Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:13 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:44 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Taking a pair of axes Katten slips them in her belt, acknowledging the healing with a nod. "God help, small amount mean something." she comments as the very worst of the wound begins to heal, leaving hidden scar under her furred skin.

"We move on." she takes point, leveling her bow once more.

(Which direction can they go?)

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:46 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[The goblin escaping ran West where most attacked from. A very few joined combat from the east]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:05 am 
King
King

Linar recovers what arrows he can, sharing them with whoever wants some, and then asks, "Anyone mind if I have one of the shortswords as a back up?"

With weapons stowed he reverts to longbow and heads off to scout westwards, sticking close to its lefthand wall.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:02 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Katten joins Linar taking a few arrows, "Dran stay back. Some go other way.. check in case."

"We go silent. Make no noise. Kill quick." She suggests and moves against the wall slipping into the darkness.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:09 pm 
Prince
Prince

"Excellent, there they go." Nocturno looks around. "Human. How fast can you move? Will you be able to defend yourself?"

==================================
"No, I am too weak to do any of my amazing maneuvers. I am going to be a burden on the group I am afraid."

===================================

"Ok. I will scout to the east about 20' and come back. We will need to set up a rear guard for Elden here." He speaks to the others that remain.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:36 pm 
Magistrate
Magistrate

"I can offer healing, but only twice more. If someone needs healing before we move on, now is the time to let me know" Jordek pipes up. He scrounges up whatever daggers the others don't take. "The human and I are the only ones who need this torch to see. If you want me along, I can follow behind so the torch doesn't get in your way."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:42 am 
Emperor
Emperor

[For Jordek's info: Dellinanth is still badly injured, [2/9 hps], elden cannot benefit farther from healing until he rests, Katten is barely in the hurt category [26/36]. Nocturno is at [10/17], others have only light injuries (1 or 2 hps off) ]

Dellinanth volunteers to watch over Elden, himself still badly wounded. Linar searches the area and finds 10 servicable arrows, while Nocturno checks the East path; which dead-ends into a chamber with obvious new-digging. It seems the goblins were using the slaves to expand the cave complex...

Katten and Linar sneak off to the West, bows drawn and eyes sharp. New chambers are revealed South and North while the tunnel continues NorthWest to bend out of sight.

The room south has a wide bedding area and some belongings strewn about the furs and straw; likely where a certain group lived (perhaps the guards and leader as the furs are somewhat less grody and rotten).

The space to the north appears to be an assembly area for meetings. There is a makeshift table with maps tokens and things strewn about. old crumpled parchments or papers lie on the floor which is covered in junk. (It seems similar to the meetinf room found in the outpost)

====
Katten and Linar are the tokens in the upper left, everyone else is back at the ambush site with the dead guards unless moving forward.

Attachments:
Screenshot_20200323-094856_Dungeon Sketch~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200323-094856_Dungeon Sketch~2.jpg [ 97.21 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:54 am 
King
King

Linar continues, arrow readied, silent as he can be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:15 am 
Prince
Prince

"Let me use my healing now. So my sword is free if we encounter more of our little friends."

Nocturno will use a CLW on Dellinanth.

CLW: [1d8] = 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:23 am 
Magistrate
Magistrate

Jordek looks over Nocturno and Dellinanth and offers healing to each. Whomever accepts gets a cure light wounds spell applied.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:46 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Giving the table a once over Katten looks for anything that looks like a map, or perhaps anything that looks out of place, they fought tooth and nail, why? Most Goblins run when pushed, these pushed back. She spends a few minutes doing this, slipping anything that appears of interest into her belt, before setting off after Linar.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 pm 
Prince
Prince

"We will all move together. Let us follow the scouts."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:35 am 
King
King

Noting Katten pausing to check out 'the office', Linar continues, still silent, to the corner to look north.
If clear he continues quietly and cautiously along the lefthand wall until there's either signs of foes or a choise (of direction).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:37 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Katten rifles through the papers, quickly finding a map similar to the one from the outpost, but with additional marks on it. Crumpled in the floor, atop the musty bear skin rug, she finds a couple of scribbled interactions that are actually signed with a blotchy red "AX" signature. Stuffing the documents behind her belt she moves on. By chance, her step lands on a section of the ground that gives under her weight, as if something were hidden under the rug!!!

Ahead of the Felis, Linar creeps through the darkness to the end of the passage. The wide chamber beyond appears to be the end of the complex. Many furs, bedding heaps and various belongings line the walls of this massive area, but his attention is immediately drawn to the space at the back...

A milling throng of goblins huddle here, all watching the entrance with varying degrees of apprehension. The majority, by far, are children of all ages; from toddling little monsters up to those just shy of adolescence. Scattered throughout the mass are no less than two-score adult females, shushing and herding and corralling the younglings that more than double their number. A quarter of the females stand at the edge of the group, facing southward, their hands filled with crude weapons and clubs as if they meant to protect their spawn against anything that might attempt to harm them.

An odd commotion in the midst of the tribes-people becomes clear, and several non-goblins can be spotted in small clusters. Four of these emerge from the crowd, tenderly massaging wrists and ankles, the last dropping a long chain to the stone floor. Three of them are human, while the last looks to perhaps be a half elf. The commotion continues as others start to move forward, apparently being freed!

==
The signature looks like the letters A and X mashed together, where the "X" is made by crossing one extended leg of the "A"

As for why the goblins are fighting back so hard, there are a couple of things Katten would realize
-They are defending their lair
-The most fanatical ones (which are also in charge) keep referring to their god Ossunin when they fail... implying they are giving their all in fear of not obeying him. A fear that is worse than even probable death...

Katten finds:
Goblin Map 2
Goblin Note 1
Goblin Note 2

Map details:
-Elden and Dellinanth are back where the goblin ambush happened
-The brown piles to the edges of the room are the beddings and such.
-The swirly olive-drab blob in the back is the milling mass of goblinoid(ity)?

The goblins currently pose no obvious threat, though 8 or 10 stout looking females stand facing the entrance with clubs and crude weapons, apparently ready to defend their children and tribes-people should whatever is killing all the goblin fighters (cough) come for them. There is no sign currently of the guard that fled.

The few tokens visible are non-goblins that have apparently been freed!!

Attachments:
Screenshot_20200325-213247_Dungeon Sketch~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200325-213247_Dungeon Sketch~2.jpg [ 157.44 KiB | Viewed 55 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:38 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Torn, Katten returns her bow and the notched arrow into her quiver, instead she draws a dagger and tentively raises the rug, peeking inside with her enchanced vision, ready to strike.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Advanced search