Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:01 am

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:22 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6141
She tries to come up with something. But knowing she has been found out, she just runs away.

==========================================================

The poison is fake, and the package was a pack of Dust of Sneezing. She can tell she hasn't fooled anyone here and is booking it away with her cart.

The next block of travel goes off uneventful. The only sounds are the raucous music from warehouses turned taverns down the streets.

You see the address in question.

Pretend any lights you see are gas torches, or magical lights.
Your target is the door after the shop with all the lights.

Looking in you can see a crowded room, with a makeshift bar. It is packed shoulder to shoulder, people are drinking and singing loud.
Attachment:
address.jpg
address.jpg [ 247.6 KiB | Viewed 90 times ]


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:55 pm 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 938
Tornak calls Bernard to come and meet up. Quickly. (telepathically)

"Loud drunk crowds! My kind of establishment!" An arcane phrase slips from his mouth and Tornak smiles.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3005
====================================================
(OOC: I'm sorry, but I forgot what are we looking for. :roll: The age takes it's toll...
Is this the address that the nobleman that was ambushed and attacked held in his hand? Where we assume to get clues for who attacked him or the source of the drow that attacked the meeting in the church?)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:49 pm 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 938
From my understanding this is exactly that Bish. The address where the lord got ambushed by drow.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:09 pm 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6141
There is a well lit, crowded shop with a large window between you and your target.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:27 pm 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7702
"I'm dubious that happened in such a crowded bar. Maybe there's a back room?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:41 pm 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 938
Thanks for the clarification DM. The place next to the makeshift bar is our address then.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:21 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3005
"Hmm.. OK. So are we going straight to that dark door, or you want to circle around the bar? Or... wanna have a drink first? Just kidding..." Flatbelly says shyly.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:29 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7702
GG looks at the place next to the makeshift bar:
    Is it all stone?
    Sloped roof?
    How many floors?
    What visible entrances & exits?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:58 am 
Offline
Prince
Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6141
The crowd takes no notice of the Goblin looking into the window half way across the street. The Arcane casters of the group hear the Goblin Rogue cast the 'Mage Hand' cantrip spell.

Looks to be 2 stories high.

Sold wood door, no windows, no alleys between buildings.

You'd think flat roof, but you can't see up there from the angle in the narrow street.

Facade is plaster, not sure what is under.

Only the one door to be seen that opens out into the street.

All this assumes you are across the street away from the lit window looking over to the door you are interested in.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:35 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7702
"Looks like stealth and speed of entrance are important," suggest GG. "Else anyone important inside may get away."
He looks over the group, "Who amongst us is good at being stealthy? And who is good at undoing locks? And can anyone cast Silence if we need it inside?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:52 am 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 938
Tearing his attention from the window, Tornak answers. "Sneaking and locks are my specialty. I can go and scout it out and send you a message letting you know what I find." He pauses a moment and continues "If we all sit in the street in a clump waiting like this we look somewhat suspicious... perhaps we might want to disperse a bit?"


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:04 pm 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3005
"If we are to wait, we can drink while doing so. Not suspicious at all!" Flatbelly eyes lighten.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:17 pm 
Offline
Magistrate
Magistrate

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 953
"Tornak, I will keep an eye out as you check that door to see if it is locked."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:43 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 7702
Looking up and down the otherwise empty street GG thinks that any noise from the crwoded bar will help the group rather than the opposite.
"Right, we have no idea what we're going into here, so we'll have to rely on those we work for to sort it out if it goes wrong," expresses GG.

"Flatbelly, drinking later, not now. We'll be inside the house, not the pub, before you know it," he continues looking at Flatbelly and nodding towards Adrik and co. "There are no windows overlooking. Stay here togtether until Tornak's opened the door and he and I have gone inside. Count to ten and then the rest of you follow. Yes?" The half-elf looks to Flatbelly and the others for agreement. "When you're in, anything you see goes down, preferably out for the count rather than dead."

"Tornak, door's yours. Unlock it, open it, and I'll go in. Follow on my heels. Anything encountered goes down. I'm making for the back door swift as I can, then work back towards the center to meet up with the others. Clear the ground floor then work upstairs (or downstairs) according to what we see." He takes a breath. "Any questions, any embelishments?"

***
If everyone's good to go, GG nudges Tornak so they apparently wander across the street away from the actual target door.
When out of sight of the bar window, they circle back round to the door in question.

While Tornak works on the door lock, GG puts up Blur and invokes Bladesong.
When Tornak opens the door GG slips in stealthily, heading towards the back door (if any).

======
[OOC] Sorry but please can someone refresh me, who's our fifth member?

***
Well, it's a plan. See how many seconds it survives! :)


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group