Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:47 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Hearing that will be taken care of, Nocturno will slowly make his way back to his accommodations.

As he leaves. "I will take my rest now. Does anyone have any wounds that need binding? I had no need to expend my healing magic for today."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:43 am 
Prince
Prince

Arac looks at the Felis a little confused at first, Wha... oh... no I don't know anything about him really... we never saw a druid when we were there, it must have been before they brought us over... The elven man bows as he accepts the weapon from Katten, We will be sure to return it to his tribe.

Hammart chuckles at Jordek's banter. More, you say? That'll be quite a trick! And as for gossip, I've yet to meet a squirrel who wasn't at least a little bit of a gossip. he jokes.

Nocturno announces his readiness for bed, and offers healing, but there seem to be no takers for now. Indendien lays a hand on his arm to forestall him. Are you not planning to partake in the feast? She asks.

A moment later Akingwios raises his hands again to still the other talk. In honor and thanks for the return of my daughter, Dillosel, tonight we shall have a feast! As he says the words, more wood elves come from the woods at the edge of camp carrying various game prepared for roasting. A large stag is brought in, trussed upon a pole, a cluster of skinned rabbits carried by the feet come next, and a wild boar. There are also plenty of greens, fruits, nuts and other roughage brought forth, as well as honeycomb and a flatbread made of corn. Other elves begin to bring forth jars and skins of drink.

Be wary of the wine, Indendien says to the group. Some of it is feywine and has a profound effect on those not of Elven blood. We have mead and other wines as well, but be sure of what you have before you drink.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:42 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"I ask because you seem like smart man." She replies showing no embarrasement, "I still think you are." With that she takes a seat on the ground, legs crossed.

"Feywine strong, you loose feeling. You loose days." Katten grins her toothy grin and sips only water, closing her eyes she gives a silent prayer. "Forest, thank you for the gift you have given us." she opens her eyes once more and eats when the food is ready.

Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:02 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Blushing slightly.

"Of course! Such a few days has left me a bit muddled."

He wait near the rest of the travellers. He will even translate for the human if needed for etiquette's sake.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

While Jordek is visibly surprised at Hammarts questioning of Chitt, he quickly starts to question the halfling excitedly. "You speak squirrel too? do you serve one of the forest gods as well? how did you learn? it was pretty basic but very clear!" with a cock of his head "can you talk with any other animals?"

At the mention of feywine Jordek perks up a bit and notes to himself to try and squirrel a bit away for later if he can, he knows it can come in handy in certain circumstances when you might need someone out of the way but not in a permanent way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:03 am 
Prince
Prince

The food is set to cook; rabbits on small steaks leaned out over the fire, the stag and boar on makeshift spits over the flames, and the corn laid in the edge of the pit itself to roast whole, still in the husk. Soon the scents and sounds of food fill the air as the roughage and greens are offered about to tide hunger over for a moment.

Arac blushes a little at the Ranger’s praise, Oh, hey Fiz had been around longer… uh… he might know something… Fizford, standing not far away, turns at the mention of his name. Hmm? Me? No, I don’t know anything… unless… Well, there was this one odd thing… right after I was moved to the outpost they had me and some others cleaning up what they called the Arena… It was a filthy room full of cruddy weapons and bloody straw… Zag’rek used to have goblins fight animals there or each other to settle disputes he didn’t have any stake in. the Gnome shivers, visibly unnerved by the memories. Never saw an elf fight there, but right when I was moved like I was saying, they had me clean up a lot of blood and stuff… Kak had this big nasty wound on his head and that Khopesh was there all covered in blood… He stares into the fire, speaking quietly at the last

Drinks are passed around in skins, everyone drinking after each other without concern. It quickly becomes apparent that the Feywine is kept quite closely amongst the elves, and is easily identifiable by the pale doe-hide skins with swirling white and yellow patterns painted on them. Dillosel, Indendien and the male elf identified as Dillosel’s brother serve the guests first from the choicest cuts as thanks. After the guests of honor are seen too, everyone else moves to the food in no particular order, cutting a piece or two here from wherever they may; with plenty left for all. Indendien shows the newcomers how to shuck the corn by grasping the hairy strands atop and peeling the husk away in one clean motion; dragging the silks away with it. The golden corn glistens, half-steamed in the husk half-roasted by the fire. The aromas of roasted meat and corn fill the air mingling with the scent of drink.

Nocturno takes a place near the rest of the travelers, prepared to help the humans keep from getting completely lost. Elden and Galegenoh both seem to understand everything being said easily enough, but the tribal reacts to everything with an almost excruciating meekness. He does, however, give the high elf a thankful nod; appearing far more comfortable around he and the halflings than the Wild Ones. Indendien sits next to Nocturno, Dillosel across the way with her brother; somewhat unaffected by the feast doings. Have you ever tried Feywine, Sun Brother? Indendien asks, taking a sip from one of the flasks before offering it to the cleric.

Hammart and Jordek continue their conversation. Hahahaaa, no I don’t serve the forest gods… he laughs, wiping a small tear of humor from his eye. Or… well perhaps I do! he chuckles again, but not perhaps in the way you mean. I’m a Whistler. he says with a wide grin. I whistle to help the crops grow, and I can chitter-and-chatter or whistle-and-twitter to talk to birds and squirrels and mice and things. he grins even wider, if such a thing were possible. Why I could even whistle up a storm if I really had to. He laughs. I can’t get too complex talking to animals, but I can get a point across… that young squirrel there, he nods at Chitt, he’s somethin’ special, I think… never even heard of the like of him!

---
If Jordek wants to try to sneak away some feywine, he’ll have to go about it in a roguish way… or convince one of the elves (like Nocturno or Indendien) to give him some unnoticed. Of course if they refuse, asking would alert them to his intentions. He can see 6 skins of the stuff being passed around or closely guarded by the elves so he might be able to sneak up and pour some into a separate container if he wants to try :D

Whistlers are a Halfling Bard Kit. Jordek has probably heard tale of them in passing, but may never have expected to meet one. They’re very outdoorsy and in tune with their natural environment. They love forest animals and plants of all types, and they focus mainly on tending gardens and crops with their music or entertaining. They are also notorious wanderers ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:20 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"I have not. But I have heard of the effects." He will hold the skin while saying this. He will take a small taste at first to test. Then a bit longer pull.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:34 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"I thank you both. He die fighting, his tribe will be happy." She speaks slowly considering the words, "Honor is restored." Katten eats little, all but refusing the Fey wine she sips water and chews on a little rabbit, noticing the others are separate she excuses herself to Arac and Fiz and steps over to Dillosel.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:48 am 
Prince
Prince

Nocturno tests the feywine, which is light and sweet like nectar and honey. A warm feel comes over him and it's as if a burden has lifted from him he had no idea he was carrying. Indendien smiles and takes a bite of rabbit. You approve? she asks with a grin and a small giggle.

Meanwhile, Katten thanks and leaves the others, circling the fire to reach Dillosel and her brother where she speaks quietly to the female elf. Dran, awakened by the smells of roasting meat, comes padding out from his shelter. His tongue lols out hungrily as he begins searching for an untended morsel to snatch. One of the male elves grins and points out the young wolf to his friends. Lobbing a half-eaten rabbit in a high arc, he laughs loudly as the adolescent pup snatches it deftly out of the air! Dran's tail wags in wide sweeps as he trots over near Katten to munch happily on his prize.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:58 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"Yes, yes I think I do." he will actually grin a bit. The look on his face will lighten a bit also.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:40 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

Seeing the feywine kept closely among the elves Jordek will let the thought of "acquiring" some of the feywine slip away without any real regrets. Upon hearing that Hammart is a Whistler he is suitably impressed "So you know quite a bit about plants then yes? I don't know much about the greens that I use to make my teas and that has lead to some .... shall we say ... uncomfortable experiences. Any chance you might be able to give me some pointers on what to avoid?? and maybe why??"
If Hammart is willing to forgo some serious feasting to impart a little education on a poor little forest gnome Jordek will be subdued and pay as much attention as he is able. If the call to feast is tugging to strongly at Hammart though, Jordek will instead feast hard and with wild abandon. There are a lot of lost years to make up for!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:43 am 
Prince
Prince

Oh, sure! Yeah, i can point out a few 'interesting' blends too. he grins widely. For those times you want to get only a little ummm... adjusted. He takes a swig of his drink. Best way to learn is to see em, though. I can descrive a few tonight, but on the trail tomorrow i can point out any we spot and you'll be able to see em. The halfling says.

Katten continues to sit with Dillosel and her brother, comforting the elf.

Indendien chuckles again, taking another small drink of it before offering it again It is a right among our people, signaling passage into adulthood; though I know it is not the Fair one's way.. There are three things we typically . I know you have fought, have you ever hunted?

====
did anyone have anything else they wanted to do tonight?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:52 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"As a child I stalked rodents. When I grew I was part of the guard. My main sustenance was provided to me. I have never had a reason for a real hunt."

[OoC: Im good.]

Last edited by Nocturno on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:54 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Katten is going hunting. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:00 pm 
Prince
Prince

Rodents? Indendien chuckles, Well, if you're a soldier I suppose hunting the enemy counts. she says, grinning at him past her wrist on her chin.

Across the way Katten speaks quietly with Dillosel. The elf nodding as the ranger speaks.

===
Alright, if no other bits for the party I'll move us on to morning here.

Jen, the patrol tonight with Katten will happen in your solo thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Advanced search