Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:02 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"Well I don't think there is much for us to do other than just be here till morning. Let's go have a look at the fire. That always calms me down." Nocturno will descend and walk to the fire.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:48 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Nocturno descends, and picks up a tail of a couple halflings and a tribal human. Moving to the fire pit he finds the coals banked for an easy start tonight. There is plenty of wood nearby, all set aside and properly dried yet also obscured from view outside of the camp.

Katten moves back to check on Dran, who is enjoying his rest in the cozy makeshift-den.

[Did anyone want to accomplish anything specific before nightfall? Otherwise we can just jump ahead]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:55 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Nope, happy to move to Nightfall.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:47 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

[OoC: g2g for me]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:12 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

(OOC - just participating in whatever chatter occurs and he'd like to extend an offer of healing with 2 cure light wounds to anybody who could benefit from them)

Jordek climbs down after finishing his nest and joins the fire. "If anyone could use some healing before we sleep speak up and I will see what I can do"

OOC - that's all, I'm good to jump forward if no healing is requested

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:30 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

The rest of the afternoon is spent in repose and contemplation. The group learns from the elves through bits and pieces that they have used this camp for several years, and that none of the tribe members suspected they would be breaking camp in the morning. The group senses an odd tension in the wild elves, as if there was still conflict in their minds about going, as was obviously the case for the two freed Sylvans… But perhaps more will be revealed with the telling of prophecy.

Jordek offers healing to anyone in need, but the only one around who is still injured is Arac, and all but the smallest of his wounds was healed by the mystical waters from the glade this morning. Hammart, however, begins to ask the forest gnome general questions about his religion. [How does Jordek respond? Slight retcon, can be in your private thread or here; either way.]

Darkness begins to fall, and the fire is built up with deadwood. That which is not used is scattered among the trees in a natural way. The blaze fills the deep fire-pit, licking up to the level of the ground, making the mild evening air warm near the fire. Dozens of the wild elves gather about, ringing the center of camp; perhaps half-again as many as were seen when the party arrived. Indendien ushers the visitors into the circle as well. There is a restless energy about the camp, and several glance back towards the chief’s shelter. After a few moments, he emerges.

Akingwios steps out of his tent, decked in ceremonial garb. A deerskin hood bearing a pair of large antlers branching off in many small points tops his head. A long, sleeveless vest of pale hide hangs from his shoulders; marked by symbols and designs unfamiliar to the non-Sylvans. The garment leaves his chest and arms bare, and he carries a ceremonially carved spear with green tassels and a dull spearhead carved of stone. His exposed skin has been decorated with a bluish dye, tracing bands and spirals and odd symbols. Dark lines mark three rows on his forehead and beneath his eyes, but Akingwios’ demeanor is calm. The elves stir expectantly, and the small folk watch in quiet interest. Galegenoh shrinks back at the appearance, sheltering behind Nocturno, but peeking over the High Elf’s shoulder to watch.

Akingwios looks out over those assembled, taking in each face before beginning. Centuries ago, longer than any who still walk the forest today can remember, the gods gave us a sign. He pauses a few seconds before continuing. That sign was in the form of two children. They were born in the deepest wilds to a small tribe of our nation, and their coming heralded great fortune for us. For among our people, hair of fire and eyes of ice are rare and taken as an omen of good luck; as is the birth of twins. He said, seemingly for the benefit of the non-elves. They rose quickly to positions of leadership: One bold, clever and tenacious; one cautious, wise and inspired. Before long, they came to lead our nation; the perfect compliments of each other, they were marked and named Ála’ Nishʼnáájígo and Ála’ Nishtł’ajígo… the Right Hand and the Left Hand. The speech pauses momentarily as he scans the group again.

Ála’ Nishtł’ajígo was blessed with the gift of Prophecy. I will now tell you his dream. The chief takes a small measure of powder from a pouch at his side and casts it over the flames. The dust settles onto the fire, causing a constant, narrow plume of grey smoke to rise high into the air. The smoky tendril shifts and dances in the night, but continues to stream upward from the fire. Akingwios’ head tilts back, casting a garish light from the fire in strange shadows along his face. The elf spreads his arms wide, the spear tip hovering just barely touching the edge of the smoke. His eyes roll back and his voice takes on an odd quality; almost as if another were speaking through him. The voice is lighter in pitch, and of a more sonorous quality; but otherwise little different. I see in the West a rising tide of darkness… and I know without knowing how that it is the past that I am viewing. The darkness boils up from a great wound in the earth, a scar from ages long past. Many throw their lives against the darkness, but all in vain… Some become corrupted by it, others slain, and still more turned against their will to serve it… The column of smoke thickens and darkens to jet black, seemingly pulling in all light around it.

A Star the color of honey shines, brighter than the day, and the darkness recedes. The star is shattered and pieces of it fall across the forest. A light emerges in the smoke just as described, and the stream pales back to natural grey before the light splits and scatters into the sky. Generations pass, and each of the shards of light are found, or hidden, or lost… A darkness stirs again, and I know now that I see the future. Again the column of smoke darkens. The seed of the old hatred swells, seeking to enslave all… to rule the forest and beyond… I see now what might be… a wood twisted by evil and hatred, spawn of our enemies trampling nature and the broken bodies of our kin. If this force is not stopped while it is small… while it can still be stopped… I fear an end to our people.

Slowly the column of smoke thins, trailing away into the canopy. The speaker’s voice returns to that of the chief, and his eyes and arms relax. There is but one way to survive. Akingwios says. The scattered pieces of light must be gathered… only then may the world stand a chance. Ála’ Nishtł’ajígo has charged us not to confront this force until all of the parts can be found. To do so will draw its focus, and perhaps doom us all. The elf watches those assembled, seemingly waiting for some reaction.

===
The implication is that the Left Hand entered ‘true sleep’ and had the dream.
Nocturno and Jordek would know that elves can enter ‘true sleep’ if they wish, and that some claim to have the hint of prophecy in their dreams when they do so. Having a truly prophetic dream like Akingwios is talking about, however, would be exceedingly rare. Katten would know that elves don’t need to sleep, but not necessarily about prophetic dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:35 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Katten listens with interest, her hands clenching tighter as she hears the whole tale, when he finally finishes her growl is barely suppressed.

"Nisserrr seek to destroy, they and darker things. We have to stop them." Rising to stand she bows to Akingwios, "Pieces of the light?" She nods slowly, "Nisserrr look for something hidden, it is safe, they do not have it." She grins, her teeth showing, "The camps are set up in different places, if one found a piece, perhaps others will?" Rubbing her furry chin she regards the small group.

"I go to free prisoners from camps, me think each camp is for pieces of this light. We cannot let them have it." Rather confidently she withdraws the funny sword from beside her Long Sword. "Akingwios, this was found in the camp, we were wondering if it meant anything?"

(Anyone else would have commented that someone greater than them should stop the rising darkness, its her forest, she cares utterly.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:26 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Nocturno will watch quietly. Hearing of these types of rituals but never witnessing.

At the end he will commit to the quest in his mind, but knowing he should inform the council of his findings.

"Well that was interesting and enlightening." He will stick around to hear anything about the sword.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:56 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

Jordek looks to Hammart with surprise and delight and a little self confusion over how to describe his particular relationship with his god. " I serve Baervan Wildwanderer as a priest of sorts for um... the wilderness and squirrels and nature... stuff... I have a holy symbol and everything so it's real OK. And Chitt here is my friend and I think he might be from the Wildwanderer or maybe he is a normal squirrel, I'm not sure... but Hey! want to see something neat!? Of course you do!"
Jordek turns away from Hammart and casts clone attuned animal and spins around with a flourish, Chitt perched in his usual position on Jordek's head, but accompanied by two identical squirrels, one to each hand. Jordek stands in an outlandish pose waiting for Hammarts response.

After witnessing the display put on by Akingwios and hearing the serious remarks of Katten and sombre tone of Nocturno, Jordek animatedly pipes up "come now people! Show a little appreciation for technique. That smoke was amazing! Here is a true storyteller! Sure the prophecy was a bit of a mood killer but WOW! what a delivery!!"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:24 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Arac snaps out of his stupor when Katten mentions the piece found. Hey, that’s right! They had us searching everywhere for that thing… I found it, and hid it from them. The rest of the group that raided the goblin outpost has it. The chief goblin wanted it because he had another piece in his main stronghold! He grins at Katten and the assembled elves, but then his countenance falls. But they’ve got dozens of Worgs there… he says defeatedly, looking to Indendien. That’s what you said right? Dozens? the Sylvan woman nods, grimly.

These words were given as a caution to our people, not to draw the darkness down on our nation. I know some of you wish to stay… He looks sadly to Indendien and Dillosel, and I cannot stop you. Each must choose their own path. Perhaps these pieces you speak of are the same, perhaps not. Until all parts of the shattered star can be gathered, we cannot move against the coming darkness as one. My duty is to protect my people, and I must. I would caution you with these goblins, ranger. I know your distaste for them burns the soul, but you are not yet ready to face their chieftain. Indiendien has told me some of what awaits. Practice caution, and prepare yourself. Heedless is the leopard cub that stumbles blindly into the bear’s den.

Katten produces the bone Khopesh, and Akingwios makes a small motion with his hand. One of the other elven men steps forward to inspect the weapon. This is the sword of a druid… he says for all to hear. Pointing to some of the carvings along the handle, These marks show that he was of the Kawalik tribe, another tribe of our nation. he explains to Katten. The Kawalik will be grateful to know what happened to him. He says, the question to the ranger obvious.

Aside, Hammart seems intrigued by Jordek’s chosen path. Baervan, huh? That makes sense. I’m kind of the outdoors type too. He grins at Jordek’s assertion that it’s a real religion and nods. The Halfling watches with a lopsided grin as the gnome rambles on, but his eyes go wide when Chitt splits into two! Holy cat-tails, that’s incredible! he says quietly so as not to disturb the others. That doesn’t hurt him or anything? How many times can he do that? he asks in keen interest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:52 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

At Hammarts comments Jordek looks at Chitt fondly, "yeah he is pretty incredible. I don't think it hurts him any, at least he hasn't ever told me it hurts, and believe me he'd tell me." He looks at Hammart sideways "between you and me... he is a huge gossip, he natters on as much as a whole village! I never get lonely with Chitt around. It seems we can only do this once a day though it feels like there are are more of them in there if we only knew how to get them out. Oh well, more practice means more tag games!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:22 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"I listen to the warning, and heed it and your advice." Katten replies bowing slowly, her hands grasping Indendien and Dillosel in reassurance, "Wise is the Cub who weakens the enemy, sever the hands and the body is vunerable." She responds, "The map shows other camps, we strike at those, and arm ourselves with infomation."

"Then the blade must go to them." She ponders that thought a moment, "Someone will be looking for the fallen, all should know the fate of one they love. And perhaps this will be motivation to aid us in the fight." Replacing the blade with her own she steps back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:57 am 
Viscount
Viscount

[Do we know where that tribe is]

He will listen intently to Jordek after he sees the squirrel clone itself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:37 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

[The group does not know where the Kawalik tribe is, but all tribes move around somewhat. Akingwios will take care of it ;) ]

Hammart chuckles at Jordek’s remark about Chitt, while Nocturno looks on. He looks at the small squirrel and begins to chatter and chirp and whistle. Chitt’s tiny ears perk up immediately, and he chitters back to the Halfling. Jordek can tell that the communication is rather basic in complexity and subject. Apparently Hammart asked if Chitt had a nice harvest this spring with all the rain!

Akingwios honors Katten with a small bow as well. Any blow against evil does honor to you and to our people, ranger. I thank you for acting where others may not. He says quietly sincere. There is a small stir in the group and he gestures again to the elven man with the Khopesh, but speaks to Katten. We will take this to the Kawalik if you have no further need of it. We will likely pass one of their camps in our journey. They will wish to know what has become of the Druid. He says, obviously implying in his tone that he too would like any further information they could provide in that regard.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:45 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Arac, what would you know of the man who carried this, be would be Elven." She asks as she turns to him. "Please take it to them, he might be dead." She sighs, "But he will be avenged."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Advanced search