Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:28 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:47 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Viv drops the rope and moves twenty feet east across the hallway to look through the southwestern doorway to see an L-shaped room, perhaps twenty by twenty feet overall, with shuttered windows in the south and east walls with a large hole in the roof and floor. There's no sign of Unbar but a red-haired female stands behind an overturned desk and chair tucked under the window in the northeast corner of the room. She wears a rough brown robe and holds a small crossbow. Val moves up to look over Vic's shoulder (and sees exactly the same).

======
Vic still has 10' of movement and an action remaining before Unbar has to make a Death Saving Throw; moving 5' closer would allow Vic to look down the hole in the floor.
Val has an action (but no movement) remaining before Unbar has to make a Death Saving Throw.

Re edit for Unbar - agreed as per PHB197:
Damage taken when already "below" 0HP is an automative failed death save (and a crit counts as two failed death saves.)
I'm stipulating that the poison damage was part of the crossow bolt dam, hence only 1 set of dam (4HP from the fall) was recieved after being reduced to 0HP, so Unbar has 1 failed save so far (rather than 1 from the poion and a 2nd one from the fall).
If nothing else changes in his condition then at the start of his next turn, if still at 0HP, Unbar will have to make another Death Saving Throw.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:08 am 
Prince
Prince

Seeing the figure, Vic pauses, then moves to the edge of the hole. He looks again at the figure.

"Watch that one!"

He moves forward. Saying a prayer, and lets gravity take it's hold on his body.

Dex Check: [1d20] = 16

Vic steps over the edge, tucks, rolls and attempts to stabilize Unbar.
Medicine: [1d20+2] = 9+2 = 11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:28 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Val will be direct with the brown robes. "Why would you kill me new friend. You should look before reacting." "Help Vic save his life."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:16 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"Willingly. On my way," the redhead sasys back to Val as she grabs a backpack and lowers it down to VIc with the aid of a walking stick. "Here! Make him drink the red one."

If Vic looks in the pack there is a small bottle of red, bubbling liquid and a small bottle of transaprent liquid. The red one has the symbol of Mielikki on its wax seal.

======
If used the red potion will restore 12HP.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:50 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

After the redhead gives the potion to Vic, Val says to her as he follows her down the stairs.
"I'm Valdamir, my friends call me Val. What has happened here in this town and why are you by yourself?" Giving her time to respond. After her response he jumps in again and says: "Where did you get that crossbow I sure would like to get one of those."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:18 pm 
Prince
Prince

Vic will receive the pack, and pull out the red one.

Placing it at Unbar's lips he will pour it in his mouth while holding his head.

"Drink up."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:50 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

She rolls her eyes as she answers, "I know it sounds mad but 'tis truth: I was watching the folks in the town when it started raining rocks. Big rocks. They were being dropped by big, big men from a castle on a cloud. Giants, they were like giants. People started to run to safety. Some cave. I came to collect my stuff and then the roof exploded. Next thing I knew it was the bell ringing and I spied a goblin. Got him good." She looks at Unbar much as to say 'just like you', but she bites her tongue.
"The crossbow? Made by a master craftsman from Farglewood harvested from the far off jungles of Chult. It's yours for 300 gold!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:51 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

"For that price I will stick with my Halberd"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:51 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Unbar groans.
A long drawn out groan.
He then slowly gets his feet under himself.
"Ow."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:33 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

"I'm Keller," says the redhead. "Can I have my pack back? What's your plan?"

======
Apart from searching the fallen or looting the kitchen there's nothing much else to discover downstairs. Upstairs rooms have been viewed but not searched.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:43 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

"Keller, I like your name. What can you tell us about the ringing bell? Do you know why it is ringing?" Val grabs the backpack from Vic and hands it over to Keller using the halberd to lift it through the hole in the ceiling.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:37 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Unbar extends a hand towards the lady in greeting "Well met Keller, my name is Unbar. Secure the safety of the town and then try to make sure the townsfolk and the elves in these woods don't start trying to kill each other." He gives a weak chuckle "Shouldn't run into any problems eh?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:02 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

She replies to Val, "My thanks," and courtsies, then accepting the backpack and starting to put it on.
"The bell is from the temple of Lanthander and Mielikki. It is rope-pull. I have no idea."

Picking up her small crossbow Keller disappears from view to descend the stairs and join Unbar. "My apologies, Sir Dwarf, not so much for the physical harm as for mistaking you for a goblin."
She smiles a bright and rather charming smile. "Unbar. A strong name. You wear it well." She ponders his later words. "My father ensured that I was well able."
Keller shares her smile with Vic and Val, "Well, I'm sure you have it in hand so I will leave the town's security in your capable hands. I shall return to the room where we met. You might want to knock before entering again."

Unless stopped she retreats to the same (south-eastern) bedroom and closes the roor.

What next?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:54 am 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

"Let's go back to the north-west door and go through the chest."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:28 am 
Prince
Prince

"Ok, I left my rope up there anyway."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next

Advanced search