Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:59 am

Advanced search




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:12 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6172
Rayman and GG along with Lorbin and their ward enter the temple.
Attachment:
entry.png
entry.png [ 1.24 MiB | Viewed 7566 times ]

(Replace the folks at the end of the hall with 2 duos of Tritons and Water Elementals standing guard and a large arching doorway. The large wooden iron bound doors opened all the way.)

Just as they are seated, or in a position to stop and check their surroundings the other party enters the building.

Yongoth leads the trio and lord into the temple.

"Yongoth you salty old codger you almost beat us here this time." Lorbin will say lightheartedly.

"Lorbin, brother! You look like you have aged 10 years since I saw you just a month ago!"

The Dwarves embrace in a hearty handshake.

Shortly after the Dwarves greet each other the young Lords will let back their hoods.

"Foggy! I was worried I was going to be dealing with ol' Frugal!" Exclaims Lunmumi.

"You better not let him hear you calling him that Lun!" Fogworth returns.

They also will greet each with a somewhat intricate handshake.

The young Lords will look over their counterparts bodyguards.

"Three guards? Are your parents really that worried?" Fogworth quips.

Before Lunmumi can respond the loud crack of the guards heels hitting the floor in attention sounds.

Through the door you will see a Female Triton obviously a priestess of Umberlee.

"Please follow me."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:49 pm 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7729
GG stays alert, eyes everywhere, cue from Lrbin, staying close to the Lord as is appropriate.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:31 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6172
"AH, Fimlyn, a pleasure as always."
Attachment:
triton cleric.jpg
triton cleric.jpg [ 45.21 KiB | Viewed 7559 times ]


She raises her eybrow.
"I'm sure it is." She turns around. "Follow me." She will say in an exasperated tone.

Following her into the altar room you will see a large very interesting room.
Attachment:
wateraltar.png
wateraltar.png [ 1.07 MiB | Viewed 7559 times ]


Double guards at each doorway, marked by X.
Attachment:
WTemple.jpg
WTemple.jpg [ 187.05 KiB | Viewed 7559 times ]


Your footfalls echo in the chamber, accompanied by drips and gurgling water.

She leads you to the meeting room.
Attachment:
meetroom.jpg
meetroom.jpg [ 582.84 KiB | Viewed 7559 times ]


Lorbin and Yongoth both quickly do a circuit around the room, clearly checking for something. They both seem to have special glasses on. Both seem satisfied with their inspection.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:40 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7729
GG maintains his guarding as before, including looking up.

=======
OOC: The atmospheric pix are superb


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:47 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3009
Flatbelly wonders why Lorbin has aged so much in one month... Obviously they are worried about the refugees or the Blur situation, but it might be also time travel that no one but Lorbin himself is aware of. He will look at all the other party members carefully and give respectful gesture if one meet his eyes. Careful listen to the words exchange between the Female Triton and the others reveal that Tritons are not very strong with the way of the common people, also seem to lack humor. Pretty much like himself. As far as he can tell the meeting started on the right foot. He follows the others.

==============================================================================================
(OOC: Indeed great pics. Can you please mark the location of the altar (is it the central round room?) and the meeting room? Thanks.)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6172
Going to need everyone to respond to this one before going forward. Please put any previous interactions in for up to this point too please.

1. Waiting Chamber
2. Altar Room
3. Meeting Area
Attachment:
WTempleSummary.jpg
WTempleSummary.jpg [ 199.39 KiB | Viewed 7552 times ]


The groups will take their places at the meeting table.

1. Home Forger
2. Onyxarm
Attachment:
WTemple MRoom.jpg
WTemple MRoom.jpg [ 83.43 KiB | Viewed 7551 times ]


X = Triton and Water Elemental Guard Pair

Both Lords will pull out papers, and start with small talk, about the families previous negotiations, and apparently trying to see which one negotiated a better deal for the plumbers in the two cities.

One of the guards from the door, heads to the far side of the room.

Suddenly there is a sound like a crash of a VERY LARGE wave, then a vacuum sound.

Swooooosh pop. The Water Elementals DISAPPEAR!

The guards look incredulously at the space where their companions once stood.

If you are proficient in Arcana give me a roll in that please.

Everyone roll perception.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:44 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7729
GG suspects he just witnessed some kind of Dispel or wholesale Banishment spell well beyong his abilities, "Beware of foes invisible or in the waters!"
He draws his sword, point down but wary, other hand on his arcan focus and casts Blur, then calling his mind to 'the quiet place', ready to dance. [Bonus action: Bladesong]

======
Arcana, Perception [1d20+8] = 19+8 = 27, [1d20+5] = 16+5 = 21


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:49 pm 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3009
Flatbelly becomes alert and listens to GG direction, casting Shillelagh on his quarterstaff. "By Auril blessing let me see the old powers hidden in this wood, the great force of nature and the strengths of it's roots when it seeks water. Let me find these powers and use them to defend my companions and myself."

======================================================================
(OOC:
Arcana, Perception: [1d20+8] = 5+8 = 13, [1d20+6] = 3+6 = 9
yeah... bad rolls... Hmm... I have Guidance that is +4 for ability checks. Is it ability check?
Also I have the spell ceremony as ritual, so is it ok the assume Flatbelly uses it every evening?
)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 pm 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 961
Perception for Adrik: [1d20+3] = 7+3 = 10

Adrik pulls out his Rapier. "What's that sound?"


Last edited by counterkid on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:29 pm 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 961
Perception(0): [1d20] = 9


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:46 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6172
Perception for Renwick: [1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6
===================//===================================

After the guards recovered from their shock of their counterpart disappearing. You see them all pull out an item and attempt to use it. Clearly not working, they all straighten into a guarded position.

The Onyxarm guards don't seem to see anything going on, other than the guards of the Homeforgers casting spells!

The Homeforger guards however understand that some great power definitely sent the water elementals back to their rightful home.

The crashing water seems to have no immediate effect.

Adrik draws his weapons and enquires about the sounds from outside the Temple.

Fimlyn rushes into the room, and drops 10 items on the table.

"Surface folk, put one of these in your mouth. It will allow you to breathe underwater. And make you swim as fast as you can walk. That sound was an unnaturally large wave, it cannot mean anything good. Ready yourselves."

Renwick unslings his Maul from his back. Flexing his neck, the cracking is audible for a good 10 feet. The halfling seems to grow not physically, but he seems to puff up like a male bird fluffing their feathers to attract a mate.

There is a sudden calm and quiet. The ambient dripping and gurgling of the water breaking the silence.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:06 pm 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 961
Not understanding the nature of the threat but trusting the triton, Tornak swiftly darts to the table and swips two of the items and swiftly passes one off to Lunmumi and crams the other into his own mouth. Remaining close to his charge, he then lifts a small crossbow and proceeds to attempt to look in every direction at once, a low snarl escaping from his maw.
Almost as an afterthought he snarls "Bernard. Get out here." as he summons a mangy disheveled looking rat.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:01 am 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 961
Adrik, will grabs one of the items and puts it in his mouth as recommended and he puts his sword away getting ready to swim.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:59 pm 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7729
Reaching for a breathing thing GG shouts, "Elementals gone, by neither Onyxarm's nor Homeforgers' hand. Water level rising. Incoming hostile aquatics!" and puts on the device.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:08 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3009
Flatbelly looks around. Everything already said and done he makes sure everyone got their devices and then takes the one left for him and readies for battle. 'We need more underwater spells aids.' he thinks to himself. He then takes his position close to the master they were hired to guard and makes eye contact with GG in case he will need help as well.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group