Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:02 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

Jordek follows the party up into the entrance of the city with a curious Chitt riding openly on him. If the party meanders a bit then Chitt and Jordek will break out in a couple short "chases" where one or the other will abruptly dive into any convenient cover and try to hide from the other only to have the other chase after. [an odd sort of Benny Hill peekaboo chase] Seemingly ignoring the city around them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:14 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Jordek and Chitt find plenty of places to hide and chase, the tiny mammal stumbling unbeknownst upon an elven guardsman or two in the process. One such guard gives the flying squirrel a boost and sending him sailing across to a far bridge where Chitt hops back and forth; daring Jordek to chase him. Feryllian grins at Nocturno again, Veeery interesting friends. he says. He glances over the anvil-toting human, his eyes crinkling the barest bit at the edges as he cuts them towards his cousin. The slightly younger cleric could almost hear him... something about bringing a pack animal... A single eyebrow quirks just the barest bit upward at sight of the wild elf woman. Your first real venture into the world seems to have been quite the success...

===
There are, of course, shops and the like he could visit if he needs supplies. Friends and relatives, and he understands that he would be allowed a short time to refresh before making his report to the council. The elders are naturally not always present at the chambers, but a messenger or runner would be and able to gather them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:28 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Nocturno chuckles... "You are telling me. Less than a month ago, if you told me I would be travelling with this group, I would have checked you for toxins."

"Well I think we will head to my home, so we can clean up. Do you know if the elders are available?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:32 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Feryllian chuckles, Been at the feywine yourself, have you? He jibes, gently. Haven't seen the elders about recently, but you know as well as I if you need them just send a runner from the council tree and they'll drum them up for you. The guardsman waves as the group departs towards Nocturno's home.

Following the viney bridges, it doesn't take long before the High Elf finds his place exactly as he left it. A curtain of hanging willow-like vines is easily brushed aside to gain entry; though he knew full well if there was any danger the defenses would be much more daunting. No one seems to have been in or out, except for whomever left a small woven trinket on the table just inside the door. It appears made from woven blades of fine grass in the shape of a bird with a long plumed tail. Likely his mother left it, she enjoyed leaving him such things from time to time.

The air in the dwelling is fresh and clean, and of a temperature absolutely perfect compared to that outside. A gentle breeze stirs through from natural ventilations elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:49 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"Welcome to my humble abode. No signing or feasts here. But time to clean up, and rest. I will head to set a runner to fetch the Elders." He will set to getting water so all can wash up. Then quickly change into some fresh clothing. Leaving armour and weapons in his home as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:07 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Nocturno flags down a youngling passing by and give him the instructions. The boy runs off, eager to help. The group have a chance to refresh themselves, and find the home very soothing and comfortable. Indendien takes the chance to wash her hands and face, but keeps her weapons and gear. I have not been to a High Elf village before... this is not what I expected... to even think such... changes could be made to a living tree... she muses.

After a little under an hour the boy returns with word that one from the council is available to meet with him (at the council tree).

[The process of 'guiding' trees is a combination of magic and extremely long-term plant tending perfected by the high elves. One can grow entire rooms and homes from a single tree without harming it in any way, but the process takes centuries. Nocturno's home was grown by the community over hundreds of years, and he took up care of it when he came of age and moved in. In game-terms he just has to give it minor attention 1/year]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:32 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"Shall we?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:34 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

Taking in the room and the city itself Jordek remarks "reminds me of ..." his expression darkens as he abruptly finishes the thought with "well nevermind that". He looks down at himself and mutters "yes yes presentation, we mustn't look like we just crawled out of the wilds." He begins to vigorously slap about at his mismatched leathers in an attempt to make the various patches have a bit more "pop". He swipes his hands swiftly though his hair and dexterously smoothes his beard braids in place. "I guess I am ready to go then" he says. A mad bout of furious chittering blasts at him as a clearly agitated Chitt bounces around in front him. "Right, I almost forgot!" he exclaims as he extends an arm out for Chitt. As soon as Chitt lands on his arm he swiftly brings Chitt up to his face and gives the squirrel a great lick from his head down his back and smoothes the hair down with his other hand. "You'll be wanting to look presentable as well". He preparations complete he regards the others and anounces "Now we are ready."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:04 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

He will lead the group to the tree to meet with the council.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:54 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

Jordek follows along

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Advanced search