Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:21 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:04 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

"Healing? None! I was hoping you did... My skills are just about tapped as well for the moment. I can certinly help keep him from bleeding as you work.on him. Where do you want me to apply pressue?"

OOC: That second orc beat feet as well? Smartest play with Van yet!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:11 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

"Here and here," replies Eariel.

======
@Tristen - Is Eariel aware of any healing capability, including potions, within the currently conscious members of the group?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:49 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

[Eariel is not aware of anyone present with healing ability aside from the drow. The only supplies they had were the mana water skins, but those have become normal water close to a day ago]

The pair bind Linar's wounds more approrpriately.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:10 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

"These pair are too heavy to move far," observes the half elf. "Unless you have a better idea, with gather the people, set a low fire, set watches and camp til the morning. Maybe, just maybe one of this pair will wake up."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:12 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

"Sounds good. Let's set these orc heads on spikes as a warning... Maybe those two brutes will come back. If not, any group returning after we leave may see that as warning."

Van will relax a bit and prep for a camp out this evening.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

"Never mind relaxing, you can do that later. Great job with the spell, but there's a camp to fix. Firewood for a whole night does not gather itself. So let's get your useful backside into useful action, yes?" prompts the 'no-shit' soldier.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:48 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

Van looks about, "You talking to me? I am fixing camp. I like to ease my mind with a meditation before I set to tasks- which I can do while being of use. While it may look like 'relaxing' to some, I assure you, I am very aware of our situation."

Van will use a dagger to remove a head from an orc. He moves to do the same with the others. "I'll just set these in a perimeter while looking for some wood for a small fire." The High Elf will head toward the last direction the orcs left by and set the head upon a limb for display.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:02 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

[Eariel might recall that there are two soldiers under her command, Hew and Tag, currently guarding all the survivors from the cave back on the road... and that she is speaking to one of the people who rescued her from the goblins...]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:44 am 
Marquis
Marquis

"Sorry I mis-spoke. I was confusing your meditation with inaction and was struggling to work out the best chances of keeping your downed companions safe. We are grateful, all of us, for our rescue by you and your other brave companions," adds the town soldier.

======
@Sol - trying to mend a fence here. No offense intended.
@Tristen - Thanks for the fill-in. How far from the cave are we? And is the minotaur dragable?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:31 am 
Freeman
Freeman

"Pay it no mind- let's continue our work." As they set up a quick camp and fire for the night, Van will ask the soldier, "I didn't know Orcs were active in this part of the world- where do you suppose their main camp is? Surely this was just a small part of some larger whole...."

Van will give unconscious some water and just a few bits of rations down their throats. Anything to help.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:06 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

[Chris: If you mean the goblin cave, it is about 2 days away. There has not been a cave found here. Eariel knows the party is currently about 2 miles from Bordertown, her hometown and one of, if not the, most secure cities in the entire province. The Minotaur could probably be dragged on a litter by several people cooperating. One could be made for Linar as well.]

Corporal Hew's voice calls out from the road, Sargent? What's going on, Ma'am?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

"Corporal, the minotaur and the drow are down. We're about two miles out from home. Bring up the rest of the group and we'll make a litter for these two," replies Eariel.

She turns to Van, "Not usually this close to Bordertown but as you know the forest is huge and they wander from time to time. This lot were clearly on the lookout for easy pickings. Looking for slaves I'd presume, based on the drow still being alive. There's probably more to this than meets the eye, but then, I'm but a humble soldier." She smiles at Van as if to say regardless of how humble, she's not bad at soldiering.

======
Thanks Tristen, I thought we were still a long way off and got thrown when I misread your nudge post - I'd read it as "... guarding all the survivors in the cave back on the road..."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:24 am 
Freeman
Freeman

"You would know more about that than I, soldier- I'm one for the comforts of the cities. I'm keen to agree with you that there is more to this. Let's get our friends ready for movement..."

Van will move to help pick and sort appropriate braches for the quick construction of a litter for Gar and Lin.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:44 am 
Marquis
Marquis

Eariel nods at Van and directs efforts to get the litterwork done while keeping the others rescued safe, employing some of them to watch outwards.

"Anyone heard from the mounted fellow?" she asks.

======
@Tristen - happy if you want to nudge us on a little.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Hew calls the others forward and has some of the more able-bodied survivors work on cutting materials for a litter as he and Van direct. The hide armor from the orcs makes a suitable canvasing, while their battle axes are ideal for cutting the long poles from saplings needed to drag the thing.

Hew directs the efforts while Tag compiles some of the gear. He also directs the less physically capable survivors to keep watch. The guardsmen take up an axe and shield each, much more prepared than before. There is also some coinage found amongst the orcs.

I haven't seen him since he took off to come here... Turning to Van, he asks, Where did he go?

===
Hew and Tag each take a shield and a battle axe

there are 6 battle axes, 3 shields and 3 longbows.
24 copper and 18 silver pieces are found as well

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Advanced search