garment that clings to her figure.

Looking up, she smiles in greeting to the Wild elves, who raise their hands palm-out in salutation. Her eyes light on the small folk and Nocturno, all of whom she acknowledges with a nod. She raises an eyebrow at Elden's unusual appearance, and gives a chuckle over the tribal human, who stares at her utterly agape as if he had stumbled upon a god walking.

It's quite apparent the rest of the group had never seen one before... many had heard the older local elves tell of them... Dryads...

=====
[Dillosel and Indemdien have met Ataya, though Katten might not know that. It happened before she was born.

*Anyone passing a Religeon NWP check will recognize the Khurgorbaeyag as the god of Goblins.
+2 to Nocturno and Jordek's checks on this since they're from nearby.
Katten knows the name already as they are her species enemy.


Attachments:
Dryad.jpg
Dryad.jpg [ 61.95 KiB | Viewed 1487 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9713
Location:
United Kingdom
"This Ataya, she friend. Good friend. She one with forest." Katten purrs introducing each member in term before hugging the Beautiful Dryad closely. "Khurgorbaeyag spreading further, they have Prisoners, some dear to me." She speaks in elven. "They should be stopped." She asserts.

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3401
Religion 16+2 [1d20] = 2

Nocturno will return the nod but stay silent hoping he doesn't look like the tribal human.

Elden will be very forthright and approach Elden, nice to meet you! Uhm... he will stop as he doesn't know her name... and will stand with his hand outstretched.

Nocturno will see this, and approach with a bow. If the Dryad acknowledges him, he will produce the trinket, and ask.
"Is this the mark of their god?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline
Vagabond
Vagabond

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 86
Religion 18+2 [1d20] = 10 (I hope I did that right)


Jorderk looks at Ataya, grins widely and gives a cheery "hello!" followed up closely with a whispered "No! You cannot climb her! At least not until she says you can!" to Chitt. He will then unobtrusively attempt to edge behind one of the larger folk as he realizes that last bit came out aloud.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6789
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Ataya nods in agreement with Katten's assesment of the goblins. Taking up the Elven tongue, Not easily rooted out are the Slave God's... offal. The Dryad says, distaste plain in her face. Dran pads over to her and her expression brightens a little at the young wolf's wagging tail, Shall I ask? The wind and the sight of your new friends speaks to me of some success... I met the most curious creature while you were away... he bore the mark of a guide, and traveled with an Elven cat... did he find you? She asks as she scratches the wolf's lower back with her long fingers.

Elden rushes forward, anvil still strapped to his back. The lady eyes him dubiously, I am Ataya... this is my home. What brings one not of the wild so far from the walls of man?

As Nocturno approaches, she considers him a moment as she accepts the object. She glances at it briefly but shakes her head. No. His symbol is a pair of rings connected by a sinister crescent moon. This is no god i know. Goblins worship many things, being cowardly and weak as they are. Perhaps it is no god at all.

The Dryad giggles despite the serious talk when Jordek waves. Well. It has been some time since one of the Tree Gnomes has passed this way. Though i hear there are many of you living among the elves to the East. Be welcome here. And where is this friend you're speaking to? Have i misses someone?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:52 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9713
Location:
United Kingdom
"Bull Man?" Katten speaks as she lingers near the Dryad her mind absorbing the feeling of her home for a short while. "Garroth, he brave but foolish. We met many including one who walks the dark path yet carries good in his heart." She speaks in Elven once more.

"Illani begon Daliath." Her words take on a musical quality the sounds filling the air like the wind blowing through the trees. "

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3401
"Thank you." Nocturno will bow his head slightly and move back respectfully.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline
Vagabond
Vagabond

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 86
Realizing that no offense was taken, Jordek grins broadly and thrusts his hand up dramatically to provide a perch for Chitt as he hops from his perch among the tufts of black hair. Grandly he announces "allow me to present Chitt, the finest squirrel a gnome could ever wish for!" The effect is somewhat ruined by the giggles he unabashedly lets out.

(OOC a bit late on this but here is the wisdom role to see if he knows how to get back to the glade Wisdom 18 [1d20] = 17 )


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:33 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9713
Location:
United Kingdom
"Dran." Katten warns as the Squirrel appears, "Not food." Grasping the wolf by the neck she kisses his snout.

"My friends are heading home, I head to the Elven Village." Opening her arms she speaks again.

"Welcome to Domain of Nesserr. You safe here. Thus my home. Ataya guard forest, she here long time. Quite beautiful." She bows.

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:01 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6789
Location:
somewhere in the aether
A Dark Elf... here? Ataya asks the ranger in a sharp but quiet voice; barely noticing Nocturno's withdrawl and seemingly forgetting the human or the moment.

Chit scampers up Jordek's hand and leaps through the air, gliding with ease. Dran crouches, but the Feliz' grip holds him in place as the tiny squirrel drifts into the Dryad's extended hand. He scurries down her arm to sniff at her cheek, her obvious enjoyment spoiled slightly by the news of a Drow. You say she has a good heart. I know you must believe it, but you are young yet, my dear friend... where is she now? Ataya scratches Katten's back comfortingly with her pointed, bark-like nails.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:08 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9713
Location:
United Kingdom
"He is with the other group, he went to Bordertown with the Menn we rescued." purring softly she speaks in Elven before turning back, "He help save people, good heart shown by good actions, not colour of skin place you came from. Elden be friend." She adds in common (Ataya knows she distrusts Men).

"He follow Elf Father, not Spiders, me trust him." She states quite firmly. "All'othian D'oreth kalla." (He is my friend, you trust me. [in Dryad, yes I am making Dryad up as I go along]).

"Friends, we rest get energy, tell Ataya story. Then we go to Elf Home." She grins. "Squirrel man, perhaps you tell your story while we rest?"

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:51 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3401
Nocturno will wait till spoken to, or shown where to set camp.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group