Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:57 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:48 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

"Here you go Alecia", as Woody hands her a darkvision potion. "Sue how many coins are there?"

"I want to be open with you all. The reason I decided to join this expedition is to find treasure and money as I have accumulated some debts that I need to pay back when we get back." I have been researching the disappearance of my father for quite some time now. My investigation has been more expensive then I thought it would be." looking at everyone.

"Have any of you heard of the Wharf Rats faction they might have something to do with his disappearance?" When we get out of here, will any of you help me investigate some of my leads?" ask Woody to the group.

When the group is ready to go down the hallway Woody will pass the jelly carefully.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:58 am 
Artisan
Artisan

Jim accepts Evenwood's words at face value without revealing any thoughts they may have stirred "Where Sue goes, I go as well" he replies.

OOC - Does Jim know anything about the warf rats Chris?

Last edited by Squirrellord on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:17 am 
Count
Count

"I have a feeling our paths will cross once out of here. They are probably involved in my most recent case also."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:12 pm 
King
King

Nix snaps out of his musings. Our best chances at survival are to stick together.

===
Has nix heard of the 'wharf rats'?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:17 pm 
Prince
Prince

Alecia takes the Darkvision potion from Woody and smiles appreciatively, “Thank you.”
She looks back at Woody blankly and shakes her head when he asks about Wharf rats. She consumes the potion, offers the empty vial back, and then extinguishes her Light spell.

Woody discovers that the heavy iron pot contains 40 dragons.

Sue takes the lead followed by Jim as the group press on westwards. The corridor joins another which goes 20’ north and stretches away out of sight to the south.

Attachment:
After the mirrors.png
After the mirrors.png [ 1.01 KiB | Viewed 359 times ]
The red arrow indicates the group's direction of travel.

======
What’s the marching order after Jim?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:21 pm 
Count
Count

Sue stops at the corner and will peer around. (Ill do a perception roll here for looking both ways down the corridor if wanted, but need to clear up below first.)

"After you scout extraordinare. How far back would you like me to stay?"

====================================================
Ok, so now we are all in dark?
But all have dark vision - Which means perception is at disadvantage?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:36 pm 
Prince
Prince

Sue sees the north corridor turn back east after 20'. The southern branch has an exit to the west, two to the east and continues south.

======
Correct, group is in the dark and PER is disadvantaged exactly the same as most other inhabitants. This does prevent nearly all other inhabitants from automatically seeing the party from a distance without the party necessarily being able to see them. Simplest is explore under darkvsion, then when known to be clear of hostiles, recurse with light if someone wishes to search for something.
By default I will now use passive perception for both the party and other inhabitants. PER rolls would only be if someone is explicitly looking/listening for a specific thing/at a specific place..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:29 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

I`m assuming 40 dragons is 40 GP?

"I would like to keep the full treasure to myself but you all deserve your equal share." Woody takes the gold and gives 8 dragons to each party member.

"Let's turn right and see what is around the corner."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:33 pm 
Prince
Prince

Alecia keeps 4 coins, "This will keep a roof over my head for a couple of nights," and returns the other four to Woody. "Towards the cost of the potion."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:39 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

"Very much appreciated Alecia".

As Woody enters the new corridor behind Sue, we looks left to see if he see any potential hostiles.
Perception check at disadvantage just in case:
[1d20] = 14 + 2 = 16
[1d20] = 1 + 2 = 3

Nice getting ride of the ones.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:04 pm 
Count
Count

"Easy, I know you are eager but let whatever is ahead of us try to take a bite outta me first."

While stowing the coins.
"When we are out of here, I will help you with those debts. Your father was always good to me."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:57 pm 
Artisan
Artisan

Jim accepts the dragons from Woody with a nod of thanks "Unfortunately I do not know of these Wharf Rats you speak of, my apologies" As the light goes out Jim addresses Sue's remark "Stay back about 20 feet or so or at a corner if we hit one. I can still see decently in the dark but I think hearing might work better for scouting. When I hold my hand up halt so I can listen for any noises ahead."

OOC - I'm assuming Jim would see the same corridor that Sue sees. I can't remember how the DM handles stealth checks in this game so I'm going to roll one because Jim is trying to be as stealthy as possible here. Chris can you let me know if you want us to roll for stealth.
Stealth Check - [1d20+6] = 15+6 = 21

Jim heads north to the corner and then pauses while raising his hand and sees if he can hear any sounds from ahead Perception: [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12 , assuming he hears nothing that alarms him, he continues east.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:46 am 
Prince
Prince

Jim moves 20' ahead of the group and then advances slowly northwards and round the corner discovering a bare room, perhaps 20'x30' with the ceiling 15' above being shrouded in webbing. There are no other exits visible in the room.

Attachment:
After the mirrors 2.png
After the mirrors 2.png [ 4.36 KiB | Viewed 349 times ]

======
Stealthy movement I treat as halves your speed. I will roll on your behalf at a critical moment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:09 pm 
Artisan
Artisan

Jim will pause again to listen intently to see if he hears anything stirring and then stealthily make his way back to the group to report.
"bare room ahead with no exits I could easily see, 15 foot ceiling with a lot of webs hanging from it"
OOC - does the webbing look like normal webbing or is there enough there to cause Jim concern?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:14 pm 
Prince
Prince

No noise from the room. Webbing looks normal but an enormous amount of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 48  Next

Advanced search