Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:31 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:15 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
If nobody has the light spell. Val will light up a torch. He will also pull out his long sword and put away his halberd.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Initiative, please


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:17 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 855
As he shrugs his shield into a more comfortable position, Unbar says "I don't know any spells to light up an area." Gripping his hammer firmly as he raises his shield in front of him he adds "I'll take point on this one. I'll get their attention on me.
Initiative(0): [1d20] = 3
Provided no one objects, Unbar will lead the way into the windmill. He will walk in shouting a challenge and will use the dodge action.
Come on then you filthy rats! Lets see what you're made of!!"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:55 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Val and Vic wait around outside while Unbar bustles into the windmill, "Come on then you filthy rats! Lets see what you're made of!!"
The center of thew windmill mcuh of its upper reaches are filled with the wooden gears and cogs that help turn the millstone.
There is a steep, open staircase to the left that winds away from the door, around the wall to a walkway some eight foot above the floor.
Further round a ladder leads from that walkway to another walkway that is about sixteen feet from the floor.
Both are cluttered with various boxes and sacks.

Round 1
Unbar, dodging, spots a goblin [#2] standing among the rafters near the roof, roughly twenty five feet above the floor.
It throws a dagger at the armoured dwarf. [#2, AC5] The dagger going "Boink!" as it vibrates in the wooden wall some seven foot to Unbar's right.
Perhaps distracted by the dagger, the cleric doesn't spot the goblin's colleagues, [#1, #3] one on each walkway as they appear from cover to fire bows.
One arrow skims the Unbar's bearded neck [#1, AC20, 3 pierce] and the other arrow [#3, AC7] breaks against his armour.
Taking advantage of their surprise, the pair with bows slip back into cover to hide and then spring up fror another shot each.
Unbar keeps his eye on one [#1] of them and anticipates where it will emerge. "Goat kisser!" it calls in accented common, loosing an arrow [#1, AC5] which breaks on the dwarven armour..
"Goat dripping!" chimes in the other [#3], faring worse with pronunciation but martially slightly better as its arrow deflect off the dwarf's shoulder without breaking. Both goblins scurry back out of sight.

End of surprise; actions for Round 2 ?

======

Initiatives:
Val 20
Vic 5
Unbar 3
Goblins 2

Goblins init [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3
Goblin stealth DC14 [1d20+6] = 15+6 = 21
Goblin 2 stealth DC14 [1d20+6] = 4+6 = 10
Goblin 2 stealth DC9 [1d20+6] = 9+6 = 15 oops this is goblin 3
Goblin #2 dagger disadvantaged [1d20+4] = 1+4 = 5, [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23, [1d4+2] = 2+2 = 4
Goblin #1 bow [1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20, [1d6+2] = 1+2 = 3
Goblin #3 bow [1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7
Goblin #1 DC14 stealth [1d20+6] = 6+6 = 12
Goblin #3 DC14 stealth [1d20+6] = 17+6 = 23
Golbine #1 bow disadvantaged [1d20+4] = 1+4 = 5, [1d20+4] = 18+4 = 22, [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4
Goblin #3 bow [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14, [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:55 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
Initiative: [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20

I assuming the torch is lit because on one else had a light spell.

Val move in to target any goblin he can see.
Longsword: [1d20+5] = 12+5 = 17
Damage: [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6

Can Val use a bonus action to swing the torch to try to burn a goblin for small damage?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:23 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Unbar did not light or take a torch.
It's dim light inside.
It's fine for Val to have put away the polearm and have a lit torch in one hand before Unbar enters the windmill.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:32 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
Initiative: [1d20] = 5

Vic stays in the back fire bolt ready for any goblin visible from the doorway.

Fire Bolt: Hit, DMG [1d20+5] = 13+5 = 18 [1d10] = 1


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:10 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Round 2

Longsword and torch in hand, Val move into the windmill. Seeing no foes on the ground floor, the large fellow looks upand sees a small foot sticking out from behind a box on the second walkway, about sixteen feet from the floor. It is cluttered with various boxes and sacks. Val dashes up the first open stair, along the first walkway and up the second open stair to stand just under ten foot from the box.

Several heartbeats later Vic moves into the doorway and waits for a clear target.
Unbar remains in the center of the ground floor, being noisy and weaving back and forth.

Less than a breath later, the goblins spring from hiding. All three are now in the area of bright light from Val's torch. Rafter goblin throws a dagger which bounces fairly feebly off Unbar's chaimailed chest. [Goblin #1, AC14, misses] Before the sneaky blighter can tuck back in to hide behind the wooden beamwork Vic's firebolt nicks it with a tiny burn on the arm. [#1: 1HP fire] The second floor goblin fires an arrow which breaks on Val's chain. [Goblin #2: AC14, misses] The green creature scuttles round to the far side of the same walkway and ducks from sight about thrty-five foot ftom Val. First floor goblin shoots Unbar in the back but his sturdy chain mail breaks the arrow harmlessly. [Goblin #3: AC18, misses] The goblins duck into hiding.

Actions for Round 3 ?

======

[u]Initiatives:[/u]
Val 20
Vic 5
Unbar 3
Goblins 2


Renumbered the goblins:
    #1 is in the rafters (24' from the ground),
    #2 is on second walkway (16' from the ground),
    #3 is on first walkway (8' from the ground).
Goblin #1 stealth [1d20+6] = 15+6 = 21
Goblin #2 stealth [1d20+6] = 1+6 = 7
Goblin #3 stealth [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17
Goblin #1 dagger [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14, [1d4+2] = 4+2 = 6 Surpise advantage cancels dodge disadvantage.
Goblin #2 bow [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14, [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8
Goblin #3 bow [1d20+4] = 14+4 = 18, [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7 Surpise advantage cancels dodge disadvantage.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:12 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
Val move into the foe that he can see. attack: [1d20+5] = 6+5 = 11
Damage: [1d8+3] = 8+3 = 11

He he still has movement and the foe is dead.He will move to the rafters if they look safe for him to stand on.


Last edited by counterkid on Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:24 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
Fire Bolt: Hit, DMG [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15 [1d10] = 7


Vic will watch from the doorway, stepping in if he needs to to hit a target, but will stay in the doorway, watching outside and inside.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:32 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 855
Seeing the goblins are not within closing distance for him, unbar will holster his hammer and take up guard position on the door everyone just came through. A gruff "Get em lads!" bursts from his mouth and he readies his spell toll the dead for a goblin that survives one of his allies attacks. (I am assuming the goblins are hidden from sight at the moment and since he is last in the party's initiative
order I have no idea what goblin(s) will be left at his turn)
Wisdom saving throw DC 12
Toll the dead: [1d8] = 1 , [1d12] = 2 d8 for undamaged, d12 for damaged


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:41 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Round 3
Val pursues the goblin on the second walkway and, possibly forgetting it's no longer his polearm, takes a swing but alas the longsword's reach is still five foot distant from the green creature.

Below Unbar holsters his hammer, moves to guard the doorway and emotes gruffly, "Get em lads!" as both the cleric and Vic prepare spells from near the doorway.

Less than a breath later, the goblins again spring from hiding. Rafter goblin throws its final dagger which again bounces feebly off Unbar's chaimailed chest. [Goblin #1, AC12, misses] This goblin's battle ends abruptly as it is simultaneously immolated with a firebolt and struck by the noise from the toll of its final bell. [Goblin #1, 7 fire, 1 nectrotic] The creature falls twenty five feet to "Thwop!" onto the floor, making an unpleasant and expanding puddle.

The goblin on the first floor walkway switches targets and fires at Val. Its arrow easily clears the row of sacks [+2 AC] and passes through the fleshy part of his leg. [Goblin #3, AC23, 4 pierce] The diminutive bowman ducks back into cover and hides. The second floor walkway goblin fires an arrow which, from five foot away, breaks a link in Val's chain. [Goblin #2: AC23, 7 pierce] The green creature again scuttles round to the far side of the same walkway and ducks from sight about thrty-five foot ftom Val.

Actions for Round 4 ?

======

[u]Initiatives:[/u]
Val 20
Vic 5
Unbar 3
Goblins 2

Goblin #1 stealth [1d20+6] = 16+6 = 22
Goblin #2 stealth [1d20+6] = 19+6 = 25
Goblin #3 stealth [1d20+6] = 16+6 = 22
Goblin #1 dagger [1d20+4] = 8+4 = 12, [1d20+4] = 5+4 = 9, [1d4+2] = 1+2 = 3
Goblin #1 WIS save DC12 [1d20-1] = 12-1 = 11
Goblin #2 bow [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6, [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23, [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7
Goblin #3 bow [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23,[1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20, [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:34 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
In round 3 val uses his reaction to trigger stone endurance : he reduce the hit point damage from the second attack by [1d12] = 2 + 3 = 5


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:39 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
next round Val move in closer to corner the goblin. He attacks the goblin with long sword once the goblin peak up making sure the goblin is cornered.
Attack: [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23
Damage: [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:12 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
Any goblin Vic notices will get a firebolt.

Fire Bolt: Hit, DMG [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25 [1d10] = 7
Firebolt Crit [1d10] = 5


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group