Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:20 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:05 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6542
He is basically at the end of his 50' rope. He cannot see the bottom, if there is one.

Nature(Int) or Perception(Wis) which ever is better for looking at the walls.

He hears the commotion above. He hears Renwick shout.

Renwick rounds the corner but noone follows him quite yet.

Rayman sees the two who came through the second secret door, using some hand signals to communicate.

Initiative, no surprises.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:50 am 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 1149
Initiative: [1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:41 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1111
Tornak knows Common, Goblin, Dwarvish and Thieves' cant
----------------------
Initiative(4): [1d20+4] = 2+4 = 6

Tornak continues moving toward and through the door. He will turn and face the way he came, hand xbow at the ready.
If no target is present, he will hold his action (fire hand xbow) as a reaction with an enemy moving within 5ft of an ally triggering his shot. (trying to get sneak attack)

To Hit: [1d20+7] = 11+7 = 18 , Damage: [1d6+4] = 2+4 = 6

and if it applies - Sneak Attack Damage: [3d6] = 13
-------------------
It's been awhile so just a reminder - my ranged weapons ignore half cover and three-quarters cover


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:39 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 8123
With a swing and a bounce GG tries to acrobatically ascend.

======
GG's Nature & Perception are both +5.

GG Nature or Perception [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23
GG Init [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11
GG Acrobatics [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:14 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3112
"Come quickly, I'll cover you!" Flatbelly says focus for a moment as small clouds of frost flies from his fingers toward the pursuers.

==================================================
Initiative: [1d20] = 7 What do you add to it? DEX?

I'm not sure what should I throw for Chill touch Cantrip. it has 120' range.

Flatbelly knows: Common, Gnomish, Dwarfish


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:46 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Posts: 6542
Initiative
Rogues 16
Barbarian 12
GG 11
Rayman 10
Renwick 9
Wizard 8
Adrik 7
Tornak 6

GG sees shadows move around the top of the hole. Suddenly his rope goes extra taught, then LOOSE! with his quick judgement he finds the natural ladder whoever was using this hole before was using.(Nature 23) The second Rogue will make Her way to Rayman and give a stabbing action a try.(Attack1 14 Attack2 11) The Drow Rogue gives a quizical look as Her Daggers drag across a sturdy Breastplate, protecting the Gnome.

The Drow Barbarian steps up to Renwick, and with a mighty swing of His Two-Handed Sword clearly under estimates how short Renwick is, and swings so hard and high that the sword whooshes past His head in a huge arc throwing him off balance.

GG holds firm to the wall, and even makes 15' of progress towards the top.(Acrobatics 8, 35' to the top)

Flatbelly attacks the Rogue with his newly glowing club.(9 bludgeoning)

Renwick starts to grow, in size and in attitude. He is soon a few inches taller, and considerably bulkier than he one was. To go with his new size he is now seething, and slobbering, muttering loudly about how his clan once had to fight off a cell of Drow that were raiding their farms in the night. He will swing back at the Drow Barbarian.(Attack 18, 14 Slashing). His Great Axe connects and slashes through armour and flesh alike.

Taking advantage of the enemy being off balance Renwick will move away, and as he expected the Drow does not take a swing.

Another Drow walks into sigh behind Renwick, and is clearly casting a spell as She turns and fires it at Renwick. Renwick and Adrik have the hair on their arms and necks stand up as a bolt of crackling electricity shoots into the stone above them.

Just after the the spells goes high, Adrik lets loose two arrows.(Attack1 11, Attack2 18, 10 Damage) The first one goes high and wide splintering on the stone. The second penetrates the Drows robes, and sticks, causing considerable damage as She partially buckles from the pain of the wound.

Tornak turns to move through the door, but sees Flatbelly tangling with a Drow Rogue. He turns to see what Adrik shot at, and takes aim at the Drow Wizard.(Attack 18, Damage 6). The Wizards face clearly betrays the fact that She is thinking she should not have moved without her Barbarian ally. Starting to look like a porcupine, She is clearly in a large amount of pain.

Attachment:
Combat1.JPG
Combat1.JPG [ 155.49 KiB | Viewed 1091 times ]



NPC Rolls
Renwick Ini [1d20+3] = 6+3 = 9
Rogues: [1d20+4] = 12+4 = 16 Barb[1d20+3] = 9+3 = 12 Wizard [1d20] = 8[
DBarb 2H: [1d20+6] = 1+6 = 7 [2d6+5] = 10+5 = 15
Drogue: [1d20+7] = 7+7 = 14 [1d4+4] = 4+4 = 8 [1d20+7] = 4+7 = 11 [1d4] = 3
Renwick GreatAxe(Raging): [1d20+6] = 12+6 = 18 [1d12+5] = 9+5 = 14
DWizard Spell Attack: [1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13
Adrik Bow Shots:[1d20+9] = 2+9 = 11 Damage:[1d6+4] = 1+4 = 5
Adrik Bow Shots:[1d20+9] = 9+9 = 18 Damage:[1d6+4] = 6+4 = 10
Tornak To Hit: [1d20+7] = 11+7 = 18 , Damage: [1d6+4] = 2+4 = 6
GG Nature or Perception [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23
GG Init [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11
GG Acrobatics [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:20 am 
Offline
King
King

Joined:
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm
Posts: 8123
GG tries to move (climb) upwards.

======
GG Climbs [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:44 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3112
Flatbelly calls upon the powers of Auril. 'Mother of all life, bless us with your power, make this staff a weapon to smite our enemies.'
=============================================
(OOC:

BishGada wrote:
I wrote that flatbelly casts chill touch cantrip when they were still in range. I just don't know what to roll... now I see it is 1d8
[1d8] = 4

Sorry, scratch that. :)

I'm casting Shillelagh
)


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:28 am 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm
Posts: 1149
Adrik will fire two more arrows if he can. They will target the wizard if he is still alive by his turn. If the wizard is dead he will target the other figure.

Arrow 1: [1d20+9] = 10+9 = 19
Damage: [1d6+4] = 5+4 = 9
Arrow 2: [1d20+9] = 10+9 = 19
Damage:[1d6+4] = 3+4 = 7


Last edited by counterkid on Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:41 am 
Offline
Viscount
Viscount
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 3112
Flatbelly attacks the Drow closest to him with the glowing club that formed in his hands.

==================================================
(OOC:
To hit: [1d20+5] = 17+5 = 22
Damage: [1d8+5] = 6+5 = 11
Not sure what bonus action means right now... it appears in the spell description. It is only the casting?)


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:46 pm 
Offline
Lord
Lord

Joined:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm
Posts: 1111
Seeing his companions between him and the elves, Tornak turns back to the gnome and lines up a shot (using bonus action to use the scope) on the dark elf tangling with the small one.
OOC - sneak attack should apply - elf is within 5ft of the the gnome as well as Tornak having advantage on the shot
To Hit: [1d20+7] = 3+7 = 10 , Damage: [1d6+4] = 3+4 = 7
Dis(Advantage): [1d20] = 3
Sneak Attack Damage: [3d6] = 10

Pretty sure Tornak missed lol.
10 to hit, 17 damage


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group