Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 47  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:53 am 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:41 am
Posts: 198
Thoreau swishes up against Linar's legs. Thoreau is still learning spoken language, and not fluent yet in Elven or common, and can hold up only a basic conversation. "What looks for? I helps out ?"
Thoreau bounds along helping Linar look around.

_________________
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:44 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 2952
"It certainly sounded like a prophecy that he think goblins will wash over the land. But I'm hoping we are in time to nip that in the bud." This is the first time it will occur to Nocturno that this threat is probably bigger than he thought.... it isn't just the human gathering drawing these hate filled monsters to his homeland... could this be a full scale attack on society as a whole? No it can't be. This is just a localized threat.

"It seems we have found all the end points to these caves. I think we will be heading out shortly."

He now faces the prospect of checking on the Human and Minotaur. He shudders but does realize they played key roles in their victory.

"How are the 2 of you fairing?" There will be visible discomfort on his face when addressing the Minotaur.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:28 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6135
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Chris: the group will have the sacks among them, yes. No Rendevous point was specified.]


Eariel leads the humans, including the soldiers and civilians aside from the tribal, after Linar. [see below]

The tribal human stays near the rest of the group, gravitating near the elven women. He squints at Nocturno, almost as if he recognizes him. Hesitantly he speaks, Ageless one… are… you are Misan? he asks in imperfect elven. My tribe… beyond great pit, not far from home. He seems torn between asking the obvious and fearing to trouble the elf.

Arac and Hamart, the two halflings, move to the south end of the room with the Gnome. If you guys want that magic piece I found, I stashed it near where we were allowed to sleep. I hid it really well, they never found it; even when that old bone-priest tried his magic mumbo jumbo!

You hid it from them?! the Gnome, who Tag called ‘Fiz’, almost shouts. They made us dig to the bone looking for that thing and you had it all along?! You think they would have made us stop digging if they found it? Arac retorts. We’d just be digging a footbath or a new room for that one. He says, jerking his thumb towards the chamber where Zag’Rek had fallen. And if they had found it, what do you think they would have done to us?! Well they didn’t find it and.. Hamart interposes himself between the two as they continue bickering, trying to calm the pair down. First the other lair and now this one, I’m ready to get out of goblin hands for good. Fiz says in a huff, before turning with a purpose to set out down the corridor.


Near the Shrine/Storage Room: Linar, Thoreau?, Eariel, Tag, Hew, 2 human men, 2 human women.
The humans soon have to slow their pace considerably in the dark, until the group reaches the store-room. Eariel then quickly finds and lights a torch, setting the soldiers about collecting the supplies they will need for the trip including lights, food and equipment.

Linar begins a closer inspection of the Shrine area. In the far corner stands a short stone table covered in layers and layers of blood; the design marked on the wall behind... perhaps this is the symbol for Ossunin himself… Along the south wall sit bowls, earthen pots and small waterskins. They contain odd components, mostly animal refuse, ground bones or withering herbs. Perhaps these were spell components for something. The use of such things is partly familiar to the cleric, and it seems likely they were used for attempted divinations or the like.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:39 pm 
Online
Count
Count

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 3854
If the humans start to leave Linar wishes them good luck and raises three fingers, waved in an arc. {OOC1: A 'These are not the droids you're looking for' motion.}

He stoops to feed Thoreau {OOC2: I'm assuming this is a familiar or companion to Garoth} and says, "I'm looking for anything hidden. Maybe buried. or covered up. Can you smell anything like that?"

If he finds nothing else, Linar will examine the alter for sliding bits, compartments perhaps, or maybe just something tucked out of sight.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9393
Location:
United Kingdom
"He no lie." Katten responds as she lowers her blade. "Jy wys ons roete, ek vra om jou te laat gaan. Kom af, wag, as jy beweeg, vermoor ek jou." She explains and explains what he said to the others as she heads into the main chamber. "We go outside, take coins."

_________________
Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:41 am
Posts: 198
Thoreau followed Linar and looks at him as he talks... "Hidden, I find.."

Thoreau helps Linar look using his Elven cat senses..

_________________
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:34 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9393
Location:
United Kingdom
(does Katten catch the conversation about the item the wild man hid?)

_________________
Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:14 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6135
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Jen: Arac the Halfling injured in the fighting found and hid the item. We can say Katten returned in time to hear part of it. He actually said it before everyone heard the goblin moving as well, but nobody responded to it then.

Chris: what is Linar feeding Thoreau? Yes, Thoreau is Garth’s Ranger animal companion, but the elven cat is very very young and not yet come into his abilities. Also, Garroth doesn’t know exactly what it can or cannot do yet aside from simple speaking and normal kitten stuff.]


Tunnel Chamber:
Katten returns at the end of the smallfolk conversation, leading the goblin; who cooperates fully. She soon begins trying to usher the group out of the cavern.

Boyd finishes skinning the Worg.


Near the Shrine/Storage Room:
The Drow and the Elven Cat begin searching the shrine area. The young feline’s sense of smell is quickly overwhelmed by the reek of blood and decay of various animal parts. The sensitive eyes and hearing of the pair don’t pick up anything new.

Eariel and the humans seem to be nearing the end of their preparations, but also appear to be waiting on something.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:19 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 2952
"Yes, I am from Misan. Do not fear human, we will get you out so you can get home."

"Shall we go recover the item?" He will motion to the halflings.

[Fizban?]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:02 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9393
Location:
United Kingdom
"You hide thing Bone Priest looking for?" Kattens ears prick up, "You find it? We give it to Signa." Her words are directed to the small folk.


Rolling the map into a pouch she shoulders her bag of coins and ensures everyone who is ready leaves. "You wait? Why?' She asks the humans, keeping the wild elves close by. "We go to the forest, near my home, we will be safe there." Switching to Elven she assures Dillosel And the Elves.

_________________
Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:18 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 2952
"If you will escort the prisoners out, I will escort the small folk to the item." Nocturno will say this in common so everyone is in on the planning. He smirks at himself... speaking common to include these folks....

"I will make sure to get it gets to Signa. But I assume we will meet in the forest outside the cave." He says to Katten in Elven.


[OoC: So easy to play Pyros it comes naturally... so hard to remember to be harsh and racist on this guy lol...]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 am 
Online
Count
Count

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 3854
After feeding scraps of jerked meat from the trail rations to Thoreau and assuring himself that there doesn't appear to be anything secreted in or around the altar, Linar is ready to leave.
On hearing Nocturno talking, he says, "Sorry, but I didn't understand a word of that."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:02 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 2952
"I was askign Katten if she was going to escort the prisoners out, and I volunteered to escort the small folk to the item." He will repeat in Elven.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:21 am 
Online
Count
Count

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 3854
"Thank you, Nocturno," responds Linar with a a minute bow. "If you you wish, and when time allows, perhaps you would teach me some of this tongue Common to the surface realms. I could teach you a language in return, should you wish it."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6135
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Nocturno and Linar are 3 rooms away from each other unless the Drow returned :lol: No worries. Also, basically everyone except a couple of the human civilians seem to speak elven, just to simplify matters. ;) You can consider the conversation to have happened pnce they're met up. relatively Full Map on pg 23 in OOC]
[Lol, Fizban. You'll have to ask his full name to find out ;) ]

Arac leads Nocturno, Hamart, Fiz and the other halfling south to the area where the slaves were kept. Arac moves towards one of the filthy privy tunnels and begins deftly climbing the wall! He scales up into a crevice none but a halfling or Gnome could reach. Stretching his arm into a tiny niche hidden high on the wall he comes up with a slender rod. Returning to the floor he hands it to Nocturno.

The piece is long, slender, and obviously metallic. It looks most like a highly polished iron wand the length of his forearm. One end has a grooved ring where something is supposed to clamp on, the other end bears 2 finely drilled holes where another piece should be mounted... it is obviously incomplete.


The remainder of the prisoners all follow Katten towards the exit. [Elden, Van, Garroth and Boyd?] They pass Nocturno and the others to the south and head east, reaching the supply tunnel where Eariel and the humans join the procession.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 47  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group