Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 4352
Nocturno follows as quietly as he can.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:50 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6050
The pointing goblin get an arrow as Linar then falls back roughly 50' (or so) SE so as to keep one of southernmost pair of goblins in view and stopping about 10' NW of Katten's group.
The 'kept in view' goblin then gets an arrow.

======
@Tristan - I think there are stacked up arrow shots for Linar so perhaps we should use those up?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:04 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 4352
As soon as the arrow is loosed, Elden will rush around the corner.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 356
And thus the gnome of destruction was triggered!!

Jordek carefully places the burning torch on the ground taking care to ensure the flame is still burning and with an internal Gahh! at the human taking off, sneaks toward Indendien (ideally staying as close to the wall in the middle of the cavern)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8041
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Chris: Go ahead and make new rolls. those rolls have been hanging there for quite a while now. usually i only transfer rolls like that when in continuous combat where it is expected to attack nearly every round. otherwise it becomes too easy to predict the result of your next attack when doing other things; which goes against the spirit of play in my opinion. I'll make the update post once i have the attack roll]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6050
Here they are (elven shoot/half-move/shoot):
LB THAC019 dam [1d20] = 18,[1d8] = 7,[1d20] = 15,[1d8] = 6


Last edited by Chris1234 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 4352
OoC:
Is Elden going to get to swing at anything? He was pretty fat away.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:23 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8041
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[Surprise round]
Linar fires at the goblin, striking him squarely in the chest, and dropping him. The drow quicky begins to retreat back towards Kattens group.

Elden, excited by the possibility of combat, rushes off into the dark. he follows the wall towards the potential opponents, unable to see the retreating Drow. Dellinanth hisses at the human as he goes past, Linar is falling back. Dellinanth prepares to fire on any goblins that begin pursuit, or approach Elden.

Jordek gingerly lays down his torch and moves to the nearby wall, attempting to hide himself in the dark.

Meanwhile, Katten returns to her group and begins to lead them southward… that is until they notice Linar approaching. He stops just shy of their group and fires an arrow off into the dark to the northwest!

[Actions and initiative please! Elden will get his chance. Unfortunately when he left the torchlight he couldn’t see so he is kind of in the entrance to a large room in the dark. You can make some attacks for him now though ^_^ ]
====

Linar fires his Longbow at G10 (+2 piercing vs Hide)
Thac0 19 vs AC 6 (+2): Need 11 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 18, hit!
[1d8] = 7 damage
G10 Dies!

Linar moves 50 feet to the Southeast (towards Katten’s group) and holds for another shot

Elden moves West 50 feet through the dark (using the wall as a reference) to the large room but cannot see any target.

Jordek lays the torch down and moves southwest 25 feet and hides by the wall outside of the torchlight.

Katten begins to lead her group southward until they spot Linar moving towards them

Linar fires his Longbow at G15 (+2 piercing vs Hide)
Thac0 19 vs AC 6 (+2): Need 11 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 15, hit!
[1d8] = 6 damage
G15 Dies!


Attachments:
Screenshot_20181022-031119_Dungeon Sketch.jpg
Screenshot_20181022-031119_Dungeon Sketch.jpg [ 151.59 KiB | Viewed 994 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:41 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 4352
Nocturno: Initiative: [1d10] = 1


Nocturno will rush to cover the Drow drawing his long bow and arrows, suspicions and prejudices forgotten with the threat of battle.

"Which way, how many?

Elden holds but if he hears one of the little slobs he will intercept them as they come by the corner.

Initiative: [1d10] = 5
Unarmed, Manuver Table: [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 [1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5 [1d20-1] = 3-1 = 2 [1d20-1] = 19-1 = 18
=======================
Both misses I assume, even if they come close enough.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:04 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6050
Linar points NW and says quietly, "NW, four still up."
Moving as necessary, he casts 1.Dancing Lights in an appropriate place (most likely slightly behind the remaining goblins) to give those not possessed of infravision a chance to get involved.

======
Tristan - happy for you to use your discretion here -idea is to let other players have a go.

Init [1d10] = 10


Last edited by Chris1234 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:00 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10197
Location:
United Kingdom
“Go fight them, I go down, you tell them we have young ones, let our friends go.” Her small fists balled up as she holds her bow tightly, knowing she could take each one out gave her a warm feeling, the knowledge that she controlled her destiny.

“Dran with me.” She orders, still moving South West, allowing the battle to go on, creating a distraction.. the ends often justified the means, even if the results were bloody.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Getting a reputation)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Killing Nisserrr [Goblins])


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 356
Initiative: [1d10] = 4

Still mentally reeling from their first encounter and not to sure what kind of assistance he can provide in terms of hurting the goblins, Jordek will move toward where he saw Elden heading as long as he can remain hidden (preferably by a wall). With a quick mental review of his available spells, Jordek decides the best way to help is to keep hiding and be ready to lend a healing hand if needed.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:14 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8041
Location:
somewhere in the aether
[R2]

Jordek slips quietly through the dark to a nearby wall, scooting closer to where Elden stopped. The young man stands ready, waiting for any hint of a foe in the blackness.

Upon hearing the concise report from the Drow, Nocturno’s training kicks in and he quickly moves up to support where he can just make out one of the goblins at the limit of his infravision. His arrow flies through the dark, streaking past the waiting human, but ultimately missing its intended mark.

Unseen by any but Linar and Dellinanth, one of the goblins farther back rushes off to the North! A moment later those nearby hear the CLANG! CLANG! CLAAAAANG!!! of the makeshift alarm from the first room!!! Another of the goblins passes briefly into Nocturno’s field of view as it takes off farther into the cavern complex to the West! Dellinanth reacts quickly and chases it a few yards before loosing an arrow out of view of the others. He nods to himself as if satisfied at the result unseen by the others.

Drawing on the inherent power deep in his body, Linar calls upon the radiant magic of the Underdark to weave forth threads of light. Four glowing shapes appear in the area near where the goblins were first spotted, exposing an area of the larger chamber with flickering firelight! Elden and Jordek can see for the first time the new area and the few remaining goblins.

As the light breaks forth, the pair of newly illuminated goblins rush forward to assault the martial artist! Elden is ready, however, and strikes at the first to approach him. The blow goes wide, but serves to cow the creature into a half-hearted attack that never connects. The second goblin stabs so nervously that he manages to drop his poorly crafted spear!

Indendien moves up to support as well, and fires at one of the remaining goblins not in the melee. Her arrow sails past without connecting, and the emaciated little green humanoid runs off into the dark deeper into the cavern to the West. Another goblin, at first unnoticed by the group, squeezes out from one of the fissures in the wall from a hidden area!!! It moves right past Jordek without seeing him to stab Elden form behind with his spear! The human cries out in pain as the unexpected attack takes him unawares. Yet another goblin moves into the light from the area to the north!

More arrows fly and Elden fights back against his attackers, but the frenzy of the melee surrounding the human proves too much for any clear shots.


Meanwhile, hoping to find a quicker resolution to freeing the prisoners, Katten sets out Southward in search of where the young are kept; her own adopted cub Dran close at her side. She soon passes a small naturally formed area with no other exits off to one side. Discarded rags and other things imply this room was in use until recently, though maybe not in the last few hours.

The passage south widens into another natural cavern where more mundane things are strewn about haphazardly. A small makeshift rag-doll lies face-down on the dirty limestone floor. The scent of goblin here is thick but not terribly fresh… A passage leaves this new area to the West. Dran whimpers and glances back North towards the sounds of combat.

[Maps incoming]
[SQL, I’ll let you decide if you want Jordek to heal Elden or attack G16 at the end of the round since he was holding action]
[Actions Round 3 everyone?]
===
Init:
Jordek (4): 4
Elden (5): 5
Nocturno (1+7 bow): 8
G14: 8 (spear)
G19: 9 (mace)
Dellinanth (4+7 bow): 11
Linar (10+3 spell like ability): 13
G12: 13 (spear)
G13: 13 (spear)
Indendien (7+7 bow): 14
G16: 14 (mace)
G20: 15 (mace)
G11: 18 (mace)
Katten:
Dran:

Init Indendien, Dellinanth [1d10] = 7, [1d10] = 4

Jordek moves 15 feet West and hides against the wall near Elden.

Elden holds for an enemy.

Nocturno moves NorthWest 30 feet and fires his Longbow at G11 (+2 piercing vs Hide)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (+2): Need 10 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 6, miss!

G14 ???
An alarm sounds to the North!!!

G19 moves 60 feet West

Dellinanth moves 45 feet West and fires his Longbow at G19 (+2 piercing vs Hide)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (+2): Need 10 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 10, hit! (barely)
For [1d8] = 8 damage
G19 Dies!

Linar casts Dancing Lights near the goblins
Four balls of light begin to glow near the combat.

G12 moves 25 feet SouthEast to attack Elden!

Elden is ready!
Elden attacks G12 with martial arts
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 need 12+
[1d20] = 7, miss!

G12 stabs (-1 piercing vs std leather) at Elden (AC 6) with his spear
Thaco 20 vs AC6: (-1) need 15+
[1d20] = 13, miss!
G12 vs Elden [1d20] = 13, [1d6] = 6


G13 moves 30 feet SouthEast and stabs (-1 piercing vs std leather) at Elden (AC 6) with his spear
Thaco 20 vs AC6: (-1) need 15+
[1d20] = 1, miss! Possible Fumble!
Fumble Confirmation [1d20] = 18, Fumble Confirmed!
G13 vs Elden [1d20] = 11, [1d6] = 2
G13 Fumble Conf [1d20] = 18
G13 drops his spear!

Indendien moves NorthWest 35 feet and fires her Longbow at G20 (+2 piercing vs Hide)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (+2): Need 10 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 5, miss!


G16 moves SouthWest through the crack in the wall to approach Elden from behind!!!
G16 does not see Jordek!
G16 bashes at Elden (AC 6) with his mace from behind (+2 to hit)!
Thac0 20 vs AC 6 (+2): Need 12+
[1d20] = 18, hit!
For [1d6] = 5 damage!
Elden is Hurt Badly! [5/10] hps
G16 vs Elden [1d20] = 18, [1d6] = 5

G20 runs! 120 feet West and out of sight

G11 moves 30 feet SouthWest

Katten moves 75 feet South and finds a new area.
Dran follows Katten

Elden attacks G12 with martial arts a second time
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 need 12+
[1d20] = 4, miss!


Nocturno fires his Longbow a second time at G16 (+2 piercing vs Hide) in melee with Elden (-4 for one size category smaller)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (-2): Need 14 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 3, miss!

Dellinanth fires his Longbow a second time at G12 (+2 piercing vs Hide) in melee with Elden (-4 for one size category smaller)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (-2): Need 14 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 12, miss!

Indendien fires her Longbow a second time at G16 (+2 piercing vs Hide) in melee with Elden (-4 for one size category smaller)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (-2): Need 14 or higher to hit
[1d20] = 10, miss!
Attachment:
WetrockSub Alarm R2.jpg
WetrockSub Alarm R2.jpg [ 191.31 KiB | Viewed 941 times ]


Attachments:
WetrockSub Alarm R2-K.jpg
WetrockSub Alarm R2-K.jpg [ 119.78 KiB | Viewed 941 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 4352
Seeing Elden quickly becoming surrounded Nocturno will drop his bow by the drow and pull his longsword as he runs to the Human's side, hacking the southern most goblin.

Longsword(18): [1d20] = 17 [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6050
Reverting to his bow Linar tried to stick an arrow into the nearest engaged goblin, failing which the nearest engaged one.
He advance to the NE, creeping at he does so (MS 65%, HS 60%), trying to get a better line of sight for a shot against an unsuspecting green marauder.

======
LB THAC0 19 & dam [1d20] = 4, [1d8] = 1
LB THAC0 19 & dam [1d20] = 7, [1d8] = 4
Not even a barn door.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group