PlanetADnD.com
http://padnd.com/forums/

Prelude - Dee
http://padnd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2112
Page 2 of 2

Author:  Kafen [ Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

Dee moves swiftly and with grace to the wall to see what is up on that front without much ado. Even if there are no notices present, the place is a meeting spot of sorts. Perhaps, he has luck on his side and people are there doing something interesting.

On the way there, he keeps to himself with this morning's antics. Also, he keeps an eye out for guards. He has the jewelry on his person, too. It is a concern.

Author:  Ismaels-Legacy [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

Looking over the board you realize that even though a good portion of the town is literate (Being that there's not much else to do, other than learn to read and utilize that skill), people's penmanship is quite horrid. You see a handful of posts resembling the following:

"NeEd fud? Gets It aT Gims!"

"Medicnal Herbs fr trade! Cur brain ache, stomak alements, N more"


While there's not many leads as far as sources of raids, there are a few notices looking for mercenaries to work the caravan routes as guards. If nothing else, perhaps they could use another traveler. There IS strength in numbers after all! Besides, with jewelry like the stuff you've in your pocket, fencing it in another town may be the more prudent option....

Author:  Kafen [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

"I say..." Dee says to himself as he goes over the notices and looks at the merchant thing. While he reads, he keeps an eye on the guards. Not seeing much in the way of actual clues, he briefly ponders the silly nature of these criminals. Sure, the very least bit of courtesy that they owe the locals is a notice pointing to the stronghold. After all, it is how the bed time stories start. The heroes always have a map that leads to the bad guys - everyone knows the rule. If he is to be a hero to the thugs and criminals that he calls friends, the bandits owe it to him! Scoffing at the indignant treatment at the hands of these bandits, he sighs and opts for the logical choice. It is time to go pretend manners and nobility!

Turning, Dee slinks off towards the meeting place for the guards. Hopefully, there is a map option with an easy to follow path leading to his glorious victory, there.

Author:  Ismaels-Legacy [ Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

Your destination is a tavern called the Broken Moon. It's almost exclusively a guard hangout. The few others that patronize it are typically those jaded individuals in the priesthood, veterans of past campaigns, and the few lawful individuals in the town who know that they have nothing to fear from the guards. Opening the door you can feel the tension rise immediately. It's almost like you stumbled into a wolves den; every eye is upon you, though few turn their head in your direction. If nothing else, it is certain that you have their attention....

Author:  Kafen [ Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

Dee realizes that they are in awe of his male prowess. It's hard being that good with people - women to be specific. Heck, even the men know to bask in his glory. Without breaking stride, he heads towards the recruiter with a bright beaming smile on his face.

Author:  Ismaels-Legacy [ Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

The man doesn't even look at you from his hunched over position at the bar. "You got balls, kid, I'll give you that...." His hair is shock white, what little of it is left, and odd pieces fly out at jaunty angles. "...not too bright, but ya got balls." he comments, completing his thought. "What do ya want?

Author:  Kafen [ Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

"I was innocently reading the notices board." Dee says after a deep breath. "It occurs to me that you need some help with the caravans. Well, the community needs the help." He puffs up and places his hands on his hips. "That's me. I'm signing up for caravan duty." He sniffs and looks to the side. "The pay and food are not options, either. I hope? Such things are a natural concern."

He keeps his gaze on the man speaking and does not shy away from the other guards. It's only natural that they watch him with awe at this point.

Author:  Ismaels-Legacy [ Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

"Oi! Aren't you the one 'ho was spo'ed fleeing the Mansion this afternoon?" Comes a half-drunken, heavily accented voice from across the bar. "Yea'! You got caught roggerin' the Baron's lady-frien'!" He stammers loudly with a hiccup. Everyone in the bar seems to be holding their breath, though some are stifling snickers at the same time. The Baron may have had it coming to him, but they still knew who paid their paychecks!

Author:  Kafen [ Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

Knowing that nothing good comes from that previous incident, Dee pauses to express his shock. "Oh no! I cannot speak to that crime. My deeds center around bar maids and some card games for the most part. The ladies of the court are far above my hands. I would not presume to even speak to them much touch one." He arches an eyebrow. "Mind you, I would love to hear the story. I love a good bit of gossip." Leaning on the bar, he says casually. "Jokes aside, I am here for the caravan duty if you have an opening." Softening his tone, he adds. "I do not mean to make light of the cuckolding, but such antics are secondary to a full belly and paycheck. I need to get paid."

Author:  Ismaels-Legacy [ Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

"I'm not sure how much they're paying, but there is a caravan moving out in a few days. You may want to check it out. Usually the recruiter can be found around the square at mid-day. The rest of the time he's scouring either the whorehouses or bars." He still has yet to turn and look at you. He sits there staring into his mug, both hands wrapped firmly around it. Finally he speaks again. "I would suggest finding him and getting out of this town. I don't think things will remain friendly for much longer." He doesn't say anything else, but once you turn to leave he adds one last note, finally turning to look at you. "If you leave....don't come back, Dee." His eyebrows are low, clouding his eyes in a practiced, and authoritative glare.

Author:  Kafen [ Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

"Thank you for the information." Dee says without skipping a beat. "I should do that." He offers the man a tilt of his head as a bow as he leaves. He turns and slides over the floor with a smooth stride to his step. Aware of the danger, it occurs to him that the men are lucky to know him. If this is his last act before having to flee the township in fear of his life, it is only fair that the guards have a good impression before he takes off to conquer the world.

Dee heads off to the alley, after leaving. He is going to take the side streets out of this little gem of an area before more guards spot him. It's time to head home for the evening. He thinks about it. Or, it is a good time to check out a safe house if possible. He heads towards his house to observe it before deciding.

Author:  Ismaels-Legacy [ Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Prelude - Dee

After sticking to shadows and back-alleys, doubling back on his own trail several times, and taking the LONG way around town, Dee arrives at his safehouse....only to find a small gaggle of goons waiting for him. They're burly and surly, though not terribly observant, so he's able to avoid detection as he slips into his safehouse via the loose wall panel in the back of the one-room establishment. Gathering essential items Dee reflects on his time spent here, realizing that he may never see this place again. The emotion from this revelation is a mixture of melancholy and jubilation, neither overpowering the other.

Considering that the guards, the Baron, AND the local thieves guild are out for his blood, prudence dictates this to be an opportune moment for a little excursion beyond the town walls. What better way to do so than by hiring yourself out with the first caravan leaving town!

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/