Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:36 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3215
[lol Pinas... must not make a Pinas joke... as long as he doesn't start to spit at me... ]

Noc will walk in silence unless he sees something, or is spoken in to.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:12 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[pronounced Pine-as :p ;) ]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Sorry for the delays. Real life has been a bit... unstable lately.]

Indendien leads the group on through the woods, Pinas moving to the fore with her while Arac drifts a little farther back. We're really almost there! Almost home... the other's can hear the excitement and near disbelief in the halfling's voice. Finally they crest a small wooded hill to find a wide, natural gully on the other side. The gully tumbles down to a creek below. Small ledges and shelves of somewhat level ground decorate either side of the depression. At first no sign of residence is visible, but as they descend, more and more round doors become visible to either side. The small ledges prove to be personal gardens, and a few halflings can be spotted milling about. Coil-shaped beehives can be seen high along the hills to either side, and tawny and brown goats roam the area freely munching on the shrubs and thick patches of clover. Welcome to Cloverdale! He says.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3215
Nocturno will perk up with the chatter, but will keep his guard up.

He will glance to see if there are any home fires, or signs of friendly movement.

The last few days have kept him on edge, even after the peaveful couple of evenings.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:52 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Pinas calls out Hullloooo Cloverdale! Anyone about?! Immediately heads begin to pop out from behind doors or rocks or above ledges and shrubs as just over one dozen Halflings make themselves known. A few smile and move towards the group, while others rush indoors and emerge quickly followed by more. The group chatters with a myriad of questions, for him and the others. Where had he been? What happened? Had he run away and seen far-away lands like others had before? Others thanked ‘The Whistler’ enthusiastically; naturally assuming he was responsible for the return.

In the back of the group Arac peeks out from behind Galegenoh, but an older Halfling spots him. Well, nephew… it has been some time… It seems our wayward wanderers have returned together! He chuckles. The other halflings settle down a little as the older one speaks. With a wry look at Arac who stepping sheepishly out now that he had been discovered, the older Halfling continues. Turning to the elves and Hammart, We owe you a great debt for returning our young men. I… hope they weren’t too much trouble… Come, it is nearly time for Afternoon Tea. We can talk as we take our refreshment. He begins to lead them along a path skirting one side of the stony gully.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:16 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3215
Nocturno will roll his eyes at the afternoon tea.

But knows Halflings are set in there ways as much as his people.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:21 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The older Halfling introduces himself as Harrel Mitwede as other residents scatter to gather tea and biscuits and small treats. He leads the group to a wide outcropping overlooking the gulch in a patch of sun. As he speaks An abundance of food is brought out; rolls and biscuits, butter and small tarts along with several different types of tea and plenty of honey. So tell me, friends. Where did you find our wayward youngsters? The elder looks between the elves of the group; obviously the least bedraggled. Hammart remains silent for a change, inspecting the plants and hives around the community from afar.

Pinas digs in as if he hadn’t eaten in a month… though aside from the Elven feast he likely hadn’t had a decent meal in half that long; which might as well be a month to a Halfling. Arac begins slowly, keeping his eyes on old Harrel, but soon forgets to be watchful as the flavors of buttermilk biscuits and fresh honey sooth his demeanor. He chews heartily, taking a deep breath through his nostrils and letting it out slowly in the universal sign of contentment. Several other halfings join in the meal, chattering lightly behind the group but not interrupting. Galegenoh and Fiz both occupy themselves with packing away a decent meal.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:47 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3215
"In our exploration of a Goblin Warren, we came about these poor fellows." Nocturno will pull out his copy of the map.(I kept one right? lol)

He will point out the place, emphasizing how close it was to here.

"They have grown bold, they even enslaved part of a patrol from Bordertown. I am hoping to convince the Council of Misan to mobilize on these other camps."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:07 pm 
Offline
Vagabond
Vagabond

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 77
Between mouthfuls, Jordek explains that he knows nothing of those events but is lending what aide he can to the group after becoming aware of the situation thanks to a mutual friend. "Perhaps you know of him? Protector type of fellow, elf, not so patient with trolls...."

Catching Harrel's eye, Jordek winks and follows up with "good food you have here, between Hammart and the spread you've laid out, I think I like Halflings!" He jumps up suddenly and starts vigorously wiggling. "Don't be shy Chitt! Come and say hi and get a bite!" After a moment a small head pokes out from his sleeve...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:38 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Yeah, I think Nocturno made two copies of the map: One for Eariel and one for himself. I don’t think the party took the original.]

Goblins? My my… quite the trouble our youngsters have stumbled upon… he murmurs. Arac pauses, mid-bite, and busies himself with buttering up another biscuit; carefully avoiding the elder’s gaze. Pinas mutters something indiscernible around a mouthful of food. A single raised eyebrow from Harrel quiets the younger Halfling.

Nocturno produces the map and unfurls it for him. Nodding, the aged Stout rubs his hairless chin idly. So… still south of the canyon I see… But how is it that Misan came to be involved? You don’t mean they’re venturing North, do you? And they’ve captured human soldiers? He asks, concern creeping into his voice. Suddenly he seems much older to the group, his age showing through his stalwart demeanor for a moment. It occurs to Nocturno that Harrel must be near his own age, if not a little older; though 100 years was still considered old for one of the small folk.

Jordek chimes in regarding his own introduction to the situation. Elder Mitwede’s eyes peer off into memory, Protector… Guardian… there was one, long ago… I have not seen him for some time, but when I was a young man of but 30 summers an elf named Signa would stop by on occasion… His reverie is disrupted for a moment when the gnome begins to wiggle and cry out. The tiny squirrel’s head pops out from the Gnome’s sleeve; tiny nose testing the air. A few of the girls in the back giggle and chatter about the furry new arrival. One even holds out a pecan-tart for the diminutive creature to try.

The laughter of the children softens the elder’s features somewhat, but a concern soon replaces it. We are no more than seventy stouts and hairfoot… Cloverdale is well hidden, but if the goblins move North of the rift in numbers, we don’t stand a chance… Apdale might fare better, but the blight of the rift is older than my greatfather’s time… and only growing from what I hear… turning to the High Elf, he speaks seriously. Do you think your council will do this? Will they at least hold them at the bridge?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:25 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3215
"I'm really not sure what they will do. But I am hoping this will spur some lind if action other than defense. I was sent to fi d the root of these attacks. We now know it is a much larger concern than a few raids around Misan."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Harrel nods, sadly. We would hate to leave our home… perhaps we can contact our cousins in Meadville, and I have some family in Hilldale. They may be able to send some young men to help us if things go badly, or to take us in if we must flee… but… looking over the faces of the children and the others he sighs. We can only wait and see what becomes of this threat. Is there anything you need that we can provide to aid you on your way? He asks.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:20 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 3215
"For myself I don't think so, thank you." As tea starts to wind down he will look to Indendien to get the rest of the group moving again.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline
Vagabond
Vagabond

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 77
"I need nothing material thank you, though you could write down the herb mix of that delightful tea if willing..." Jordek shoulders his pack and readies himself to move onwards.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:43 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
You are always welcome here if you need shelter. All of you. Harrel offers. As the quick repast winds down, Nocturno looks to Indendien. She nods and rises saying, Thank you for sharing your forage with us. Be well. Readying her gear she prepares to move out. Hammart grins and rises as well, but looks to Harrel. I’d like to stick around a while and check out those beehives. I’ve always been intrigued at how they benefit crops, but I haven’t studied them close much. The elder Halfling nods, Certainly, whistler. You’re quite welcome to stay. And I may ask your aid with some of our plants. This rocky soil doesn’t take certain things we’d like to plant. Maybe… The conversation fades out as the pair wander off. The halflings remaining thank the group profusely, finally sated with the brunch for the moment.

Arac approaches them a little sheepishly, Um… thanks for all of your help. I, uh… I left home here before I was allowed because of my youth but… well, now that I’ve been to human cities and things I really can’t stay here. Oh, I’ll stick around for a week or two and visit, but I’ll probably head up to Thel Jeers before long. If you’re ever in the area, or you need someone skilled in the… he glances around to be sure he isn’t overheard, ’less conspicuous’ arts, look me up. He thanks them again and waves farewell as he turns back to talk to some of the other halflings.

One of the Halfling women chuckles at Jordek’s remark about the tea and gives him the quick recipe. Apparently it is a blend of 3 different leaves with a dab of honey and a pinch of chicory root.

As the group sets out, Indendien begins to lead them NorthWest. We should reach the Gnomish community next, in just a couple of hours. Again the wild elf scouts ahead, guiding the group around any trouble. True to her word, it is not long before she stops at the base of a small cluster of hills. Fizford bolts forward to a rocky outcropping on one side of the main hill. He reaches a stone that looks exactly like any other along the side and manipulates it somehow, and a stone nearby rolls backwards into the hill! A secret entrance!

The rock-gnome looks to the sky which is gradually shifting towards night. You guys are welcome to stay here for the night. I don’t know how far it is to the next stop, but I’m sure The Rainbow Hall will give you a hero’s welcome. He offers.

Indendien looks to the others, We can reach the wild-man’s home just after nightfall, or we can stay here. I leave it to you four to decide.

=====
The time is 6:00 pm. This time of year sundown will be about 7:30 pm

Arac, Pinas and Fiz have been successfully returned home! Their names will be marked green in the original post of this thread to reflect that. Hammart’s will be marked blue.

The remaining party consists of
PCs: Elden, Jordek, Nocturno,
[b]NPCs: [/b Indendien, Galegenoh


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group