Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:27 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:20 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7278
Val starts working on the lock.

======
Dexterity skill check for Val, please. Thieves Tool proficiency applies (and requires the appropriate Tools)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:51 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 739
Chris1234 wrote:
Val starts working on the lock.

======
Dexterity skill check for Val, please. Thieves Tool proficiency applies (and requires the appropriate Tools)


al will use his thieve tools to pick the lock as he is proficient with them. He will do this after other have had a chance to investigate the door and the symbols: [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19

Chris, the 19 was the dex check with the thief's tools. Actually it should be 16+5 = 21


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:34 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7278
Val wrestles with the lock's internals for less time than it takes him to get his tools out before being rewarded with a very audible "Click!" A good lock, but Val is better.

======
Ah! Thx; I'd read that as Val's Investigation of the runes. My mistake.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:44 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5707
Vic will take two steps back before Val opens the door.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:31 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 739
Val opens the door. If nothing happens he looks inside and says. "Anybody home. We are here to help. Don't be alarmed or afraid of my appearance."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:24 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7278
The door opens easily to reveal a ten foot square front room that serves as a kitchen and dining area with a ten by fifteen foot back bedroom. There are two separate beds sized for humans. No one appears to be at home.

***
If the cottage is searched the only vaguely interesting thing is a closed wooden chest underneath the bed.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:47 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 739
Val will search the cottage.

Perception check on the chest:
[1d20+2] = 9+2 = 11

Investigation check on the chest for traps.
[1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2

"Gang, I'm not seeing any traps on this chest. Do you see anything funny?"

If no one finds a trap, Val will try to open it. Is it locked?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:13 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5707
Vic won't be looking for things to loot but he will look around.

He will be looking for evidence of who lived here, and if they took things when they left.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:49 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7278
Isaril stands guard outside with, presumably, Unbar.

Vic steps forward to rejoin Val and looks aorund the cottage. He doesn't see a trap but does note that the occupants, seeming a medium-sized male and female, but perhaps not a couple, left no obvious evidence of having left in a rush. A pair of backpacks hanging on on the wall allow the tentative assumption that the oweners are not absent on travels.

Meanwhile Val tests the chest and raises the lid microscopically. Nothing happens other than proving that the chest is not locked. Plucking up his courage the big man flips the lid back to reveal a grey ring, enamelled red and black, a healer's kit, and a smalll glass bottle of crimson, bubbling liquid.
Attachment:
Gray ring, enamelled red and blacked.png
Gray ring, enamelled red and blacked.png [ 74.6 KiB | Viewed 361 times ]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:52 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5707
"Anything interesting?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 739
"I found a ring, a healers kit and a bottle. It might be a potion. Have a look."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:04 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 797
Unbar is indeed standing guard with the elf outside.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:24 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5707
"Interesting." Vic will look them over. If he doesn't figure out anything remarkable about them he will say. "Stow it for now. We should probably keep moving."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:31 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7278
After quitting the cottage [#4F] and the group converge back together Isaril points to the northeast, adding in elven, "Squawking noises over there."

The group examines the items, finding the healer's kit to be completelty standard, and Vic determines the red, bubbly liquid to be a Potion of Healing [4d4+4]. Val thinks the ring is hard silver, no hidden function or compartment but really well made; probably worth about seven suns. Unbar recognises the monogram as a Holy Symbol of Asmodeus.

Meanwhile Isaril, guarding off to the northeast, surprises a goblin that emerges from the watchtower. [#2D] The surprise is delivered in the form of an arrow shaft through the neck. Something tiny that flashes silver in the afternoon sun drops from dead hands as the goblin collapses silently. Isaril nocks another arrow ready, but nothing else emerges from the tower. [#2D]

What next?

======
Isaril stealth [1d20+6] = 13+6 = 19
Goblin ""Gwerk" Perception [1d20-1] = 9-1 = 8
Isaril bow advantaged [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17, [1d20+6] = 8+6 = 14
Isaril arrow dam [1d6+4] = 3+4 = 7


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:52 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 739
Chris: you are saying that it`s a Potion of greater healing 4d4+ 4?

If no one pipe up Val will pocked the ring and potion. "I will keep these safe for us." "Vic, here is a potion of healing if you want it. I will keep this one as I may need it more than you." Val will reach in his backpack and hand over a potion of healing to Vic.

"Isaril, you hear some noise. Can we sneak up on them?" Val prepare his crossbow. Let's head out towards the noise.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group