Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:28 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:24 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9147
Linar neds agreement to the plan but remains quiet as forests aren't his expertise.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:36 am 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant
User avatar

Joined:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:21 am
Posts: 46
Findalsip starts quietly chanting "See the stone. Be the stone." while standing very still and blending in with his surroundings out of sheer boredom.

_________________
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:24 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10909
Location:
United Kingdom
"Nice trick. Might be useful." Katten comments in her own broken common, having listened to all the discussions she grins finally making up her mind. "Worgs. I hunt Worgs. You come, not come." She shrugs, giving a sideways glance. "I go anyway."

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:55 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9147
Linear steps forwards, "I will come with you."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:19 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 7362
"Agreed. Let us weaken their forces."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:40 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 9936
Location:
somewhere in the aether
The group resolves to hunt Worg, and The trio of Wild Elves nod their agreement. Indendien and Dillosel squeeze hands briefly before loading their bows and taking point into the forest. Dellinanth emerges from the cave just ahead of the group and keeps a sharp eye out. We have been concealing ourselves in the camp nearby where we began this morning. We have had to move camp a few times and set up decoys, but the worgs are clever. If we wish to avoid them, a fresh spot is likely wise. The patrols have been coming mostly along this path, he indicates the winding trail that runs a few dozen yards from the edge of the great pit. Pairs of them also roam the forests at random in this area, so they may not use the trail at all; but the closer to the Wetrock's Hold the more there are likely to be.

=====
How does the party want to set up their ambush?


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:45 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9147
Linear looks around at those more familiar with forests then ventures, "Would a scent trail lead them to where we want?"


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:30 am 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant
User avatar

Joined:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:21 am
Posts: 46
Findalsip upon coming to the cave opening slows down considerably. He is taken aback by the brightness open the light streaming in. “What in the nine hells is that and what is that unsightly brownish and green stuff? Deformed mushrooms??” He immediately attempts disbelief in illusion. He grabs his holy symbol and his weapon.

_________________
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:20 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 7362
Nocturno shakes his head. Then looks to more stealthy ones.

"I don't want to lose my new companion, as he got me here safely as I recovered. But we could use my mule as bait. I could even pretend to be injured beside him." He thinks he has too much practice being actually injured as of late.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:02 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1390
Jordek pipes up "The mule and and an injured elf would go a long way as far as bait is concerned I would think. Especially if we could get some fresh blood.." He addresses the the Cat Lady and her friends the elves. "If I may be of service in assisting camouflaging an ambush I'd be happy to help. I am, um, somewhat experienced in hiding in these environments."

While not particularly experienced in setting ambushes, Jordek is happy to assist in hiding his companions using all the techniques he learned as a young gnome.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:14 am 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 pm
Posts: 334
Location:
Western Mountains of North Carolina
Bull

Bad idea. An elf can hide in the forest were I can not. Climbing a tree is pretty much out of the question with hooves. I will be the bait. Blood from the Basilisk should provide scent and I can check it with my nose to see if it is there well enough. I will camp in the same spot we left this morning. They will have found it by now and will most likely recheck it later on. I will lay injured while the rest of you hide in the trees. When they get close I will spring to and can shower them with arrows.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:03 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9147
Linear looks at the others to see if they also think Bull's idea is good.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10909
Location:
United Kingdom
"You be Bait?" Katten asks with a curious Grin, "Those Trees, grass, earth." She explains to the strange little Man (She assumed he was a man, although he looked less than a pup).

"Then we have bait, we hide use trees and grass. Strike when they not looking." That decided she regards the Bull man with appreciation.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:05 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 9147
"It's decided then," sums up Linar, grateful for Ketten's decisiveness. "Anyone still bleeding?"


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Act 2, Scene 1: "A Flicker of Hope" (Main Game Thread)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:19 am 
Offline
Artisan
Artisan
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 pm
Posts: 334
Location:
Western Mountains of North Carolina
Bull

With that decided Bull makes his way back to the camp where he found the party this morning dragging the remains of the Basilisk behind him slapping blood and entrails along the trail for good measure. Once there he drags the 6 feet of giant steel from its sheath and lays it next to him on the ground. Laying down he dabs some blood on his chest and stomach. He lays there waiting for the fun to begin. Bellowing every so often for good measure. MMMMMOOOOOO.


Last edited by Dargon Lonewolf on Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group