Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:01 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
"You keep both. I have one, and I shouldn't need it."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:10 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Isaril looks blankly at Val and then asks Vic in elven, "Is the big man wanting healing? Or any of you?"

======
counterkid wrote:
Chris: you are saying that it`s a Potion of greater healing 4d4+ 4?...
Correct


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:46 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
"He is wondering if you heard anything else."

Unless in combat Vic eill translate everything.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
"No," replies the druid. "I've got the tower," as he points with his bow at the tower from which the now-dead goblin just emerged. "You three check out that building." [#7] He indicates the two story wooden building just to the north and then dashes quietly as the wind towards the tower.

======
Ok on translation (assuming proximity).


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:18 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
Val starts moving towards #7


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:39 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
"Ok." Vic starts to moves to 7, Unbar in tow. "This way."

Vic will slant towards the tower, then break off towards 7, using 7 to as cover from 8.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:42 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 855
Unbar follows Vic and Val, trying to keep up to the larger fellows.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:04 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Val opens the large doors to the two-storey wooden barn to dsicover that it is a dirt-floored stable. There is an unshuttered window above the doorway.
Hanging on the walls are bits, bridles, and leather saddles.
Two wooden ladders allow easy access to the hayloft.
Further half a dozen horses are confined to the wooden stalls that line the north and south walls.
There is a hole in the barn's roof and a crater in the floor beneath it.
Attachment:
Stables.png
Stables.png [ 17.95 KiB | Viewed 541 times ]
Key: 5' squares; light gray = floor, darker gray = stalls, yellow = hay loft

What next?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:40 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
"Vic, tell Isaril to keep and eye on the loft and have his bow ready."
"Unbar keep an eye overhead in the loft."
"Vic, your with me, we are going to look at this stalls." Val pull out his Halberd and puts away his crossbow.
"Lets be careful not to scare the horses. We are going to look at four first stalls. We are not going to enter them at this point. Also, let's see how deep this crater is."

Val and Vic will look through the stalls to see if they can find anything interesting or a goblin hiding in the stalls. They are also going to make sure to inspect the crater to see how deep it is and determined if we can free the horses if need be.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:21 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
"I don't think yelling over to the tower is a good idea. But the rest sounds good."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:59 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
Isn't Isaril coming into the building with us?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:53 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 855
Giving Val's instructions a quick think through, Unbar's only concern has already been voiced by Vic so he shrugs acceptance and positions himself just inside the door leading outside so he has a good vantage point on both the hayloft and the outdoors.

=============
OOC - The druid went to the tower Counterkid


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:21 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7473
Val and Vic enter the stables and start looking into the stalls while Unbar takes a position just inside thebarm and gazes up at the hayloft with sideways glances to the outside.

Counting away from the doors, Val sees:
    North 1 - empty
    North 2 - Riding horse
    North 3 - Riding horse
    North 4 - empty
    North 5 - Draft horse
    North 6 - empty
    and a three foot wide rock at the bottom of the hole in the dirt floor.

Counting away from the doors, Vic counts:
    South 1 - Riding horse
    South 2 - empty
    South 3 - empty
    South 4 - Draft horse
    South 5 - empty
    South 6 - Draft horsee

Unbar hears squawking from outside the barn, possibly chickens, but doesn't see anything new until an arrow darts down from between the hay bales in southern part of the hayloft.
Beyond the snickering and hoof-stamping of the inmates Val doesn't notice anything untoward until an arrow just misses his hip and thunks into the wooden stall. The arrow is angled back towards the southern hayloft. Vic glimpses the shaft as it passes overhead and then just catches the sound of hurried footsteps above. Looking up shows only numerous hay-bales seemingly randomly placed with many gaps between them.
Attachment:
Stables.png
Stables.png [ 22.2 KiB | Viewed 520 times ]
Key: 5' squares; light gray = floor, darker gray = stalls, yellow = hay loft; "X"= approximate position from which arrow was fired.

What next?

======
X stealth advantaged [1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13, [1d20+6] = 4+6 = 10
X arrow advantaged [1d20+4] = 9+4 = 13, [1d20+4] = 6+4 = 10, [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:41 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
Vic is going to go back around the corner to the West, and press his back up against the wall. Hoping he has enough cover to not be seen from directly above.

"Val, get your ass up there!"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:12 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
Val will use the dash action to get to the top of the loft. He will pull out his long sword at the top.
Perception check at the top: What does he see: He will tell the group what he sees.
[1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7

Initiative: [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 31  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group