Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:06 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cladmont Goings - Tornak and Adrik
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 pm 
Duke
Duke

"Intentional no, but you never know. If you are interested follow me. The Master will be able to explain everything better." He will get up and start for the door.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:33 am 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Tornak glances at his table companions and silently gets up and follows the dwarf.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:40 am 
Duke
Duke

Renwick hops to and slaps Adrik on the back.

"Oy, let's go."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:54 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Adrik Gets up and follows the dwarf.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:11 pm 
Duke
Duke

Any attempt at small talk will basically be met with comments like "Quit flapping yer lips, and get flapping those feet."

The intrepid group will walk through the streets of the row, military type housing. Suddenly the street gives way to an opulent cul-de-sac.

But the Dwarf leads them to the side entrance instead of the main doors.

He will lead them to a very comfortable sitting room and motion for them to sit.

Seconds after he motions them to sit, a stately looking Gnome will enter. The Dwarf makes introductions.

"My Lady, these are our new recruits, Tornak, Adrik, and Renwick. I believe Tornak here is from the Spinegougers. The other two I surmise are some sailors looking for a paycheck, some glory. Tornak, Adrik, Renwick my Lady Wandanda Onyxarm."

There will be a slight pause, if the players are not seated, Wandanda will not sit until they do. If they don't get the hint the Dwarf will motion for them to sit with a slight huff.

"Gentlemen." the Lady says, addressing them politely. "As some of you are new to the city, you may or may not know of the current influx of refugees from the Eastern side of the Inner Sea. The Black Dragon problem, has become a Black Dragon army, honest,and dishonest folk alike have started migrating West." She will clear Her throat. "My Son Lunmumi is co-chairing a committee on how to deal with a problem that has come with the refugees. An illicit substance is making its rounds in our cities. The committee is a collaboration between Shagos, and Cladmont. The meeting will be held 9am the day after next. I am hopeful that everything will be peaceful, but the groups involved in this illegal trade are bold and powerful, and I must protect my family."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:27 am 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Adrik will sit down.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:00 am 
Duke
Duke

Renwick will sit, but when the Lady enters he will stand, and then resit when it makes sense to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:43 am 
Duke
Duke

After a small silence she will ask. "Any questions at this point?"

Renwick will sit still and just shake his head.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:15 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

"Where do we meet at 9am the day after tomorrow?" "What is the pay for this job?" "I'm also not familiar with the rules in this city. If we encounter issues are we able to use force to defend ourselves without authority repercussion."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:38 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

As Yongoth introduces them, Tornak will interrupt and correct Yongoth emphasizing his title LASHER Tornak of the Spinegougers

Once the lady pauses Tornak will ask This illicit substance you speak of, are you referring to the new drug that has recently appeared commonly called blur? Listening to Adrik's questions, Tornak rudely interrupts when Adrik asks about the pay One gold a day plus meals and board Adrik, you already agreed to that. You wouldn't be sitting here if you hadn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 am 
Duke
Duke

The lady smiles at the Goblin. Understanding all too well how important a title can be.

"Yes, Blur, it seems to be a horrible nasty thing. I don't understand why one would want to go through such an ordeal for such a temporary enhancement."

Seeing the payment question answered before she can even consider it she smiles again at the forthright Goblin.

In reply to the location. "We have not set a meeting place yet. That will happen the morning of the meeting. There will be security measures in place at the meeting. We believe we are dealing with unscrupulous factions, who will have no qualms about entering the meeting place via less than desirable ways." IE: Sewers/waterways other entrances. "We have managed to keep the streets of Shagos and Cladmont safe without the show of force for quite some time. We do not relish thinking about enforcing public safety by show of force." She will sigh.

"When on our official mission, you will have a crest of House Onyxarm. It will be known you are in our employ as guards, and if you encounter a threat to a family member you will be authorized to use what force is necessary to protect your charges." He will clear his throat. "In both Shagos and Cladmont we take violence seriously. No one will condone random violence, or unnecessary force. We have been peaceful cities of research for many years, and we would like to keep it that way."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:51 am 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Tornak grins widely and nods along in agreement as the lady explains the attitude towards violence in the two cities. Right you are Lady. We like our violence directed and necessary. That is one reason why my tribe finds blur fascinating, not so much for it's temporary gain, but rather ways it can be used via it's inherently devastating addiction. I think when I left they were theorizing various ways to utilize the drug. You know us Spinegougers, always seeing if there is a way something could be improved upon or weaponized He is unconsciously stroking his odd armament while stating this.
Since now is the time to be forthright, I should introduce you to the other member of the team. He snaps his fingers and a largish rat appears on the floor in front of him. This is Bernard. He is in my employ. The largish rat that appears is covered from head to tail in scar tissue and patchy fur. It appears as though his tail has been broken at least three times and is thick and angular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:05 pm 
Duke
Duke

Adrik can make a medicine or history check to see if he knows about Blur.
=====================================================
The slightest smirk appears and disappears even faster on the Lady's face as the goblin describes his tribe's interest in such a thing.

Again the Lady's stoicism is tested, but this time in shock. Recovering quickly.

"Ah, more than meets the eye. Nice trick. Unless there are any other questions." She will look at the halflings.

If any are asked she will answer with apparent full honesty, if none she will get up to leave.

"Excuse me now, unless there is anything else. Yongoth will show you to your rooms, and to the kitchen. There is always a cook on duty. Feel free to browse our Library, or enjoy the courtyards. I do ask you don't leave the residence unless absolutely necessary. We ask this to make sure there is no communication out for the time and place of our meeting."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:12 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

History: [1d20] = 6

"I have no other questions my lady."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

I have many questions, though I am sure I do not need to bother you with them. Thank you for your time Lady. Tornak will turn to the dwarf as they are led away. So this kitchen... how well versed are your chefs?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Advanced search