Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:44 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:34 pm 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 958
Val will look for a water source and bowl so he can clean his hands. After that he will see what is available for cooking. Is there a grill to cook on? What kind of food supplies are left behind?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:03 pm 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7717
Water for cleaning and grill for cooking are in evidence.
All in all it's a well appointed kktchen, just been a bit messed up.
There are appropriate foodstuffs for frontier town meals, even the occasional touch of luxury.

What meal does Woody want to prepare?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:37 pm 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 958
A meat, potato and carrot stew.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:09 pm 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 954
Once Unbar secures some planking he thinks will suit his needs for spanning the gap in the bridge, he heads over to the inn to join his companions for the meal Val prepared.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:21 am 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7717
Vic waits for a short while before Val joind him at the inn.
Val nods and then sets to examining the kitchen, clearing up some of the mess and lays things out ready to make a wholesome stew which will take perhaps half an hour to prepare but some hours to cook properly.

The stew will be cooking away merrily before Unbar turns up.

What, if anything, will Vic do in the mean time?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:25 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6164
First he will go look at the chest Val couldn't open. And try his crowbar.

Then He will go knock on the door and ask the person inside if they would like to join them for dinner.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:54 am 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7717
Vic reopens the north door to the left to reveal what was once an L-shaped room, perhaps twenty by twenty feet overall, with shuttered windows in the north and west walls.
Most of the furnishings seem to have been detroyed by something, presumably a rock, that smashed the northwest corner of the inn.
Hanging on the east wall is a tapestry depicting a mountain landscape, and tucked under the window in the southeast corner is a wooden chest.
There is some, albeit not much, remaining of the floor to walk on around the edge of the room.

***
The chest looks closed and sturdy.
Trying to lift the lid would confirm Val's earlier efforts: it's locked.

======
It's an Athletics skill check to move around the edge of the room to reach the chest.
Forcing the chest is an Athletics skill check; with advantage if using a crowbar.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:54 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6164
Athletics(0): [1d20] = 2

I'm guessing Vic does not reach the chest...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:44 am 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7717
======
Acrobatics skill check to try and break the fall rather than himself..


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:03 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6164
Acrobatics(0): [1d20] = 5


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:36 pm 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7717
Vic slips to the ground floor but tucks and rolls with it. [1HP dam]

What next?

======
Vic falls [1d4] = 2


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:03 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6164
He will smile at any of the group assembled in the room he fell into.

And them quickly move back up to the room with the closed door.

"We are stopping here for dinner. Would you care to join?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:09 pm 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7717
After a brief pause and the sound of a wedge being removed, the door opens and Vic gets a red-headed charming smile, "Well, thank you. I'd be delighted."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:33 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6164
Vic will go get the elf's attention in the tower.

He will help set up a dining area.

To the occupant of the room: "Can you describe how these rocks fell? Or how/when the goblins came to town? Or; Where the townsfolk went. Lastly, do you know if anyone is in the keep?"

=====///====
What was their race again?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2A - A Jaunt Into The Country
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:41 pm 
Online
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7717
She replies, "I heard some noise outside and then saw through the window: one then another rock falling straight down. Then the room collapsed and that's the last thing I remember before waking up to hear something that, turns out, was a goblin poking around downstairs. I shot him and hid up here. Then you arrived." She shakes her head to indicate no idea about Vic's other two questions.

======
SHe's human. The town's inhabitants are mostly human with a number of halflings. The inn is run by a dwarf.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group