PlanetADnD.com
http://padnd.com/forums/

Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
http://padnd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=3376
Page 14 of 22

Author:  Chris1234 [ Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Val notices that the next wooden cottage, just to the south, shows no sign of having been ransacked, at least insofar as the door and window are still closed. (The goblins have left pretty much all of the other doors open.)

He also heard a frantic clucking, probably one or more hens, from somewhere to the north before the sound is drowned out by the bell.

Author:  Nocturno [ Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"Anyone have an idea of how this many rocks fell on this town?"

Author:  Chris1234 [ Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"Haven't been counting," says Isaril (in elven). "Over ten. Maybe thirty?"

Author:  Squirrellord [ Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Unbar leaves the body of the halfling and and comments curtly "Herbalism kit" at the equipment Vic reveals. "Stick together and head to the next building or head to the ringing bell?" Unbar queries his companions

Author:  Chris1234 [ Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Isaril waits for Vic

Author:  Nocturno [ Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"If they are busy ringing the bell, they aren't busy attacking us."

Author:  counterkid [ Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"Let's go to the next building. It hasn't been ransacked from what I can tell."

Author:  Chris1234 [ Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Isaril nods and approaches the single-story wooden building twenty feet to the south. [#4F]

The cottage has locked shutters over its windows. The door, which is also locked, has row upon row of ornate runes burned into it.
Attachment:
[#4F] door runes.png
[#4F] door runes.png [ 15.19 KiB | Viewed 499 times ]

Author:  Nocturno [ Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"Anyone understand that?"

Author:  counterkid [ Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Arcane check to see if Val read the symbols: [1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19

Val also wants to check for traps on the door: Investigation [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7

Val will use his thieve tools to pick the lock as he is proficient with them. He will do this after other have had a chance to investigate the door and the symbols: [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19

Chris, the 19 was the dex check with the thief's tools. Actually it should be 16+5 = 21

Author:  Chris1234 [ Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Isaril shakes his head. He checks the window shutters and confirms that they are locked.

The burned runes do not form any aracne language which which Val is familiar. He declares the door to be free of traps and kneels down to start work on the lock.

======
Anyone wishing to experiment with the strange runes can do so.
Val's good technique earns him GM Inspiration.

Author:  Nocturno [ Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"Hold on big guy." He will put his hand on Val's shoulder.
For the runes: Arcana: [1d20+4] = 15+4 = 19


Vic will knock on the door.
"Hello?!" in his best friendly common tone

Author:  Chris1234 [ Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Vic doesn't recognize the runes.
Knocking on the door produces an appropriate sound.
Talking to the door produces no response.

What next?

Author:  Nocturno [ Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"Ok, continue my friend."

Author:  counterkid [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Val continue as indicated below to pick the lock on the door.

Page 14 of 22 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/