Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:10 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

"What is going on. Why is everyone headed everywhere."

Nocturno in a quiet smoldering rage he ties up Krok, non too gently.

=================================================

"I dunno, but I think we are on the right track. Look at all these greenskinned bastards."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:27 am 
King
King

After seeing the fanatical attack from one of Krok’s retinue, Linar executes the two remaining unconscious guards.

Jordek gently tries to comfort the cooperative goblin, inspecting his wounds carefully. The savage attack seems to have done little real damage, though the gouges and scrapes are long and jagged; likely to easily get infected without attention. Teeth marks from the attacker mar the neck, and if he had not been so quickly stopped it seems likely the guard would have killed the unfortunate one in moments.

With a constant shudder, the goblin stares wide-eyed at the forest Gnome. I no do nothin’… I not hurt slaves… I not hurt Scruff… I not hurt gnome or nobody… he attempts to clutch at the wild-haired priest’s clothing in supplication though his hands are bound; trying desperately to explain. Plees no kill-ee! I hurt nobody!

Linar states his intentions and moves off to inspect the cage-like door to the West. Nocturno roughly binds the still-unconscious Krok, who doesn’t stir in the least.

The Drow moves over to the door, spotting a few of the group’s errant arrows along the way. The ‘door’ for lack of a better term, is an unskilled amalgamation of bars, chain, wood and rusty farming tools cobbled together with wire and dried vines. It probably wouldn’t take someone with the right axe or hammer so much as a ten minutes to reduce it to trash. For chained slaves without tools, however, it would be nearly insurmountable; especially with guards watching.

Finding the cell door still slightly ajar from when the goblin reinforcements poured out of it, he moves inside. Instead of a small cell, he finds another large chamber. The stink of refuse and offal emanates from some of the corners, which obviously seem to have been used for privies. Piles of mildew straw lay about for beds, and a few randomly scattered items of no worth lie about. Another makeshift door lies to the East as a secondary entrance; obviously the same as the ‘other cage’ he saw from outside.

===
G26 (tied, begging)

unconscious
Krok, G11, 12, 13 (tied)

Dead:
Gr3, 4 (freshly Killed by Linar)
Gr2

Linar searches and finds 6 arrows (those are from all the party’s shots fired in this area).
Shots that land aren’t reusable. Linar shot 7 times and 6 recovered between his, indendien, dellinanth and nocturno’s.

Attachments:
Sub chief jail.jpg
Sub chief jail.jpg [ 172.09 KiB | Viewed 1400 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:33 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

A stream of torchlight reflects off the walls of the south eastern cavern, a single figure appears to approach, its shadow bouncing up and down..

"O, jy sal niemand seermaak nie, of jy sal soos jou sjaman eindig." A familar voice calls out in the ugly language of the Goblins. The shadow takes shape slowly as the figure approaches, holding aloft a wooden staff she stares down the single Goblin growling in anger.

"You survived, good. Goblin Shaman man died, he not happy." Katten fights in vain to brush the black soot that covers her once grey arms. She pays no heed to the injuries to her side, "Dran injured. Many Nesserr. They found me." She explains as she surveys the fallen creatures, "They put up no fight?" She asks curiously, approaching the single creature left conscious, the staff gripped tightly. "Jy ken hierdie stok."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:12 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Each square is 5'? Or 10'' ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:50 am 
King
King

[yes, square is 5 feet]

The traumatized goblin being soothed by Jordek gives an abrupt start as the Feliz ranger and her wolf arrive. Stil trembling somewhat, he nods in response to Katten's questions. She carries a gnarled hickory staff with what appears to be a demihuman skull lashed to the top by strips of pale leather like flesh skinned from a man or elf. The skull itself is coated with a sooty black substance; as are Kattens arms below the elbows.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:59 am 
Marquis
Marquis

"One returns, one leaves. You look quite the mess." Ge nods to Katten speaking in Elven.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:01 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Linar does a circuit of the place, and if nothing untoward, exits through the east gate if it's open or unlocked and after glancing south returns to the others to go look for Katten.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:09 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Mess? Shaman not happy I killed him. He not happy at all." Katten. Explains looking around, "We need to find Prisoners."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:50 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

"The black stuff" He points to her arms and the staff.

If he can see that she is wounded.

"I can help cure your wounds."

If Katten allows he will cast CLW, roll will come if accepted.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:38 pm 
Merchant
Merchant

Listening to the furry lady's words, Jordek gently cups his hands around the wretched goblin's head and turns it's head to look him in the eyes "No killings. Scary lady needs to know where the slaves are. You can tell me yes?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:45 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"He burnt when I kill him. Not happy. He tried to curse me." She bows her head, "He burnt arms. Dran hurt worse."

"He say:
Break ope’ the Bone, Soot blinds the eyes,
Receive my soul, Ossunin rise!
All goblin lives, and orcs and more!
And hail your new, terrific… lord…
"

She adds, the words comitted to memory."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:03 pm 
King
King

Linar explores the cavernous room behind the makeshift door. Moving around the perimeter, he finds a few places where there are rifts in the wall or where the room branches off for a few feet before coming to a tight but natural dead-end. Some of these appear to have been used as privies; indicated by the stench of waste. The area has obviously been used for quite some time to house slaves, though nothing else appears to be here now.

Leaving through the other door, Linar sees the cavern continues to the south at least for some distance. Returning to the others, he Finds Katten speaking to the captive goblin; presumably in it's native language. She and Jordek continue their questioning. He answers (in common) After elves attack yesterday, chief move slaves. Some way back past his chamber, back where Old Scruff was...

Nocturno offers to heal the ranger, but she declines saying Dran is hurt worse [Will Nocturno heal Dran instead then?]

Attachments:
Sub-chief jail 2.jpg
Sub-chief jail 2.jpg [ 134.43 KiB | Viewed 1336 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:32 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Linar returns, "The 'cages' are doors to where they held a load of slaves. All moved to somewhere else now though."
"Well met, Katten! What did you meet? And is there anything else to explore or battle here?"

When Katten has finished any update, the drow will ask what the others have been told by Talky-Goblin.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:14 am 
Marquis
Marquis

In elven, "Get him to confirm the way to the chief's chambers, and see who Old Scruff is. This is my last scrap of healing magic for today."

Nocturno casts CLW on Dran.

CLW: [1d8] = 3
====
Ick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:50 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Old Scruff? The Shaman? Crazy Goblin who had this staff?" She asks attempting to look kindly on the creature she hated. "Tell me where they are, and how many guard them. I won't kill you if you do " she speaks in his native tongue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Advanced search