Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:36 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “Into The Wild” (Group A: Main Game Thre
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:15 am 
Count
Count

"That, that was an interesting night. Thank you for your hospitality." Nocturno will check his gear and be ready to set out.

"Whenever we are ready, I will bring up the rear."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:15 pm 
King
King

[wrote this out and my computer logged me out so I lost the whole thing… hopefully this is close enough, lol.]

The group says their goodbyes as Fiz thanks them and bids them a final farewell. Indendien takes the lead, guiding them through the woodland; somewhat less dense than the Fenris Forest. As the morning ages, the wild man begins to look more and more excited; taking in the surroundings with an ever-broadening smile. Gradually Nocturno too begins to recognize the terrain, having grown up not far away.

Hardly two hours into their trek, Indendien allows the group to catch up to her. We are very close now… perhaps it would be best for our friend to lead us in. We don’t want to scare them. she says with a smirk. Galegenoh nods emphatically, taking the lead he calls out in a clear voice; first in the native language of the human tribals, then in elven. Hello! Everyone, I have returned! Do not be afraid, but some of the Ageless ones are with me! He makes the final approach slowly, giving everyone time to hear.

The camp is crude by Elven standards, a series of pole-tents and huts of natural materials. Here and there can be seen human approximations of Elven technique; obviously learned by living in proximity to the fey. Twenty or so tribespeople ranging from the very young to the very old, at least by human standards, watch in surprise as Galegenoh enters the camp. Their eyes are soon drawn to the three demihumans and the strange man with the anvil strapped to his back. They mark the entrance with varying degrees of awe and shock; some staring blatantly, others doing their best not to gawk.

Each stands transfixed at the sight of the travelers, save one. A young girl of no more than ten bolts past the others, throwing her arms around Galegenoh’s waist and sobbing into his cave-dirtied clothes. He strokes her hair soothingly, a look of compassion and relief washing over his haggard face. He whispers words of comfort to the child in that odd human tongue.

Finally one of the others moves towards them; an obvious elder of the tribe. He speaks in fluent Elven carried by an even, respectful tone. He addresses the Elves and Gnome first; Ageless ones… Forest… Spirit… he hesitates over how to greet Elden, settling on Brother from Afar... We thank you for returning our tribesman to us. We know his life is like but the passing of a single summer to those who walk the ages untouched by time, but to us… his life is precious. We found goblin dead where he disappeared, and we feared the worst…

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:14 am 
Count
Count

"We found him held captive by a band of goblins. A band we have now found to be much larger than any one could expect a band of goblins to be." He will sigh.

"In the past I blamed your tribe for luring the goblins to our area, but I see now I was wrong. I am glad I am able to do some good by returning this man to your community." after another small sigh. "We are also headed to Misan to see if we can get some support to raid the larger collections of the goblin and their kin."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:22 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Jordek eyes up the elder seriously and breaks out a wide grin. "Don't let it trouble you, I like summers... they are interesting times!" Gesturing toward toward Nocturno he adds "from what I understand tall and dour over here is right about the goblins being a problem, though I wasn't in the caves myself to see just how bad it is. I trust the words from doom and gloom over here though."
Seeing the reaction their presence has inspired from the rest of the populace he raises his voice and without thinking belts out "Relax people, they're just elves, they shit in the woods just like everyone else...." With a wink in the elves direction he follows with "I know, I've seen 'em do it!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:48 am 
King
King

The old human bows his head respectfully at Nocturno's words, We thank you for your compassion, ageless one. We do all we can to avoid the goblins when able, and destroy them when not. Alas, despite our efforts, we have not yet learned to be one with the forest as you. Nor ever shall we. He blinks in surprise at the gnome's initial remark about the goblins. As you say, forest spirit...

Elder, Galegenoh says, turning back to the aged man. There were dozens of them, and I heard them speak of more lairs besides... We should prepare...

We would rejoice at the resolution of this threat, if the Ageless see fit to become involved. If not, we will endure as we are able.
Indindien glances at Nocturno, visibly uncomfortable and unused to quite this level of deference from humans.

Jordek's next comment about the 'necessary' habits of all living things draws much more of a reaction. Practically the entire camp gasps aloud, looking back and forth between each other in shock, or staring at the gnome outright! Galegenoh, however, cannot contain himself and laughs uproariously! A few turn their shocked gazes on him, now. Wiping a tear, the wild man calms the others. Mischievous Forest Spirits, Elder... what else would you expect? He says, still grinning.

Indindien grins from ear to ear at the exchange and shrugs, Where else? The remarks seem to ease the tension in the humans, though their faces are still plastered with varying degrees of shock. I too was captured. I spent half a moon with Galegenoh. He proved himself to be an honorable and determined man. I would not have expected to come to appreciate a human so, but he has taught me something I did not expect to see from your kind.

The wild man blushes, ducking his head slightly at the praise.

Indindien raises a hand in respect to Galegenoh, much the same way Akingwios greeted them all outside of the Sylvan camp. If you have need of aid, wild brother, send word and I will come. She says. For now, I think, the High One here is eager to be home. She turns to Nocturno, Whenever you are ready, sun brother.

[SquirrelLord... dude... that literally made me bust out laughing!]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:58 am 
Count
Count

"Yes, uh. Let's be on our way. Oh wait one moment."

Nocturno will produce the symbol.

"I found this in one of the packages I assume your tribe assembles."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 am 
King
King

The old man nods, We heard whispers that one of the Ageless sought to help us. One who walks the forest like the Wild Souls, he nods in Indendien's direction, But was born of the High Ones. The offering was for any that might aid us. The symbol was found on one of the dead goblins where Galegenoh disappeared. We know only that it was a trinket of theirs, but hoped it might be of some use... Can you tell us what it means?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:50 am 
Count
Count

"I've been told that it is a symbol of one of their gods." with a slight pause "Ok, thank you for letting me know. We should be on our way."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:07 pm 
King
King

The old man seems disturbed at the news. The quartet say their goodbyes and head back into the woods, Galegenoh bidding them an emotional farewell with offers to aid in anything they might need in the future.

A small distance from the camp, Indendien catches the Elf's attention. I... do not make a habit of visiting the High Ones... Though I am sure I could find your home, perhaps it is best if you lead the way. Nocturno realizes that the group he is bringing might make quite an impression on Misan...

[any particular way you ant to approach the community I can put some additional details on Misan in your private info later tonight as well]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:59 am 
Count
Count

"Yes, that is a good idea." He will take point, making sure the group stays fairly close together, so any sentries won't think the group is stalking him.

"Stay close, no need for scouting here, our Sentries will pick us up soon enough."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:48 am 
Count
Count

He will lead them to approach the closest guard post tree from the direction they are coming from.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:17 pm 
King
King

Nocturno leads the way comfortably through the forest to his home. To the others, even the Sylvan, it appears much like any stretch of forest might, though perhaps one of much larger trees; some of which wider than any six elves could encircle with joined hands. Glancing up, the thick of the trees quickly cuts visibility shy of the canopy.. and for good reason.

Approaching one of the wide guard-trees, he knocks on the bark gently in a particular manner. A section of the trunk swings outward like a door, revealing an inner section that is hollow but still very much alive and in good health. A well of stairs no wider than 1 foot leads spiraling up and up and up; tiny landings only 2 feet wide appearing after a height of 60 feet or so. Here and there the passage is dotted with fungi that thrive in lightless places. They quiver periodically like sentient things, and he knew well that if they were disturbed a powerful sleep spore would release, perhaps tumbling any unsuspecting intruders into the long drop below. There were other protections as well, less gentle, but used only in emergency

Eventually he reaches a section where there is a ledge but no opening, knocking again, he hears one of the guards speak through a tiny knothole from outside. Giving the passphrase, Nocturno watches as yet another panel opens... to Misan...

The sunny day's light filtered through a cascade of greens and browns from the canopy above. Fresh, cool air circulated through the community, whispering softly through branches and leaves. A single guard greets him, armed with long bow and sword, though he knew there were many more about unseen. Welcome home, cousin. The familiar elf says. Perhaps a 2nd or 3rd cousin, Feryllian Moonbough. Interesting company you've brought us. He grins. Your mother has been asking about you... discretely of course. The grin widens.

High overhead he heard a rustling that must be one of the great owls that protected the community. From this height he could finally see the veins of the town itself; living vine-bridges strung with ivy and honeysuckle and other flowering vines of finer stalk.

[Nocturno obviously knows the place intimately, so anything you want to explore as a player is on the table. They are currently at the northeastern most guard tree. The H on your map is Nocturno's home.]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:33 pm 
Count
Count

"It is good to be home, but I fear not for long. Ah mother always worrying... It is so much of a relief to see home again."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:39 pm 
King
King

[Squirrel-man still with us?]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:38 pm 
Count
Count

Ill poke him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Advanced search