Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:44 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:16 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Dran lowers his head and takes a tentative step out onto the cover, he only barely makes it fully onto the structure before one of the sticks rolls, sending his forepaws through a gap and crashing down onto the flimsy debris! The scattered camoflauge cracks and begins to give way, but Katten's readiness and cat-like reflexes avail her. With lightning speed she snatches the wokf pup by the scruff before he fals, hauling him up to her side of the ledge as the weak makeshift platform falls away with a clatter!

Before Linar can creep forward, the cries of goblins beyond rise in aggression! Several of the green-skinned tribesmen rush to engage! Dellinanth prepares to make the leap to join the party.

[Actions and Initiative please!]
[Everyone will have just enough time to draw/choose weapons before engaging. Good thing dran basically went last.
Since nobody mentioned the torch, i'll assume Dellinanth was holding it while the others crossed]
=====


Attachments:
Sub-Chief Scruff 0.jpg
Sub-Chief Scruff 0.jpg [ 94.97 KiB | Viewed 758 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:33 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5148
Drawing his longsword, Nocturno will step into the 2 goblins approaching.
Initiative: [1d10] = 10

Slashing with this sword he will place himself between the goblins and the group if possible.

Longsword(18): [1d20] = 12 [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4

===========================================================================================
Elden lines up the closest goblin and goes to work.

Initiative: [1d10] = 9

Martial Arts(18): [1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18 [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16

============================
17 - Vitals Kick 15 - Head Bash Please.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:29 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10300
Location:
United Kingdom
Katten draws her bow and let's two arrows fly at the second Rank (if she can).

Long Bow (Thaco 17) [1d20] = 20 dmg [1d6] = 1
Long Bow (Thaco 17) [1d20] = 13 dmg [1d6] = 3

Both arrows hit AC0, the first arrow is a crit? So roll another d6?

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:49 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6824
Having failed to make it into the shadows Linar lines up next to Elden, longsword and short sword ready for work on goblinkind.

======
Linar Init, LS (19), SS (21) [1d10] = 1, [1d20] = 18, [1d20] = 18
Linar dam LS, SS [1d8] = 2, [1d6] = 5


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:31 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 652
Initiative: [1d10] = 1

Jordek will keep to Eldan's back and attack any goblin that tries to make its way around (flank)him

Jordek Attack [1d20] = 11 , Damage [1d4] = 4


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:15 pm 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Jordek turns, dagger at the ready, prepared to prevent any goblins from flanking his allies. Linar steps across to aid the outnumbered martial artist and lays into the nearby goblin with his swords. In a spray of blood he sends the wetrock tribes-person down to the cavern floor; never to rise again. Beside the Drow, Elden likewise strikes at his would-be attacker. Though only the dimmest light of the torch reaches the human, his training takes over as he delivers a swift rising kick to the goblin’s groin. A sharp whimper of an exhale escapes the creatures lips as it crashes to the stone in unconsciousness.

Emerging from the darkness, another goblin enters the edge of sight. Katten’s arrow finds its mark swiftly; driving into the hated humanoid’s eye-socket and killing it instantly. Another goblin passes just out of Nocturno’s reach to stab at Linar from behind! Anticipating the threat, Jordek simultaneously circles around behind the threat, stabbing the goblin from behind! The blow nearly fells the green menace, and drives its spear tip far from the Drow and into the limestone column instead!

The final foe in front of Elden swings wildly with a spiked mace, but the fighter deftly dodges. Nocturno receives similar attention as a goblin spear skitters across his armor near the throat; missing his neck by hardly an inch! The High-elf returns the sentiment with a wide gut-slash, causing his assailant to growl in pain and fury.

To the rear of the group, Delllinanth makes an agile leap across the partially collapsed pit-cover; bringing with him the lit torch. Dropping the illumination to the ground, he quickly readies his bow as light fills the remaining melee. Newly illuminated, Elden strikes back at his attacker, grabbing the filthy hide armor in both hands and driving his head into the mace-wielding goblin’s. An audible Crok! sound precedes the creature’s collapse as he lets the thing slip from his fingers to the floor.

Katten takes aim again, this time at the goblin between Jordek and Linar. The shaft sails with tremendous force at such short range, zipping between her allies and pinning the wretch to the stone column behind it. Dellinanth’s bowstring sings in unison, loosing an arrow that takes Nocturno’s foe in the neck and sending it to oblivion.

As the last goblin dies, the cave falls quiet aside from a scraping metallic sound to the north… Suddenly, a scrabbling sound can be heard from the passage south, beyond the pit and the edge of the torchlight.

Well… I guess you didn’t need me. Indendien’s familiar voice quips from the darkness southward. But I suppose it’s not a bad thing I took a moment to scan the south passage… I found this one trying to get away in the confusion… The wood-elf woman shoves their captive ‘helper’ into the edge of the torchlight by the pit.


[Combat Ends…?]
[Since Elden was beyond the edge of the torchlight at the beginning of the round, but not in total darkness, I ruled it partial light so he only had -1 to hit on his first attack. He was in full torchlight for his second]
===
Init: R1
Jordek (1+2 dagger): 3
Linar (1+5 Longsword): 6
Elden (9): 9
G37: 10 (spear)
Katten (4+7 bow): 11
G33: 11 (spear)
G36: 11 (mace)
G34: 12 (mace)
G32: 14 (spear)
Dellinanth (7+7 bow): 14
Nocturno (10+5 longsword): 15
G35: 17 (mace)
Indendien: ???

Jordek holds to protect Elden’s back

Linar moves West 5 feet and slashes with his Longsword in his Right hand at G36 (AC 6)
Thac0 19 vs AC 6: Need 13+
[1d20] = 18, hit!
For [1d8] = 2 damage
G36 is Hurt Badly

Linar stabs (+2 piercing vs hide) with his short sword (-2 unproficient) in his Left hand (-2 offhand) at G36 (AC 6)
Thac0 19 vs AC 6 (-2): Need 15+
[1d20] = 18, hit!
For [1d6] = 5 damage
G36 DIES!


Elden attacks G35 with martial arts (-1 Blind fighting in low light)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (-1): need 13+
Elden vs G35 martial arts attk [1d20+1] = 17+1, Hit!
Result 17; 1 pt chart adjustment for specialization, adjust up to Vitals Kick (higher KO %)!
Elden does 2 dmg chart (Vitals kick) +1 (specialist) + 3 (str) = 6 dmg!
G35 GOES DOWN (75% non-lethal)

G37 moves 40 feet SouthEast into view of the melee

Katten fires her Longbow (+2 vs hide) at G37 (AC 6)(+4 vs Goblins)
Thac0 17 vs AC 6 (+6): need 5+ to hit
[1d20] = 20, Hit! Possible Crit!
Crit Conf [1d20] = 13, Crit confirmed!
G37 DIES!


G33 moves SouthWest 5 feet to stab at Linar

Jordek (ready) moves NorthEast 5 feet and stabs (+2 piercing vs hide)(+2 from behind) at G33 with his dagger
Thac0 20 vs AC 6 (+4): Need 10+ to hit
[1d20] = 11, Hit! (barely)
For [1d4] = 4 damage!
G33 is About to Die!


G33 stabs at Linar (AC 2) with his spear (+2 from behind)
Thac0 20 vs AC 2 (+2): Need 16+
[1d20] = 2, miss! (badly)
G33 vs Linar spear [1d20] = 2, [1d6] = 2,

G36 is DEAD

G34 bashes at Elden (AC 6) with his mace
Thac0 20 vs AC 6: Need 14+
[1d20] = 6, miss!
G34 vs Elden mace [1d20] = 6, [1d6] = 3

G37 is DEAD

G32 moves SouthWest 5 feet to stab (-1 pierce vs Splint) at Nocturno (AC 2) with his spear
Thac0 20 vs AC 2: (-1) Need 19+
[1d20] = 18, miss! (barely!)
G32 vs Nocturno mace [1d20] = 18, [1d6] = 3


Dellinanth attempts to jump across the pit
Str check, [1d20] = 3, pass!
Dellinanth drops the torch and prepares to fire his bow (1 shot, end of round)


Nocturno slashes with his Longsword at G32 (AC 6)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: Need 12+
[1d20] = 12 [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4
G32 is Hurt Badly!

G35 is DOWN

Elden attacks G34 with martial arts
Thac0 18 vs AC 6: need 12+
Elden vs G34 martial arts attk [1d20+1] = 15+1, Hit!
Result 15; 1 pt chart adjustment for specialization, adjust up to 16 Head Bash (more dmg, higher KO %)!
Elden does 2 dmg chart (Head Bash) +1 (specialist) + 3 (str) = 6 dmg!
G34 GOES DOWN (75% non-lethal)

Katten fires her Longbow (+2 vs hide) a 2nd time, at G33 (AC 6) in melee with Linar (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally) and Jordek (-2 target same size cat as ally)(+4 vs Goblins)
Thac0 17 vs AC 6 (+0): need 11+ to hit
[1d20] = 13, hit!
For [1d6] = 3 damage
G33 DIES!

Dellinanth fires his Longbow (+2 vs hide) at G32 (AC 6) in melee with Nocturno (-4 target 1 size category smaller than ally)
Thac0 18 vs AC 6 (-2): need 14+
[1d20] = 17, hit!
For [1d8] = 3 damage
G32 DIES!


Attachments:
Sub-Chief Scruff 1.jpg
Sub-Chief Scruff 1.jpg [ 94.88 KiB | Viewed 653 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:21 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10300
Location:
United Kingdom
"Stupid Nesserr, Stupid, Stupid." Katten steps forward, a dagger in her off hand as she approaches the creature who attempted to flee. "Do you want to end up like these?" She asks the creature it its own language. "You will lead us to the captives, if you do it well, I might let you live."

She bows to the Wood Elf, a smile on her lips, inscisors showing as she surveys the damage, "Throw bodies in pit, any live?" She asks curiously.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 6824
Linar cleans his blades with an Abjuration cantrip: "Blades be clean and in sunlight glean".
When clean he reseathes them and looks for arrows carried by the fallen. When done, he re-equips his bow and slips into shadows, silently,to the western cave to look north.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:53 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5148
Cutting more of the rope, Nocturno will hog tie the two knocked out goblins before rejoining the group.

"There seems to be no end to these vermin!"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:09 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Indendien shrugs, At least he was fleeing for the exit, not to warn the others. she says, urging him to cross the false floor; which he does so very carefully. The agile elf leaps over after, joining the group.

Linar cleans his blades and finds none of the goblins carry arrows. [those that hit from allies cant be recovered]

Nocturno quickly ties the two unconscious goblins. The conscious captive points a shaky finger beyond the column when asked where the slaves are; just as Linar slips into the shadows.

Once the Drow's eyes adjust, he sees that the room is basically a triangular dead-end with an alcove in the rear. A strong looking metal ring is anchored to the wall by a spike, and chains run from it through leg shackles attached to several prisoners. In the fore, a tribal-looking human strains to see in the pitch black, but beside him a half elf tenses up and mutters something quietly to the others. Not knowing the human tongue, the only word Linar picks out is 'Drow'. The rest of the bunch tenses up as well, and a gnome with an unkempt white beard pokes his small head out from the second rank; staring curiously at the armed dark-elf.

====
There are 2 chains of 4 prisoners each, each chain independently locked to the ring.

top row, front (right) to back (left)
#1: half Elf M, Forest Gnome M, Hum F, Hum M

bottom row
#2: tribal Hum M, Sundered Dwarf M (curled in a ball, practically shaking) , Hum M, Hum M


Attachments:
Sub-Chief Scruff 2.jpg
Sub-Chief Scruff 2.jpg [ 99.57 KiB | Viewed 646 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5148
Cleaning his blade after getting done with the tied up goblins Nocturno will walk around the pillar.

"Easy friends. As unbelievable as it seems, the drow is here to help."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:31 am 
Offline
King
King
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 8362
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The group calms slightly at Nocturno's arrival and words... all except the dwarf that is.

[i seem to recall Linar having a holy symbol of Corelon, is it readily visible? Does Nocturno have any obvious religious iconography on him?]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:39 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5148
His holy symbol, but it wouldn't be hanging out.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 pm 
Offline
Marshall
Marshall

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 652
Hearing grumpy elf talking to someone, Jordek picks up the torch Delllinanth dropped and approaches. Seeing the prisoners and no sign of more goblins, Jordek smiles widely in relief. The words start flowing fast and furiously. "Clanky here is right, the light haired fella is a real decent guy. Kills nice and quick like.. doesn't like to torture at all! Real nice fella." Jordek cocks his head "Um... you guys need some help? We are here to rescue some people and if you don't mind me saying it you look like you could use some rescuing. Or not. Your choice. Maybe you made some really bad life decisions and you want to be here. Okay." He turns away and says to the group "Lets go, I don't think these are the prisoners we are looking for." Glancing back at the chained prisoners "Are you sure you don't want to come?? I'm sure we could get those chains off if you want."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 3: "Against the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:39 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10300
Location:
United Kingdom
Kneeling by Dran Katten checks him over, before moving towards the prisoners, considering each in turn she shakes her head, "You safe now, we free you. There others? One called Earthaniel?" She asks Dran close behind.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group