Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 pm

Advanced search


Forum rules


Players should expect to post two to three times per week. 

Players should have a working knowledge of Second Edition AD&D

Experienced adult/mature players are preferred.

No munchkins allowed, and min-maxing will be frowned upon.

Core rulebooks and "Complete" series books will be used.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 49  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9720
Location:
United Kingdom
"If you are finished?" Angel asks with a stern voice, standing behind them. "Collect some rations, we need to move. Will you go and check the out buildings, in at least twos and I will see where we are with the girl."

With that she turns and heads back up the stairs waiting and watching for a moment before entering the room, placing a hand on Liri's shoulder as she does so.

"Are you feeling any better?" She asks quietly, averting her gaze if the baby is still feeding.

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:41 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6807
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Ari checks any outside buildings, maul ready, with Galanis.


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 am 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2028
Location:
Long Island, NY
Upstairs:
The young woman answers in her odd accent: "Is anyone still alive? A man came to the gate, pushed his way in, and argued with the master of the house. Then other men and women came in, and started killing people."

Downstairs:
The rest of the buildings in the compound are deserted, and have, like the main house, been picked clean of anything a military unit would find useful, except for some livestock, which Egg sets free.
Signs of a struggle abound. The owner of this villa put up a good fight before the place fell. The last stand looks to have been in a small house behind the main house, where the slaves were quartered. Here a number of corpses in varying stages of decay can be found, all of which have had their skulls smashed open.

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:27 am 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6807
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Ari inspects the corpses to make sure none will rise. Does it appear their heads were bashed to kill them or did it happen post-mortem?


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:33 pm 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2028
Location:
Long Island, NY
[OOC] That would depend greatly on your definition of post-mortem.
The bodies appear to have been undead that were destroyed in combat.[/OOC]

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:53 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9720
Location:
United Kingdom
"I could coat the situation with sugar and lie, or I could be honest. What happened here is wrong, we are trying to stop it, but we need your help and we need you to get what you need and follow us. You need clothes and some for the Young one. Do you have names?" Angel asks as she moves into the room, "You may call me Angel. You need to come with us if you want to live."

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:50 am 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2028
Location:
Long Island, NY
Upstairs:
"I am Dida. This is Claudia, daughter of Albinus, master of this house. Did no one else survive?" the young woman asks. Then, she looks down to the site of her wound as if suddenly remembering she had been injured. "I was dying. what happened?"

Downstairs:
Galanis and Ari find another "live one" in one of the outbuildings. This one was hacked apart, divided a the waist, although the head and one arm are still attached to the torso. It feebly reached out toward the two as they approach.

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:20 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6807
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Rather than risk melee, Ari wordlessly hurls a warhammer at the wretched thing.

====
Thac0 20 (+1 to hit from kit)
Ari vs half-zombie [1d20] = 5, [1d4+2] = 3+2 = 5

Lol. Any bonus for prone, unmoving targets? ;)


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:14 pm 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2028
Location:
Long Island, NY
[OOC] There are, but to be honest: I don't feel like looking them up right now, so let's call it a +2 (unless someone is feeling helpful). Also remember: head shots are necessary to kill these things. [/OOC]

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:33 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9720
Location:
United Kingdom
"Dida. I am sorry, was I said something bad happened here, you were badly injured but our friend managed to help you, your body obviously wanted to survive to protect Claudia. Help us do that now. Please collect some things and aid me." Angel bites her tongue, her patience and her nerves were shot, "Liri my dear, will you help her? I... will be outside."

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:23 am 
Offline
Baron
Baron
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm
Posts: 2645
Galanis joins the fire range and shoots arrows at the creature.

==========================================================
OOC:
[1d20] = 2 [1d20] = 19 [1d8] = 7 [1d8] = 2


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:10 am 
Offline
Baronet
Baronet
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am
Posts: 2028
Location:
Long Island, NY
[OOC] We're going to have to find you a new dice rolling utility, BishGada. This one clearly hates you. The 2 paired with the 7 damage, and the 19 paired with 2 damage. It's as if the dice are against you.[/OOC]

============================================================
Downstairs:
Galanis puts an arrow into the thing's head, and it shudders, then falls still.

The building in which Galanis and Ari are standing is a sort of work shop. Although there is no forge, there are a number of woodworking tools around, and a few pieces of furniture in varying stages of completion or repair.

Upstairs:
Dida begins collecting various things and putting them into a small bag. Then she pauses and begins to cry. "If I leave here, and I am found after, I will be executed as a runaway."

_________________
"No matter where you go, there you are."


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:19 am 
Offline
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
User avatar

Joined:
Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 9720
Location:
United Kingdom
"And if you stay here. You will die. Right now the safest place is with us.." Angel responds as kindly as she can, the image of Salia chained to the bed fresh in her mind as she clentches her right fist in anger.. "We will make it obvious that you did NOT run away.. Trust me on that."

_________________
"Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you." Joe Miller.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard
Borderlands - Angel Half Elf Fighter
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger
Waterdeep 5.0 - Calarina Lock Human Cleric


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
User avatar

Joined:
Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:02 pm
Posts: 5988
Location:
Swabia (SW Germany)
Liri had been observing Dida and Angel in silence, but now she speaks up: "You are not a runaway, Dida. Your duty is to protect Claudia, and you cannot do that here with no food and no protection. We will protect the two of you and bring Claudia to her family."

_________________
There's more to me than meets the eye...


Top
  Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Borderlands II - This is the current game thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:19 pm 
Offline
Royal Prince
Royal Prince
User avatar

Joined:
Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm
Posts: 6807
Location:
somewhere in the aether
Not bad, Ari murmurs at the shot. He collects his hammer and finishes his search of the building (to see if anything is hiddin within or under the partially completed carpentry) and returns to the others once done.


Top
  Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 49  Next

Advanced search


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group