PlanetADnD.com
http://padnd.com/forums/

Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
http://padnd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=3376
Page 17 of 31

Author:  Chris1234 [ Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

======
Does Val go up the northern ladder ? Or southern ladder?

Author:  counterkid [ Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

South

Author:  Chris1234 [ Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Val dashes back and climbs the southern ladder. Just reaching the hay loft the large man sees an irregular jumble of bay bales, some stacked, some not, often only a one or two foot gap between them; plenty of room for a small person, but difficult terrain for a medium creature and sometimes constricted if encumbered or in bulky armour. There is no sign of another humanoid in the loft.

Author:  Squirrellord [ Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

As Val clambers up the southern ladder Unbar calls out "You got the right side Val. I didn't see anyone, it might be a spooked friendly."

Author:  counterkid [ Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Val will call out in common. "Is anyone there? We are here to help please come out." "I have some food for you if you are hungry." Val puts his sword away and reaches for a ration.

Author:  Chris1234 [ Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Round 1:

After Vic takes cover and while Val climbs the southern ladder Unbar holds position while warning Vic about 'friendly fire'.
Complying, Val puts his sword away and reaches for a ration, imploring, "Is anyone there? We are here to help please come out. I have some food for you if you are hungry."
Shifting his weight from foot to foot he notices that the covering of hay muffles his normally clanking footsteps but that the wood groans a bit under his weight.

Meanwhile, nothing happens.

Then there is a burst of activity about twenty feet in front of Val as something green fires a missile and then disappears back behind the bale and scurries somewhere, possibly away, but certainly out of sight.
The arrow pierces the mountain man's chain mail. [AC23, 8 pierce] He rcognises the creature: a goblin. Those below hear the "Thwack!" of a bow and any noise from Val but nothing otherwise.

Attachment:
Stables.png
Stables.png [ 23.39 KiB | Viewed 601 times ]
Key: 5' squares; light gray = floor, darker gray = stalls, yellow = hay loft; "X"= approximate position from which arrow was fired (prior to subsequent movement).

Actions for round 2, and remaining initiatives, please.

======
Initiatives:
Goblin (X) 17
Val 16
Vic??
Unbar??

X initiative [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17
X stealth advantaged [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17, [1d20+6] = 8+6 = 14
X bow advantaged [1d20+4] = 1+4 = 5, [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23, [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8

***
The hay loft is difficult terrain for Val.
If Unbar continues scanning the hay loft [in round 2] then he needs a Perception skill check please.

Author:  Squirrellord [ Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Val? Friend or foe?

Author:  counterkid [ Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"I'm hit. Goblin. I need help."

Val will move forward full movement pull out his Halberd with a reach of 10' and swing at the goblin if he can see him.
Attack: [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15
damage: [1d10+3] = 1+3 = 4 Val has great weapon fighting so he can reroll any 1s or 2s, here is the reroll.
[1d10+3] = 10+3 = 13

As a bonus action Val will use Second Wind to gain hp : [1d10] = 4 + 1 = 5

Author:  Nocturno [ Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Initiative: [1d20] = 15

Vic will climb the ladder.

Think it is best to not burn down the barn full of hay Vic will fire a frost bolt if the goblin presents a target.

Ray of Frost: To Hit: [1d20+5] = 2+5 = 7 Dmg: [1d8] = 3

"Don't be jumping to hard there Val, or you might be visiting the horses below."

Author:  Chris1234 [ Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Is Vic climbing the northern ladder?

Author:  Nocturno [ Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

No, he is following Val up the south one. He is behind Val in initiative so it should work.

Author:  Chris1234 [ Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

Round 2:

In response to Unbar’s, “Val? Friend or foe?” Val replies, "I'm hit. Goblin. I need help."
The monk equips his halberd and dashes through the difficult terrain with no sign of the foe.

Vic walks across the dirt floor, encouraging Val with, "Don't be jumping to hard there Val, or you might be visiting the horses below," and climbs the ladder after Val. He prepares a Frost spell which is triggered only seconds later when the goblin [X} pops up to surprise Val, but unfortunately aims poorly and just puts a white patch on the barn wall.

Taking no notice of the spell, the goblin tries to finish off Val but the latter’s chainmail turns the arrow aside. Perhaps not realising the mountain man’s enormous reach, the goblin tries to scamper off, only to have its head cleaved in twain by Val’s opportunistic halberd. [X, AC15, 13 slash dam]

There are no other foes here so far as anyone is aware.

Attachment:
Stables.png
Stables.png [ 21.08 KiB | Viewed 587 times ]
Key: 5' squares; light gray = floor, darker gray = stalls, yellow = hay loft; "X"= approximate position from which arrow was fired (prior to subsequent movement).

End of combat. Each PC gains 20xp What next?

======
Initiatives:
Val 16
Vic 15
Goblin (X) 14
Unbar??

Goblin stealth advantaged [1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13, [1d20+6] = 4+6 = 10 beats Val’s Passive Per 12 but not Vic’s 14. (Unbar is disadvantaged for sight into the hay loft so effective PP is 10.)
Goblin bow advantaged [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14, [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11, [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7

***
To avoid splitting rounds, which is a bit clunky, I’ve slipped the goblin’s initiative to after those in the hay loft.


***
Unless I'm missing something, I think Val has already used Second Wind today:
counterkid wrote:
...Val attack the wolf with the halberd [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15
damage: [1d10+3] = 4+3 = 7 Val will use his bonus action to the second wind feature and regain [1d10+1] = 10+1 = 11 ...

Author:  Nocturno [ Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"We should probably finish off checking it out up here." Vic will look across the way to the other side of the loft.
He will move so he can have mostly cover with the bales the goblin was using for cover.

Author:  Squirrellord [ Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"You need me to come up?" Unbar calls hesitantly while glancing outside once more

Author:  counterkid [ Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country

"I'm hurt so I'm going to drink a potion of healing unless we have a lot of heals left."

Potion of Healing: [1d4] = 4[1d4] = 1+2 = 7 hps

Val wants to climb down from the loft and continue to investigate the other stalls with Vic if passing the crater is safe.

"If think it would be good to take these horse with us. We could sell them." "Let's come back for them."

Page 17 of 31 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/