Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:18 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:24 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7474
Unbar keeps guard while Val decends the ladder to investigate the other stalls and Vic searches the hay loft.

Before Val and Vic have finsihed, Unbar sees someone appraoch - it's Isaril. He stands guard also.

Val finds three riding horses, three draft horses in good order and a dead riding horse, and a sizeable rock in the floor's crater. There are no more goblins in the hay loft but Vic finds that the dead one has a bow, four arrows, a money pouch and a fine quality satchel.

When Vic returns to translate isaril says, "Two more goblins in the field just to the north!"


What next?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:57 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
Vic will bring with him the Arrows the satchel and pouch. Attaching them to his belt, and giving the arrows to Isaril.

"Have they seen us?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:58 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7474
"Thanks. No."
Attachment:
Blackstone E.png
Blackstone E.png [ 597.14 KiB | Viewed 730 times ]

======
OOC: Reference for the pouch and satchel is "#7"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
We are in 7 right?
============///====================

"Let's try to take them out quick with ranged. Then head to the tower to the North."


Attachments:
Blackstone 2.jpg
Blackstone 2.jpg [ 107.67 KiB | Viewed 734 times ]
Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:46 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7474
Nocturno wrote:
...We are in 7 right?...
Correct


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:11 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 855
At Val's suggestion they come back for the horses to take them and sell them, Unbar speaks up. "Unless I've missed a lot of bodies, I don't think the majority of the people who live in this town are dead. The buildings are mostly intact and the dead I have seen are either goblins who have died by our hand or the odd person cursed with the misfortune of being on the wrong side of a falling boulder. Let us focus on driving out any remaining goblins, afterwards we can decide on whether stealing from any possible survivors is a good idea."
Turning to the wild elf Unbar finishes off with "Lead on Isaril." knowing full well the elf probably won't understand but wanting to finish the conversation and move on.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:46 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7474
When Vic points, Isaril nods and leads the group out of the barn amd north towards a noisy squawking sound. Pausing at the corner he points with his bow while drawing an arrow to a pair of goblins in the field [#4C] just to the north..
Attachment:
Blackstone E.png
Blackstone E.png [ 597.14 KiB | Viewed 728 times ]
Juging by the churned up mud, this field was used for raising pigs. It contains some feeding troughs, chicken coops and a fenced in single story wooden house [#4C]. Any pigs have escaped and goblins are abusing two of the reamining chickens. Several chickens are already dead.

A two story stone building [#8] can be seen to the north west, a graveyard [#6B] to the north, and a watchtowwer [#2C] to the north east.

Another goblin emerges from behind the eastern side of the farmhouse [#4C] and starts to point to the southwest (in your direction).

======
Initiatives & actions/rolls for round 1, please.
Anyone making a stealth check DC10 gains advantage on initaitive.


Isaril stealth DC10 [1d20+6] = 18+6 = 24
Isaril initiative advantaged [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23, [1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20
Isaril bow advantaged [1d20+6] = 3+6 = 9, [1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26, [1d8+4] = 8+4 = 12
Isaril bow crit [1d8] = 1


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:25 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 845
Stealth disadvantage [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17
[1d20+3] = 15+3 = 18
Advantage on initiative:
[1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17
[1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5

What is our actual distance from the goblins at this point?
Crossbow: [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17
damage: [1d8+1] = 1+1 = 2

After firing the crossbow Val wants to move close to building 7 (beside the wall) to gain cover from arrows. Is that possible?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:18 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7474
======
counterkid wrote:
...What is our actual distance from the goblins at this point?...
(20+2d10)' after you see them. It leaves you with 2d6' of Speed (movement) remaining.

counterkid wrote:
...After firing the crossbow Val wants to move close to building 7 (beside the wall) to gain cover from arrows. Is that possible? [/i]
Sure.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:45 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
Which corner of the building are we at? If not opposite of the tower Vic would suggest that.

Stealth: [1d20] = 17
Initiative: [1d20] = 4
Initiative: [1d20] = 11
With low initiative Vic will fire bolt a goblin who is hurt, or if one is unhurt he will use chaos bolt. I'll do some rolls once we see how Unbar does.

He will pop out to shoot, then back around the corner for cover, farther down than Val.

Fire Bolt: Hit, DMG [1d20+5] = 2+5 = 7 [1d10] = 9


Last edited by Nocturno on Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:06 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7474
====
Nocturno wrote:
Which corner of the building are we at? ...
Isaril took the group out of the stable [#7], turn right, then looking into the field [#4C], so he's at the NW corner of #7, looking NE from SW corner of the field


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:23 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
Perfect, thanks.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:28 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 855
Stealth(0)Disadvantage: [1d20] = 11 , [1d20] = 8
Initiative(0): [1d20] = 11
Unbar will hold his action (toll the dead on a goblin he has visual on) until Vic, Val and Isaril have attacked.
Wisdom saving throw vs DC12
Unhurt damage is Toll the Dead: [1d8] = 4 or previously hurt damage is Toll the Dead: [1d12] = 4


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:24 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7474
Round 1

Isaril put an arrow through throat of the pointing goblin. [#1: AC26, crit! 13 pierce] Almost before the deceased goblin hits the ground the nimble druid nips forwards into cover of the west wall of the farm building. [#4C]

As the dead goblin hits the ground and before the other pair take their attention away from chickens Val’s quarrel scores a bloody line across the forearm of the nearer goblin. [#3: AC17, 2 pierce] It howls in pain, dropping its captive chicken to clutch its arm as Val retreats to the cover of the barn.

Unbar advances to the field’s picket fence, puts away his warhammer, makes some intricate hand gestures and then concentrates. Vic moves clear of the barn and lets fly with a bolt of fire but scorches the picket fence instead of the wounded goblin. This triggers Unbar’s spell release: a doleful bell sound that may be heard from maybe a hundred feet away! The tough little goblin shakes off the effect. Vic retreats to the cover of the barn.

The pair of goblins [#2, #3] scarper, shouting and hollering, out through the open gate in the fence, past Val, and disappear into the two story stone building [#8] leaving the back door open behind them..

Attachment:
Blackstone F.png
Blackstone F.png [ 918.06 KiB | Viewed 708 times ]
Key: 10' squares

Actions (& rolls) for Round 2?

======

[i]Initiatives
Isaril 24
Pointing goblin #1 19 [dead]
Val 17
Unbar 12
Vic 11
Chicken goblins #2-#3 3

***
Goblin init [1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19
Goblins disadvantaged with chickens [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3, [1d20+2] = 18+2 = 20
Goblin WIS save DC12 [1d20-1] = 13-1 = 12
Goblin #2, #3 positions [2d6+10] = 11+10 = 21, [2d6+10] = 3+10 = 13


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:19 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5869
"I don't think we have much of a choice. I got your back big man."

Once he sees a Goblin he will fire a Firebolt.

Fire Bolt: Hit, DMG [1d20+5] = 12+5 = 17 [1d10] = 9


Last edited by Nocturno on Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group