Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 1 - Waterdavian Affairs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:05 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Nix pats Alecia's arm comfortingly, but speaks to the watchman. Rope? Yeah, we found some rope with loops and knots tied in it. Nix shows him the rope they found. I suppose he could have used this... he also pulls out the odd learher harness. There was this weird harness too...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:32 am 
Viscount
Viscount

As he looks around. "Yes, or he had some personal preferences none of us want to know about. Have you found anything else that seemed odd or strange?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:35 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"I certainly don't!" Alecia exclaims shaking her head at the harness, "That looks like someone might do something terrible with it. You should take it away. Please."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:04 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Nix pats har shoulder, calming her a bit. You'll have to excuse her. She's a little shaken up, I don't think she considered what kind of person might have lived here before. The um.. the 'leathers' have a mark on them like the emblem of a lantern. He points the design out. There is the Hanging Lantern festhall in Dock Ward... I'm not sure if it's connected in any way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:45 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

The Watchman glances around and doesn’t notice anything special in the hole where the floorboard would go. On looking round the 10'x15' room he sees that there’s a small fireplace in the wall adjacent to the shuttered window. The fireplace contains some logs and in the tiled fire surround are five small logs, a spark guard & a poker. In addition to the bed the room has a table, two chairs, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers and standard fittings (pitcher, 2 cups, washstand, folding fan). On the chest of drawers is a wooden canary. On the table are an ink pen & 3 blank parchments, two stoppered bottles, cook’s tools, a plate & spoon, 2 loaves, a half-wheel cheese, a small block of lard & 3 eggs (hen). Underneath the table is an iron bowl (containing a bar of soap and a back scrubber). Adjacent to the table are two sacks of something or other. Also on the floor are a lidded fruit box, a bundle of torches and five waterskins (one of which seems empty). A crossbow leans against the wall obscuring a pile of other things.

His investigations confirm that the two rope loops on the top of the pile of knotted rope pulls easily over to the pitons which are perfectly placed for supporting the rope ladder out of the window and he discovers no hidden compartments in the first wall.

======
Each wall will take about 10 minutes to thoroughly search.
If I’ve overlooked any items on display feel free to comment.
The leathers were in the lidded fruit box which contains other things too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:51 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Noting the lantern symbol, he will put the leathers and rope by the window for now. (Does he recognize the symbol?)

"The kind of person who lived here before, yes. Let's say he was not a popular fellow with some."

Moving on from the hole in the floor, Sue will head to the fireplace. He will move the logs around, and check up the chimney flue for anything stuck there.

He will check under the mattress and bed, the bottoms of the tables and chairs. After that he will check the wardrobe and drawers. If there are ladies garments in there he will pause.
"Uh excuse the looking, official matters." and he will seem fairly uncomfortable picking through a ladies clothing.

He will pocket the wooden canary unless it belongs to the current occupants. "Is this belonging to either of you?"

Looking at the paper and pens.. he will grumble under his breath. "Where were you earlier."

He will move the sacks around, to see if it is flour or other baking ingredients. If not he will spill the contents onto the table, after the tables contents out of the way. If it feels like a sack of flour or other cooking powder, he will jostle it around to see if there are any large lumps that could be a hidden surprise.

He will then make his way to the fruit box, seeing what is in there. He will unravel the bundle of torches neatly to see if anything is hidden. Then move to the waterskins, and take a smell of the contents of each one, carefully.

After that he will heft the crossbow looking for bolts. Then he will check the rest of the pile that was hidden.

He will continue to search each wall, and will make minimal conversation with the other occupants of the room while he looks around.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:10 am 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

As he moves to the crossbow Alecia looks a little perturbed, "Those are my things, I just brought them down. My clothes and other items are in there. Including my vestments." If he continues to search she frowns glancing over at Nix.

"I am learning that he wasn't nice, the Thought concerns me greatly. Should I be worried that less than reputable people might show up? After all we in the clergy have an image to maintain. You understand?" She looks around somewhat lost.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:15 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"Uh Vestments." He will look back at Alecia. "Would yo be so kind as to remove your items? I would like to check for false bottoms and such of the drawers."

He will also stop short of the crossbow once She claimed them as hers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:27 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Certainly, if thats what you need. False bottoms you say? Is it right that less honorable people hide things in places like that? You will tell me if you find any..? I am quite concerned, quite concerned indeed. If my Lady Priestess were to hear of such things.." She holds her hand over her mouth as she collects her items and places them on the bed, "How long do you think you need to spend Watchman Breadson?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:50 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

The Watchman examines the leathers and sees on the inside a small branded image of a lantern hanging from a chain. The symbol is not a military one. He deposits the leathers and rope by the window.
The logs in the fireplace show some sign of charring. Moving them around reveals a small amount of burnt material that wasn’t from a log, possibly something used to start a fire. Moving the hearth logs shows nothing as does moving the hearth-side logs and fire equipment. It looks very black up the chimney.
There’s little to be seen under the mattress, bed or bottoms the chairs but the table has a number written on its underside: “214”.
The chest of drawers is strangely empty but the wardrobe has a set on masculine traveling clothes. {OOC: Jen – please correct me if they were placed elsewhere.}
The paper and pens appear perfectly normal, the pens used but cleaned.
After moving all the table contents onto the floor, the Watchman empties a sack of mushrooms onto the table spilling and after rummaging around fruitlessly put most of back into the sack. He then repeats it with the second sack pouring dried fruit onto the table and spilling quite a bit onto the floor. After rummaging around metaphorically fruitlessly he tries to scrape that back into the second sack but making quite a mess. The fruit box contains a rolled sheaf of parchments and two pairs of feminine white underwear. The bundle of torches, unravelled, is just an unravelled bundle of torches. The contents of the four waterskins smell of nothing, sour milk, nothing and wine.
The crossbow merely concealed the pile on the lady’s things.
He does not find a false bottom in the lady's drawers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:59 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"Well I am here to determine if you would have anything to be worried about. But if the gentleman who lived here was done in as a random act of violence, you should have nothing to fear."

After checking through the clothing and storage he will go recheck the material that was used to start the fire.

If that prove fruitless, he will grab a handful of the spilled dried fruit and check out another wall.

"I promise you I will make sure your image is upheld."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:29 pm 
Marquis
Marquis

The Watchman methodically checks through the pocks of the traveling clothes but finding nothing.
The material used to start the fire was paper or parchment. What remains of it is completely charred.
The second wall reveals nothing new.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:43 am 
Viscount
Viscount

He will move on to another wall, and will keep up with any conversation that happens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:39 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Excuse me Watchman Breadman, what exactly do you think would be hidden in a bag of Mushrooms." Alecia asks as she busies herself returning the Dried fruit into the bag, making no attempt to hide that she was rather perturbed by this intrusion into her new home.

"I have no issues with you taking them for further investigation. How... How do you know it was a random act? Obviously I'm not doubting the watch, after all you have an important job to do. I just want to be sure, want to know.."

"I will need to ask Asher to borrow a Broom, I need to make this place tidy once more." She adds with small gesture with her hands.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:49 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

"Well that is what I am here to see about. Hopefully I won't find anything that will lead more unsavoury folks to your doorstep." Sue will look at the mess on the floor. "Uh yeah sorry about that.
I didn't think it would spill around so much."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Advanced search