Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:32 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:12 pm 
Lord
Lord

Val will pick up the necklace.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:49 am 
King
King

When the pit has been dug Isaril stocks up on arrows. Sorting through them, he finds one that has tiny scrollwork on it.
Runed arrow in hand, he wanders off back to the drawbridge's watchtower. The badger nestles down at the foot of the ladder.

There are still plenty of arrows left.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:48 am 
Lord
Lord

Val will pick up the other arrows. How many does he get?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:33 am 
King
King

If Val cares to count them, 103 arrows remain.
23 of them have seen better days. [-1 to hit & damage]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:34 pm 
Lord
Lord

He will take the good ones.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:56 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Vic will suggest they bundle up the weapons and or other things and try to sell them when they get back to the city.
"Need to fund future endeavours some how!"

Are the three party members alone?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:06 pm 
King
King

=======
Nocturno wrote:
...Are the three party members alone?
There are several opprtunities for that to be so.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:02 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

During one of said opportunities.

"Coup here intercepted this message It was bound to a flying snake."

"Blackstone heavily defended. Heavy orc attacks. Orgre support. X and co dead. Recommend abandon takeover. Find other route. Going BG."

"My little toss to Kella was to see what hand was her dominant, as I believe this was written by a lefty."

"Maybe BG, is Baludr's Gate? Either way looks like we headed off some kind of attack, or occupation. We still need to see if we can gather any townsfolk, and why the stone was stolen..."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:00 pm 
Lord
Lord

Responding to Vic "I got the feeling from talking to Kella earlier that she was going to do her best to throw the scent off of whomever is keeping tabs on them. I'll want to make sure the ring on Xolkin's body is destroyed after the cremation. She seems to think "they" are keeping tabs on the group through it."

When it is time for the cremation, Unbar will apologize as he is not particularly eloquent.
Stepping forward to light the pyre, he says "I know not what kind of man Xolkin was in his life. I know not what great deeds he had done nor what deeds haunted his soul. I do know how he chose to spend his last moments and I respect his choice to defend this place from those that would prey upon it. Life forges your soul through the decisions you make and at the end in Xolkin, I saw a soul that was forged well."

Once the pyre is lit he turns to Kella. "Your wondering if anyone up there listens." He pauses as he pulls something out from a pocket "I know someone listens." he says as he hands her a pendant.

He hands her a pendant in the shape of a hammer with a platinum coin in the center of the head. The same coin she had given him earlier. One side is the same as before but the face is now Xolkin's with a tiny diamond winking where his eyes would be. The pendant itself is a meld of various metals - bronze, gold, copper, iron, mithril, platinum, it would take a metalsmith to identify them all - the metals seem to seamlessly flow from one to another. Rather than a chain, the melded metals make up an intricate braid with which to hang the pendant.

He shrugs sheepishly after giving it to her and mutters "I'm better with metals than words."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:48 pm 
King
King

At any attempt to remove Xolkin's ring Kella wrings her hands and then says firmly, "No. He must be interred with the ring. It's important."

When all is ready for the cremation Kella nods, looking through watery eyes as the flames catch. Candy puts an arm around her as Unbar speaks. Eloquent or not, Unbar's words seems sufficient. Freddy stands back a little just staring into the flames. The flames build quickly and less pleasant odours overcome those of burning wood and oil. The heat is enough to drive people back but Freddy has to physically pull Kella away.

A little later Kella receives the pendant from Unbar. She bursts into tears which sets Candy off too. The redhead manages to mouth the words, "Thank you.." to the dwarf.

It's been a long day.

======
Anything folks want to squeeze in before night falls?
Otherwise everyone can gain the benefits of a Long Rest as night arrives, passes and turns into morning..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:45 pm 
Lord
Lord

Unbar will attempt to have a private conversation with Kella after the cremation in order to explain the nuances (abilities) of the pendant.

He will set a watch by the pyre as he is determined to see to it that the ring Kella spoke of is destroyed. If any question him he uses his faith as a reason to stay.
He is mainly trying to make sure that if the ring survives the cremation, no one is taking it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:20 am 
King
King

Kella seems surprised about the pendant but pleasantly so. When the conversation turns to the ring she seems more concerned. Looking around she says quietly, "No, please leave the ring alone. Leave it with him. Either none of this make any difference or else any that come after it using magesight will find that he has.. passed on.. and is beyond questioning. There is no need to keep watch over the ring. Just none of us should touch it again." The redhead is reluctant even for this much discussion on the topc and won't elaborate. "Strangely I trust you. Please keep all this, about the ring, to yourself." She tentatively gives his head a clumsy hug. "Thank you. For the pendant and for all of it."

After supper, more vegetable stew, Kella and Candy retreat to the upstairs bedroom previously appropriated by Kella. Freddy is banished to the stable loft. Isaril returns to the drawbridge watchtower for the night.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:39 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Once everyone else is gone.
"Well, I'm not sure what they were about, but it seems we have stopped any kind of plans to attack. So we should probably find the townsfolk."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:02 am 
King
King

Night arrives, passes uneventfully and turns into morning..
Apples and very dry bread are available for breakfast.

What next?

======
Everyone gains the benefits of a Long Rest.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:39 am 
Lord
Lord

Back on our trip to find the townsfolf.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

Advanced search