PlanetADnD.com
http://padnd.com/forums/

Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)
http://padnd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=3377
Page 10 of 24

Author:  Chris1234 [ Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

[OOC:] The idea was to pot one from (maximum possible distance up to) 120' away, then pulling the goblins northwards to overcome the obviously lone asailant.
Then when the goblins get within 60' of the others with bows they get a hail of arrows frollowed by a prepared charge from the hand-to-hand experts further back.
So 50% cover is AC -4 and surprise is AC +2. Are they immobile? Or do they wander around a bit (i.e. come out of cover from time to time)?[/OOC]

Linar LB THAC0 19 [1d20] = 6, [1d8] = 7

Author:  TristenC [ Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

//////
the goblins are immobile so far. yes -4 for half cover +2 surprise.

last posts from the rest of the party dont seem to match up to that unless they mean after linar has fired and hopefully drawn the others out

Nocturno wrote:
Nocturno and Elden will advance with the scouts. Once the shots are taken they will rush in.


Jenara wrote:
(A few squares back from where she was, she is going to go in shooting, the plan is to hit as many as she can)

Author:  Jenara [ Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Katten will fire as soon as a target becomes avilable, and then stop a few squares back, using her bow rather than hand to hand for the moment.

Long Bow (Thaco 16) [1d20] = 3 dmg [1d6] = 6 Even with her +4 thats a total miss.

Author:  Nocturno [ Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

The intention of the melee'ers is to follow up the ranged. Once they shoot, they will rush into the melee, to engage the goblins.

Author:  TristenC [ Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Katten and Linar relay the presence of the goblins ahead to the group and propose a plan: For Linar to fire once from beyond the field of vision of the goblin guards, in an effort to draw them all out to the rest of the group; which will wait just down the next hall. The others prepare themselves, and the Drow moves back as far as he is able to line up his shot. The goblins seem to suspect nothing as the arrow is loosed... the shaft sails through the darkness, seen only by Linar's eye until it strikes the stone beside the chain-armored goblin guard!

One of the others nearby squeaks in alarm! Ack!! Dey here! Dey heeeere! loud enough for those who speak goblin to pick up down the hall.

The creature fired directly upon snaps to and rushes off to the West, muttering something the others can't make out.

The remaining goblin in Linar's view quickly backs into his corner so he is not exposed. Quick sqwaking, Znot! [In goblin]


[Actions and Initative for Round 1?]
[The goblin tokens on the map have a blue border to represent their 'last known' or presumed locations as they are not currently directly in view. The blue line indicates the direction the one that Linar shot at ran.
====

Linar fires his Longbow at Gr8 (AC 5, chain)
Thac0 19 vs AC 5: Need 14+ to hit
[1d20] = 6, miss!

The others hold until a goblin comes into view.

Gr8 and the other goblins are alerted! Gr8 moves West and out of view
Gr7 moves 5 feet and out of view

Gx1, Gx2, G48, G49 and G50 remain out of view

Attachments:
Screenshot_20200114-212236_Dungeon Sketch~2-422x660.jpg
Screenshot_20200114-212236_Dungeon Sketch~2-422x660.jpg [ 54.98 KiB | Viewed 2732 times ]

Author:  Jenara [ Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Katten curses in her own language and moves down, her element of suprise ruined, her bow drawn she moves towards the creatures, getting ready to shoot.

Author:  Nocturno [ Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Nocturno and Elden(even blind in the dark if Jordek doesn't follow) Rush to engage the little bastards.

Let me know if they can get close enough for a swing.

Author:  Chris1234 [ Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Hugging the left-hand wall Linar advances silently towards the goblins.
If one sticks it's head out, it gets another arrow.

======
Idea is to provide covering fire for those advancing

Author:  Squirrellord [ Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Cursing to himself, Jordek follows the 2 fighters heading forward. Trying to give enough light to the fighters to be effective and also trying to use their bulk to shield him from potential harm

Author:  TristenC [ Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Katten and Linar move up, arrows trained on the area ahead, followed quickly by Dellinanth and Indendien who take up positions just behind the others. Nocturno and Elden surge forward to cover just ahead of the archers; followed closely by Jordek with the torch. The light washes out the rest of the party's infravision, illuminating only a short distance ahead of the fighters...

The sounds of several raised goblin voices becomes apparent off the Western branch where the guard fled to... the others hold their positions behind cover, apparently waiting...


[Actions and Initiative rolls please]
=====

[map incoming]
blue is 'last known whereabouts. The torch is cutting off darkvision beyond it.

Attachments:
Screenshot_20200121-213452_Dungeon Sketch~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200121-213452_Dungeon Sketch~2.jpg [ 78.46 KiB | Viewed 2322 times ]

Author:  Nocturno [ Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Initiative: [1d10] = 10

Initiative: [1d10] = 6

Unsure of what lies beyond the light(init of 10 lol) Elden waits for gnome to advance behind him. If the light reaches a goblin Elden will rush in and attack.

Nocturno will advance and attack the closest goblin.
Longsword(18): [1d20] = 1 [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9

Author:  Jenara [ Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Init [1d10] = 4
Long Bow (Thaco 16) [1d20] = 7 dmg [1d6] = 2 Hit AC 5. (2 dmg)
Long Bow (Thaco 16) [1d20] = 11 dmg [1d6] = 2 Hit AC 1 (2 dmg)

Katten raises a hand, halting the light as she switches to her superior vision, loosening two arrows as soon as the Goblins come within sight.

Author:  Chris1234 [ Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Linar moves back out of the light and prepares an arrow, covering the southeastern tunnel entrance when the area is lit. (1st for through it gets an arrow).

======
Initiative [1d10] = 6

Author:  TristenC [ Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

[just waiting on sql the lightbearer, i think]

Author:  Squirrellord [ Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Act 1, Scene 4: "Eroding the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread

Initiative: [1d10] = 8\
Jordek tries his best to keep up with the large shielding human and elf in front of him. If an opportunity to attack a foe that either the elf or human is attacking presents itself, Jordek will take a swing as long as he can keep behind his 2 larger party members.

Jordek Attack [1d20] = 4 , Damage [1d4] = 1

Page 10 of 24 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/