Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:03 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 155
OOC: Oooo Sorry! I missed that post! Getting current now

_________________
Low rolls make things more interesting!


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Sorry for the delays. Real life has been a bit... unstable lately.]

The ranger and drow scout ahead a bit, ensuring the group is safe. Garroth's nose doesn't detect any orkin or trollish scents; simply the smells of the forest and natural creatures. The group finishes their meal and rest without event. Well, once we get back safe I'll personally buy all of your drinks at The Cellar. It's a tavern in the Farmer's Ward. The group prepares to depart.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:07 pm 
Offline
Count
Count

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 4284
Linar nods and moves to takes his accustomed position on right flank.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 am 
Offline
Peddler
Peddler
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:41 am
Posts: 239
Ooc: Hp back for a night's rest?

_________________
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 am 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 155
OOC: Hey! I posted a few days ago and it didn't make it to the thread!

Van wanted to know about Boardertown. (Does he have knowledge of the place? How large of a city is it?)

_________________
Low rolls make things more interesting!


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Sol Mazer wrote:
OOC: Hey! I posted a few days ago and it didn't make it to the thread!

Van wanted to know about Boardertown. (Does he have knowledge of the place? How large of a city is it?)


[I moved your post to the Out of Character thread and answered it there, because there was no in-character content to the post and the answer was long]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:53 am 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 1988
Location:
Long Island, NY
"Drinks sounds like a good thing. I expect we will be wanting them after all the questions we will have to answer when we arrive," Boyd says, his tone less than happy in anticipation.

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:01 am 
Offline
Peddler
Peddler
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:41 am
Posts: 239
Garroth is a little apprehensive about Bordertown.. his own people were fine, he had grown up with them and there was grudging acceptance, but generally minotaurs were viewed poorly by civilised folk, and for good reason.

"I'm a little concerned Boyd.. I'm not sure I will be acccepted.. these people here know my intentions and nature, but my kind is typically barbaric and savage.. "

_________________
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:59 am 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 155
"Perhaps we play up on the savior aspect. We did free these people wit your help- some may even argue your leadership. Do aid in the introduction, we should all be as presentable as possible. A cantrip or two should do the trick- just smetbng to get tje road grime off."

What's our ETA to Boardertown?

_________________
Low rolls make things more interesting!


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Ausie: The daily hp regained for an night's rest happened this morning (the june 26 post) resting for lunch isn't long enough to recover hp]


It’s the least I can do, honestly. Eariel replies to Boyd, But don’t worry about questions too much. The Guard and the Lord will want to know what happened with the ambush and the goblin holdings I’m sure. They’ll probably have quite a lot of questions for those of us who were captured, but I doubt they’ll trouble your group with too much. And this map Nocturno copied, she pats the place she has stowed the parchment. Should give them more than enough to find the place. She thinks for a moment, I’ll be vouching for all of you, of course, so I don’t expect any trouble but obviously it might be best to ‘lose’ the bags those coins were in before we get there.

The group continues southward, and mid-day turns to mid afternoon. The scouts are another 4 miles out from town.


====
If all goes well the party will arrive in Bordertown around sundown. Each cleaning cantrip can cover 1 person.

That said, Can I get an Observation check from Linar, a Scent check from Garroth, and Int checks from Van and Boyd please?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 1988
Location:
Long Island, NY
[OOC] Well, if the idea was to roll high, I've been successful. But it's not. [/OOC]
Int Chk: [1d20] = 20

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
Freeman
Freeman
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 155
Tied ya!! Van must be humming the latest bardic hit.

Int Check (16): [1d20] = 20

"Two drunks and a fox.... Hmmmmm..... She could not be tamed! Hhhmmmm-hmmm-mmmmm .... Put your tithe in the box! The gods can't be blamed!!"

_________________
Low rolls make things more interesting!


Last edited by Sol Mazer on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:17 am 
Offline
Peddler
Peddler
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:41 am
Posts: 239
Ooc: Here goes nothing .. well waddaya know.. doesn't get any better...


Scent check [1d20] = 1

_________________
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:22 am 
Offline
Peddler
Peddler
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:41 am
Posts: 239
Garroth let's out a "ca-caw" of warning.. the northern crested Raven.. the signal for caution, as he goes into a low, stealthy vector close enough to the road so hecan see Linar, Van & Boyd.

_________________
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 2: “The Edge and Back” (Group B: Main Game
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:42 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6455
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Garroth: Scent rolls should be percentile, but we can call that 0-5%. ]

The wind shifts slightly for a moment and Garroth detects a detestable but familiar scent from the woods far ahead...
Orcs.

From what he can tell, there are at least a half-dozen and they seem to be more than 300 yards away.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group