Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:07 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:39 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 742
Adrik holds postion.
Initiative: [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:17 pm 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2919
Flatbelly will use his new flute to seed fear in the heart of the giants.

===================================================
(OOC: I assume it can be used selectively?
Initiative: [1d20+3] = 11+3 = 14
Anything else to roll?)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:41 am 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 802
Tornak will curse under his breath and jump up beside Lunmumi. Addressing the gnome in gnomish, Tornak says "Let us guards do our jobs and be the targets. Help as you can, but stay unseen!" He then casts disguise self to appear as an exact duplicate of Lunmumi and readies his xbow , which now appears to be a lute.
Initiative(4): [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:15 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5720
Tornak jumps up on the table after Lunmumi and in Dwarven "Let us guards do our jobs and be the targets. Help as you can, but stay unseen!". Casting a spell suddenly there are two Dwarven Bards standing on the table.

Adrik holds his ground, getting ready to see what is headed their way.

Rayman moves between Yongoth and Renwick, getting ready to fill the hearts of this opponents with dread.

GG blends almost seems to blend in with the nearest pillar.

Lorbin follows the Halfling Barbarian down the path.

The 2 clerics head down to the doorway to reinforce the lone guard remaining.

Yongoth, heads to the east side of the room. It looks as if he is speaking with a small clay disk.
(Anyone who cares to can roll an Arcana check.)

As you are beginning to wonder what is happening, two MANTICORES and a TROLL barge into the room. The Manticores fly in and alit each beside a cleric.

The Manticores attack savagely, and the Troll tears into the guard. The Clerics and Guard hold their ground but look like they will need help quickly.

Fimlyn yells"Don't you dare you Dwarven coward! We have enough damage to clean up already!"

"It's not for me my water loving friend! We must protect the lords!" Replies Yongoth.

Actions!

Attachment:
Combat1.jpg
Combat1.jpg [ 140.03 KiB | Viewed 257 times ]

Squares are 5ft, Sad faces are unconscious, Brown dots are stealthing, The dripping eye is him disguised.

Manticore:CCB [1d20+5] = 15+5 = 20 [1d20+5] = 12+5 = 17 [1d20+5] = 12+5 = 17
Manticore Damage: [1d6+3] = 5+3 = 8 [1d6+3] = 6+3 = 9 [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10

Manticore:CCB [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23 [1d20+5] = 15+5 = 20 [1d20+5] = 15+5 = 20
Manticore Damage: [1d6+3] = 3+3 = 6 [1d6+3] = 2+3 = 5 [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7

Troll:CCB [1d20+7] = 12+7 = 19 [1d20+7] = 9+7 = 16 [1d20+7] = 8+7 = 15
Troll Dmg: [2d6+4] = 7+4 = 11 [2d6+4] = 11+4 = 15 [1d6+4] = 5+4 = 9
Fimlyn Trident: [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17 [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7
SeaElf: [1d20+5] = 2+5 = 7 [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8
Guard: [1d20+6] = 14+6 = 20 [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10

NPC Ini F[1d20] = 14 SE[1d20] = 11 G[1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13
NPC Ini Fog[1d20+5] = 8+5 = 13 Lun[1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7 Lor[1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7 Yon[1d20+2] = 20+2 = 22
Troll [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 Manitcore [1d20+3] = 6+3 = 9
Renwick [1d20+3] = 11+3 = 14

Tornak 24
Adrik 23
Yongoth 22
Fimlyn 14
Rayman 14
Renwick 14
Guard 13
Foggy 13
SeaElf 11
Troll 10
Manticore 9
GG 8
Lunmumi 7
Lorbin 7


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:13 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7289
Can GG get to the troll? (40' speed)
If so, will try to stab it with a Green Flame Blade.

======
Green Flame Blade [1d20+7] = 14+7 = 21, [2d8+4] = 10+4 = 14

***
What rule do you use for flanking?


Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:10 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 742
Adrik, will fire both arrows at manticore that is east and hold position. If anyone approaches he will pull out his rapier.
Attacks: [1d20+9] = 5+9 = 14
[1d20+9] = 2+9 = 11
damage: [1d6+4] = 4+4 = 8
[1d8+4] = 7+4 = 11
"Let's take the manticores out."


Last edited by counterkid on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:04 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2919
Rayman will cast 'cloud of daggers' between the enemies attacking the female Triton such that if they keep attacking her they will suffer from the daggers continuously. "Fall back toward us." he calls the two Triton guards.

=====================================================
(OOC: Cloud of daggers:
You fill the air with spinning daggers in a cube 5 feet on each side, centered on a point you choose within range. A creature takes 4d4 slashing damage when it enters the spell’s area for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there.

Do I roll damage that is constant to all of the creatures (as was in Fireball/Lighiting bolt on 2nd ed) or do you roll different number per creature that enters the cloud?

I also missed how did the giants fell unconscious? )


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:10 am 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5720
Those are the guards that got bashed with rocks from the other room.
I will need rolls each time it does damage.
========///===================================


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:43 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 802
Tornak levels his "lute" at the manticore due south of him and releases a small bolt.
To Hit: [1d20+7] = 8+7 = 15 , Damage: [1d6+4] = 5+4 = 9
Sneak Attack Damage: [3d6] = 10


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:22 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5720
Tornak(24) appearing to be Lunmumi raises his "lute" and fires at Manticore2.(19 Dmg) Adrik(23) fires two arrows at Manticore1, one flying wide, one hitting the mark sinking halfway into the beasts rump.(8dmg)

Yongoth(22) holding position to the east looks around the room taking stock of what is happening. "If they get to the Lords, I'm sending for Plan Z!" Yongoth yells to the Clerics.

Fimlyn(14) responding to Yongoth ”Please, we can’t afford to rebuild the ENTIRE temple.” She will strike at the beast again, scoring a solid blow with her Trident.(10dmg) Rayman(14) aiding the Triton casts Cloud of Daggers on the Manticore attacking her. As he finishes his incantations a cloud forms around the front quarter of the beast knives materializing.

Renwick(14) charges the Troll that the Guard was holding at bay. On his way he lets out an almost inhuman howl spittle escaping his mouth as he roars his challenge to the lanky creature. In his lust for battle Renwick’s first swing goes wide,
but his second lands true.(7dmg) The fine Guard(13) inspired by Rewick’s aid slices at the Troll with renewed vigor. Scoring a slashing blow!(7dmg)

Foggy(13) will slink his way over to Yongoth.

SeaElf(11) still taking in the situation strikes at the Manticore again, scoring a blow!(4dmg) ”I cannot hold my own in melee with such a foe!”

Troll(10) Starts to yell in that rough grating language heard earlier, you see the first wound from the Guard heal as he shouts obvious orders. He will again send his flurry of blows towards the Guard.(25dmg) The guard drops like a sack of grain cut open in the middle.

Manticore1+2(9) Responding to the Troll's yelling take flight. As they start to take off, Fimlyn, SeaElf, and the Cloud of Daggers all strike at them.
Fimlyn’s reaction fails to land on the beast, but the SeaElf scores a hit.(6dmg)

The Cloud of Daggers intensifies, and everyone in the room can hear a brief slicing sound as the Cloud shreds the front leg of the Manticore.(10dmg)

Once in flight the Manticore’s target becomes obvious. Lunmumi, or Lunmumies on the table. They each let a volley of tail spikes loose at the Bards on the table. Manticore1 fires at Tornak, 2 fires at the real Lunmumi.

Tornak dances around all 3 shots sent towards his new Dwarven figure.
Lunmumi is not nearly as fortunate.
Two spikes slam into his left armpit.(Critx2! 26dmg) They will continue to circle the room 20ft aloft ending their movement while over the water to be continuing a circuit of the room.

Manticore3 lands beside SeaElf and unloads a barrage of attacks. One of it’s claws landing on a bare patch of skin.(4dmg)

GG(8) steps out of his personal shadow to conjure a tiny pea-sized flame that whips off into the air. It flies 20 ft into the air and 8 ft South of Lorbin. The tiny orange dot at first appears to disappear, but that may have been just to get everyone's attention. Everyone in the room looks, gasps, and holds their collective breath! As fast as it blinked out, it roars back into existence, bursting into a GIGANTIC ORANGE ORB. The orb comes impossibly close to Lorbins head, but never quite reaches. Manticore1+2 are not nearly as lucky, and the top half of the Troll is enveloped in FIRE! As the orb reaches full size there is an ear popping BOOM, and the a wave of heat washes over everyone. When the ball recedes the Troll staggers as if hit with an Anvil.(27dmg) The Manticores seem to sail above the brunt up the fire, but are still sporting a few singed feathers.(13dmg)

Lunmumi(7) sporting some new armpit quills jumps down behind the table, and slides underneath. On his way down shouts a short limerick about a Goblin lady and a Dwarf lord, and their awkwardly green bearded children. (Bardic Inspiration for Tornak) Once under the table he will look Manticore2 square in the eye and cast Toll the Dead. In the wake of the explosion some can almost imagine the sound of the bells ringing around the Manticore's head. It seems to shake it's head maybe a bit too much.(6dmg) It's wings stop beating, body limp it careens into the wall and slides down. A small mountain of dead hybrid beast, it hits the water, causing a large gout to spring up, and quickly sinks out of sight.

Lorbin(7)"OY I've lost enough hair today from the stress of this all, watch those fire spells!" He rushes to the aid of SeaElf. He runs in with his warhammer high above his head, and brings it down smashing into Manticore3's flank.(9dmg)

Actions Please!

Attachment:
Combat2.1.jpg
Combat2.1.jpg [ 178.24 KiB | Viewed 193 times ]
Squares are 5ft, Sad faces are unconscious, Brown dots are stealthing, The dripping eye is him disguised as Lunmumi, RedX down from Damage.

Fimlyn Trident: [1d20+6] = 13+6 = 19 [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10

Renwick GreatAxe: [1d20+6] = 5+6 = 11 [1d20+6] = 2+6 = 8 [1d12+5] = 2+5 = 7
Renwick GreatAxe: [1d20+6] = 17+6 = 23 [1d20+6] = 14+6 = 20 [1d12+5] = 2+5 = 7

Guard: [1d20+6] = 11+6 = 17 [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7
Guard Adv [1d20] = 12

Troll:CCB [1d20+7] = 16+7 = 23 [1d20+7] = 13+7 = 20 [1d20+7] = 13+7 = 20
Troll Dmg: [2d6+4] = 7+4 = 11 [2d6+4] = 3+4 = 7 [1d6+4] = 3+4 = 7

Fimlyn Trident: [1d20+6] = 2+6 = 8 [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10
SeaElf: [1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14 [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6
CoD [4d4] = 10

Tornak1Lun2: [1d2] = 1 [1d2] = 2

Tailspike: [1d20+5] = 6+5 = 11 [1d20+5] = 4+5 = 9 [1d20+5] = 3+5 = 8
TailSpike Dmg: [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6 [1d8+3] = 8+3 = 11 [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7

Tailspike: [1d20+5] = 3+5 = 8 [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25 [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25
TailSpike Dmg: [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4 [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9 [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4
TailSpike Crit: [1d8] = 8 [1d8] = 5

Manticore:CCB [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15 [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12 [1d20+5] = 6+5 = 11
Manticore Damage: [1d6+3] = 1+3 = 4 [1d6+3] = 2+3 = 5 [1d8+3] = 8+3 = 11

FB Save: Troll [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4 M1 [1d20+3] = 20+3 = 23 M2 [1d20+3] = 19+3 = 22

TtDSave: [1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5

LunTtD: [2d12] = 6

Lorbin WH: [1d20+6] = 13+6 = 19 [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:17 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7289
Seeing the manticores go airborne to strafe the diplomatic mission GG peers from the shadows to conjure a tiny pea-sized flame that whips off into the air hopefully to immolate (only) the flying manticores and the troll's upper body. He then closes to engage the troll in the vacancy left by the downed guard.

======
GG Fireball DC16 [8d6] = 27


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:04 pm 
Offline
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 742
Adrik sends two more arrows at Manticore 1: [1d20+9] = 1+9 = 10
use the lucky ability rerolls 1s. attack 1: [1d20+9] = 12+9 = 21
Attack 2: [1d20+9] = 20+9 = 29 that a critical hit
damage attack 1: [1d6+4] = 6+4 = 10
Damage attack 2: [1d6+4] = 1+4 = 5[1d6] = 2 = total 7
Adrik holds position


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:39 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7289
Prancing nimbly and spinning around in the limited space the Blurred GG tries to stab the troll with a Green Flame Blade. He calls out in Common, "Two more trolls queuing up."

======
Green Flame Blade [1d20+7] = 14+7 = 21, [2d8+4] = 10+4 = 14
GG Green flame blade advantage [1d20+7] = 10+7 = 17


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2919
Flatbelly tries to hit the close by Manticore and if he has clear line of sight also the troll with scorching rays.

==================================================================
(OOC:
To hit: [1d20+8] = 13+8 = 21, [1d20+8] = 10+8 = 18, [1d20+8] = 9+8 = 17

Damage: [2d6] = 7, [2d6] = 11, [2d6] = 7)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Umberlee's Temple - Everyone
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:03 pm 
Offline
Duke
Duke
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 5720
You have line of sight on Manticore1 and the Troll. The spell has a range of 120ft.

You have three beams, how would you like to split them?
Think of it like Magic Missile, but with better damage.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group