Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:25 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
Initiative: [1d20] = 10

Testing out the new weapon Sue will swing at the flying vermin as they approach.

Warhammer - [1d20+7] = 12+7 = 19 [1d20+7] = 9+7 = 16 [1d8+4] = 1+4 = 5 [1d8+4] = 4+4 = 8


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:26 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 855
Initiative: [1d20+5] = 16+5 = 21
Jim places the pole down (are the stirges within melee range or do ranged attacks apply here?)
Melee - Jim delivers 3 swift punches with his fist that is wrapped around the lit coin (attack, attack, bonus action unarmed attack) To Hit: [1d20+8] = 6+8 = 14 , Unarmed Damage: [1d6+5] = 5+5 = 10 , To Hit: [1d20+8] = 14+8 = 22 , Unarmed Damage: [1d6+5] = 3+5 = 8 , and To Hit: [1d20+8] = 18+8 = 26 , Unarmed Damage: [1d6+5] = 3+5 = 8

If ranged he throws his last 2 darts and moves back to join the group and let Sue pass him
To Hit: [1d20+8] = 5+8 = 13 , Dart Damage: [1d4+5] = 2+5 = 7 , and To Hit: [1d20+8] = 16+8 = 24 , Dart Damage: [1d4+5] = 1+5 = 6


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:52 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Round 1
Jim reveals just enough of the coin giving all concerned an easier time connecting with their foes as he punches three of the flying rodents into oblivion. Nine remain, three circle Jim and perhaps half-a-dozen more pass him.

Woody's firebolt renders one of the asty fliers into its consituent molecules, a couple more trying to eat him him as he chuckles, "Smells like chicken!"
Unseen by any other than victims and Darren, Sue effortlessly swats the pair of stirges that make towards him. Darren dispenses with him own woudbe assailant.

Three leathery fliers circle Jim, who dodges two of the three. [#S4, AC 23, 5 pierce] One attaches itself to the monk's wrist and starts to drink. Just behind another stige fastens onto Woody's neck. [#S9, AC21, 5 pierce] At least one more attaches the mage's backpack!

None remain to attack Sue or Darren.

Actions for Round 2 ?


======

Initiative
Jim 21
Woody 15
Sue 10
Darren 7
Striges 5

Jim may use him reaction (from ound #1) to punch one of the stirges as it flies beyong his reach.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:22 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
"Damnit Woody." Sue moves to Woody.

Warhammer - [1d20+7] = 7+7 = 14 [1d20+7] = 5+7 = 12 [1d8+4] = 8+4 = 12 [1d8+4] = 4+4 = 8


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:56 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
Woody tries to stab the one on his neck with his magical dagger.

[1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15
Damage: [1d4+3] = 3+3 = 6


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:13 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 855
Round 1 reaction: To Hit: [1d20+8] = 8+8 = 16 , Unarmed Damage: [1d6+5] = 2+5 = 7

Round 2
Jim lays into the stirges accosting him
To Hit: [1d20+8] = 5+8 = 13 , Unarmed Damage: [1d6+5] = 4+5 = 9
To Hit: [1d20+8] = 18+8 = 26 , Unarmed Damage: [1d6+5] = 5+5 = 10
To Hit: [1d20+8] = 10+8 = 18 , Unarmed Damage: [1d6+5] = 1+5 = 6


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:00 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
The brave adventuers quietly and efficiently finish the remaining stirges.

End of combat.

Anything anyone wants to do before picking up the pole and moving on?

======
PCs gain +93xp each


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:35 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
Let's keep moving.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:34 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Keeping the same marching order: Jim, Woody, Sue, Darren, the group continue to the northwest along the southern walkway of the twenty foot diameter tunnel. After another fifty paces (double steps) the tunnel angles fractionally to the right. At the point across the main tunnel is a two foot high wier with overflow into a twelve foot wide tunnel that angles off carrying spillover effluent to the southwest.

The southwestern tunnel has a three foot wide walkway on its southern side that connects directly to the walkway on which the group stand. The main tunnel continues rougly northwest but both of its southern and northern walkways are about two foot higher than the walkway on which the adventurers stand. There is no grill or garating.

Choices:
    a) Turn back,
    b) Continue on the same walkway but turning down the secondary (twelve foot width) tunnel that heads southwest,
    c) Continue to the northwest along the primary (twenty foot width) tunnel by vaulting across to its southern walkway. The vault is across the twelve foot width of the secondary tunnel and up the two foot high wier. [DC6, disadvantaged]
    d) Continue to the northwest along the primary (twenty foot width) tunnel by vaulting across to its northern walkway [DC10] and then carefully stepping up the two foot of the wier.

======
Guidance is available.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:33 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
"Let's head that way, and hop up."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
Option D? I'm in.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Darren agrees.

======
Make your choice of Athletics ar Acrobatics skill rolls.
Guidance applies if you wish it.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:06 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
Sue grips the pole.

Athletics(STR)(7):[1d20+7] = 11+7 = 18

"Can we "hand" it back?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:15 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Sue negotiates his way to the north walkway.

======
Although the pole is at the upper weight limit of Mage Hand Woody can pass it back and forther easily enough in a non-stressful situation such as this..


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 - Getting to the bottom of it?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:04 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 855
Jim approaches Darren and bows his head I would be grateful for your guidance. Once the spell has been cast he turns back to the task at hand and ponders for a moment. Taking a slow steady breath, he calms himself and decides to try a different approach than simply pushing himself across and clinging to the pole. (Which has not gone that great for him so far) Holding the pole firmly he takes a couple quick steps towards the edge and plants the pole keeping his forward momentum and at the last moment twists his body upwards to align in length with the pole and rides the pole as it arcs over to the other side and gracefully lands on the walkway, one hand still holding the top of the pole
Guidance: [1d4] = 2
Acrobatics(8): [1d20+8] = 7+8 = 15


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group