Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:05 pm

Advanced search




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:05 pm 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2123
Location:
Long Island, NY
The battle has ended. Smoke hangs low in a grey, cloudy sky, refusing to rise. The air is still and polluted with the smells of death and fire. It's still raining.

Nearby you hear the moans of wounded men and wounded horses. Farther off a woman is sobbing. More than one, it seems.

You rise from the ground, the horizon lurching momentarily, then sitting still. Now that you are standing, you can see the aftermath of the battle.With both armies gone, it is difficult to tell who won the battle, although the majority of the dead strewn on the muddy ground are wearing imperial uniforms. What is more obvious is that the local villagers, trapped between the two forces, are the ones who lost. About half the buildings visible from your current position have burnt down already or are in the process of doing so, and here and there among the dead are the unarmored bodies of common folk who were caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Very little nearby is moving, although in the distance several people are pulling burning thatch off one large structure while other fires burn unopposed, albeit slowly due to the wet weather.

Even now, a few opportunistic men and boys have begun scavenging at the edge of the field, picking up weapons, equipment, whatever they can salvage from the dead. As you watch, one of the corpse-robbers, armed with a large hammer, pauses to dispatch a wounded man, a fate that might have awaited you had you not managed to regain consciousness.

After a quick search you manage to collect your weapons and equipment from the ground around you. Here and there, others, those that can, are starting to rise.

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 1:57 pm 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2123
Location:
Long Island, NY
There is a commotion near the edge of the village. Looking over, you see one of the looters running away in a panic while two others confront a large, bloodied figure in an Imperial uniform. Another looter lays crumpled at the Imperial’s feet.

The two surviving looters are armed with clubs and are unarmored.

The Imp is big, well over six feet tall and heavily built, wearing the uniform/armor of an officer, and armed with a long sword, which is definitely not standard issue. His dark olive-colored skin and heavy jaw mark him as an uruk.

The uruk is dividing his time between roaring at the two peasants, who are clearly afraid to attack but unwilling to flee, and shouting at the few remaining Imperial troops around him, trying to rally them.



This is my "breaking-the-fourth-wall" DM voice.
If you see text in blue like this, it will either be a clickable link or an out of character message to the players.
You might want to pick a color to use for in-character speech, too. Just hilight your character's dialogue and click one of the font color buttons at the top left of your post screen. It will help distinguish between internal thoughts and what the PC says out loud. So:
Actions?

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:33 pm 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant

Joined:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:15 am
Posts: 26
Justinian staggers toward this squabble, whacking his two-handed sword against a discarded shield. "All right, all right," he groans, walking over like a tired father to three children making too much racket, "that's enough, gwan, get. Shoo."

The sight of a fully-trained Cataphract armed with a claymore should be more than enough incentive to move off (Intimidation), but he's ready to attack if they don't.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:48 pm 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant
User avatar

Joined:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:12 pm
Posts: 24
Grabbing my Battle Axe, I run at the Uruk - yelling (in Orcish) "Hey toothless, I got a Pacifier for ya"

If Needed:
Initiative: [1d20] = 11, To hit: Battle Axe: [1d20+4] = 8+4 = 12, Damage: Battle Axe: [1d8+7] = 4+7 = 11

_________________
" I'm not afraid of Dying - Just don't plan to be there when it happens"


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:13 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10721
Location:
United Kingdom
The tattered remains of a cart shift, first a few planks, followed by the shattered reminants of a broken wheel, "What?" A feminine voice asks in confusion as mass of black hair appears followed by a slight frame wrapped protectively in a deep black cloak, the hood hanging loosely behind.

Ice blue eyes flicker with recognition as she takes in her surroundings, first the battle, then she spies the looters, pulling the cloak around her tighter with one hand hiding the hilt of the sword that hung from her belt, reaching for the crossbow suspended loosely from her right arm she notches a bolt, unable to hide the shaking, or the awkward way she stands on her left leg, reaching for a pack that lay at her feet while keeping the crossbow level.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:13 am 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2123
Location:
Long Island, NY
The uruk officer manages to avoid Ferric's blow (barely) but doesn't swing back. He continues to shout at the legionnaires around him, some of whom (three or four), though wounded, are attempting to stand. Two of them gain their feet, and with more instinct than thought raise their scutums together. One raises a gladius; the other a short spear.

The villagers facing them shift uneasily - afraid to attack but unwilling to retreat. Another local, the man with the large wooden maul, rushes over to support them.

Actions?
Ron - Initiative is 1d10+weapon speed factor.

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:23 pm 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant

Joined:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:15 am
Posts: 26
Justinian's head clears. Oh dear. I said they'd come for us. But who came for them? What a mess.
Justinian sheathes his greatsword and picks up a halberd that looks like it might be his, and readies an attack against whoever swings at Ferric first.
"Cmon, Sarge, they don't pay us to do this no more."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:45 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 10721
Location:
United Kingdom
Considering her options which were limited, legionaries meant trouble, she could probably slip away, but to where?

"What happened?" Pushing the last of the wagon from her body ahe shoulders the pack and raises the crossbow, fighting the shaking of her hand as she semi limps towards the two men who were fighting the Legionaries, the crossbow trained on their target.

_________________
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:43 pm 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant

Joined:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:36 am
Posts: 3
Gretyl searches for wounded, picking over the rubble with her grey mule lead by her hand. The mule is smeared with ash, the flowers braided in her mane wilted from the heat of fire. Both are bruised.
She sees the remaining soldiers, and can just feel that a battle is about to bloom again. She tightens her grip on her mace, and mutters a prayer to Cygnus.


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:17 am 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant
User avatar

Joined:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:12 pm
Posts: 24
Recovering from his miss, Ferric attempts a wraparound shot
Initiative: [1d20+6] = 3+6 = 9, To hit: Battle Axe: [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24, Damage: Battle Axe: [1d8+7] = 4+7 = 11

_________________
" I'm not afraid of Dying - Just don't plan to be there when it happens"


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:26 am 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant
User avatar

Joined:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:12 pm
Posts: 24
Says to himself "That's better"

<a href=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=203899&macid=15643>Initiative: [1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26, To hit: Battle Axe: [1d20+4] = 17+4 = 21, Damage: Battle Axe: [1d8+7] = 5+7 = 12 </a>

_________________
" I'm not afraid of Dying - Just don't plan to be there when it happens"


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:35 am 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2123
Location:
Long Island, NY
Ron - you grabbed the wrong code from unseen servant for your bonus roll. You want to always use the one that says "PbP Forum Code," and starts with: [url=http://www.unseenservant.com/
It creates a hyperlink that can be clicked on to view the roll.
Initiative: [1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26, To hit: Battle Axe: [1d20+4] = 17+4 = 21, Damage: Battle Axe: [1d8+7] = 5+7 = 12
And initiative is rolled on a d10, not a d20.
Also, Ferris is specialized in Battle Axe, so he is entitled to a second attack this round. He's not going to need it, though.

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:53 am 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2123
Location:
Long Island, NY
Ferric moves in closer to the uruk for another swing. The uruk steps in as well, attempting to use his size against his smaller opponent, but the resulting collision throws him badly off balance and leaves him wide open to Ferric's axe blow, which strikes the uruk under the left arm, nearly cleaving it off. The uruk collapses, most likely dead.

The other legionnaires move toward Ferric. The one armed with a gladius is out of range, but the spear wielder stabs at him, and misses.

The villagers, made bold by the sight of the uruk falling, begin to close in, working around the flanks of the legionnaires.

Elsewhere, a the villagers have ceased their looting to watch the fight, although a couple appear to be taking an interest in one of the overturned wagons.

Actions and (if needed) rolls, please, everyone.

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:44 am 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant
User avatar

Joined:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:12 pm
Posts: 24
Ferric looks to see if the Uruk is going to be a problem, then glances around assessing other possible threats. If no threats are apparent, he'll head back to his wagon (and his life-savings) to see what condition it is in.

BTW: The name is "FERRIC" (as in IRON) and MOHS (as in HARDNESS)

Fixed it. Sorry about that. - Stik

_________________
" I'm not afraid of Dying - Just don't plan to be there when it happens"


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands 3 - This is the game thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:51 am 
Offline
Peasant
Peasant
User avatar

Joined:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:12 pm
Posts: 24
Sorry, if necessary:

Initiative: [1d10+6] = 6+6 = 12, To hit: Battle Axe: [1d20+4] = 13+4 = 17, Damage: Battle Axe: [1d8+7] = 1+7 = 8

_________________
" I'm not afraid of Dying - Just don't plan to be there when it happens"


Top
  Profile 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group