Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Untangling the Webs - Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:15 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

We did fer a few already, but there are likely some left about. Arrows don't just come out of nowhere. We came up here lookin for em. Maybe you'll get your chance soon. he grins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:21 pm 
Lord
Lord

"There's some corpses in the basement if you really need to tenderize something." Tornak pipes up with a face splitting grin "But the halfling is right, someone fired some bolts at us and the corpses had no such equipment on them. There seems to be a hole leading further down in the basement as well. If you happen to have a death wish you might consider that route." Tornak continues "Seems mighty personal to you and it's only a job to us, but if you have a bit of patience you might want to stick around. I have a good feeling that is not the last drow we will be crossing paths with seeing as they are what we are investigating." Baring his teeth once again, the goblin finishes off with "Then again there is always the hole." with a shrug.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:37 am 
Freeman
Freeman

So what brings you all in here at this time of night? Seems mighty strange to be out checking houses after dark? Bound to run into some seedy fellows out running around this time of night. So what's your story? I might consider staying around and helping you all out. it may lead to some answers to my questions. I need to avenge my family and find out why they burnt my home and forge to the ground.

He keeps sticking weapons into his belt and shouldering his pack. Stretches his crossbow string back and latches it dropping a bolt into the groove.

Alright lets see who we can find.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:43 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"Are you expecting to catch Drow elves here and interrogate them for the reason, err..., some other Drow if I understand you correctly, had murdered your family?" Flatbelly asks, his voice full of sadness and empathy, but also doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 am 
Freeman
Freeman

I returned home from a day working the village forge to find my family homestead burning and all my family laying in front of the burning house dead and my son being stabbed and beaten by 2 Drow in Hoods. I attacked them but there were more hiding near by. They killed my entire family and beat me until I lost consciousness. When I woke up I was here tied to that chair and all of my gear was taken from me and thrown in this pile. I have been here for about a Day by my guess. Light and Dark was the only way to tell but they play with darkness so there is no telling.

He hoists his shield onto his arm and looks around for anything he may have forgotten.

I am ready let's do some hunting.

He carries a shield with the emblem of two crossed battle axes on it, and in his hand is a warhammer with a Purple Gem attached to the top of the hammer head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:56 pm 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

If Flatbelly is truly doubting the story please roll Insight(Wisdom).

Attachment:
2ndFloor-3.JPG
2ndFloor-3.JPG [ 100.57 KiB | Viewed 362 times ]

GG Opens the door while the others chat.

Attachment:
2ndFloor-3GG.JPG
2ndFloor-3GG.JPG [ 21.73 KiB | Viewed 362 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm 
Lord
Lord

"I have never encountered drow before today but I don't like what I've seen. Sailing has always been much easier. Pirates I can handle."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:29 pm 
King
King

GG pauses to cast* a spell that blurs appearance and then advances into the area with the table. On a bland glance* is there anything obvious to indicate the function of this room? (e.g. plates or mugs etc if this is an eating area? Or any paperwork or maps for a meeting room?) He moves across the small (10'x15') room to its eastern door and, using the door as partial cover, opens the door to look east.

======
*Casts 2.Blur
**Passive Per 15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:01 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Renwick twirls his axe, just hoipg something hostile is in one of the nearby rooms.
[standing ready w/the drow greataxe]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:13 am 
Viscount
Viscount

"Oh no! This is awful! I haven't realized you *just now* lost all your family." Flatbelly says and put a comforting hand on the dwarf's shoulder. He waits a moment to show his deepest sentiments and then asks, "Were your homestead the only one place in your village targeted by the Drow? Were your family important in the village or in the dwarven community or to this city? Where is your village located anyway?"

=======================================================
(OOC: No doubt now :) I thought he meant his family was murdered long time in the past, so the connection wasn't clear.
Will the background story will be weaved actively into our adventure?)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:20 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

The others continue to converse, hearing the terrible story, Rayman shows more compassion, and might show a bit of guilt for starting to doubt the story.

Renwick stands outside the newly opened door with his new Axe twirling.

GG sees a mostly empty room. Save a bare table and chairs. There is another door however.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:17 am 
Freeman
Freeman

Broggddar

It was a bad day for all but I think it was a couple of days ago now. My head is still a little fuzzy. They killed my wife and son's trying to find me it would appear but I know not why. I have been a Swordsmith and forgeworker for 30 years in a small village up the coast about 30 miles north of Shagos. I am in Shagos right? I have no idea where we are at the moment, but I need to find out why this all happened.
My Father worked the forges before me and my son was to work them after I was gone but that will never happen now. It is time to harvest some Drow blood. Clangeddin help me. I will help you get to the bottom of this any way I can but it has been a while since I was a soldier so bear with me. My days of the heavy infantry in the Dwarven IronFoot Legion has been some time ago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am 
Royal Prince
Royal Prince

Opening the door to the East GG sees another room in immaculate condition.

The desk is cleared of any items. The bed made tightly, military style. All surfaces are completely cleared of dust or any sign of neglect.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:21 am 
King
King

GG moves forwards 10' whilst glancing round the room, and then opens the door* to the north. he sweeps south round the table and then, if nothing untoward, moves NE to the more northern of the adjacent doors to the east. He opens** the (more northern) door, again using it for partial cover.

======
*Interacting with the environment (free action)
**Standard action

Last edited by Chris1234 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:32 pm 
Lord
Lord

Other than stopping to say his bit to the now untied dwarf, Tornak attempts to keep a bit back from GG in order to cover him during his explorations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Advanced search