Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 1: the Road to Holgrim - part 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:35 am 
Marshall
Marshall

In response to Carith's accusation Slade, rather than Dee, reacts. "Woman, I do not like the tone of your voice." replies with a harsh calm, his eyes squeezed into a tight glower.

Close by, Carson turns to the Magi, lips tightly pursed. "She is one of my more difficult charges. Please ignore her. It makes things so much easier if you just let her bluster and walk away. She makes a fool of herself and nothing more. If you choose to pursue it, you end up like many other fellows here; bruised, bloodied, and often ending with stitches in....unpleasant....places." He stops momentarily to gather his thoughts again, his disposition returning back to his stolid calm. "Now, a Magi I have use for. Your talents are in short supply. While you will be useful in encounters, we mostly need your services for more mundane tasks, I'm afraid. Conjuring daylight when the need arises,m for example..."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:51 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Carith scowls at the Slade, "Why is calling a self confessed thief a problem?" She laughs, obviously this banter has been going on for sometime, Carith scowling and arguing.

"And you." She points to Carson. "If by unpleasant you mean the best fighter you have, then that's me." She gives him an evil wink, "You said you liked it!" She turns away, watching the fire she keeps half her gaze on the girl, guarding her sleep.

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:11 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

"Thieves get caught. I am but a working man." Dee explains firmly. "It just happens that I get in trouble for being in the wrong spot at the wrong time." Shrugging his shoulders, he keeps a straight face and assures the group. "It's a clear case of mistaken identity, honestly."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:20 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

"Call it what you will." She dismisses the comment with a wave of her hand, "Rest." She says firmly, hand on the axe.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:28 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

The man in the robes nods. "That I should have problem doing." he says easily to the man. "Though I don't mind lending my talents to destroying the walking dead either." he leans on his staff as he speaks, though he doesn't seem to need it for support. He glances at Carith. "Ignoring her won't be difficult, I have dealt with worse."

He glances around the camp before he continues. "Where are you bound to and where are you coming from?" he asks and frowns. "Any news to share? I have been alone in the wild for a time... I am out of touch with current events." he seems unhappy revealing that information.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:11 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

Big Bill Dornsmith wanders into the camp, silently, leaning on his massive warclub. Its been a long week. The others settle into banter, Bill cringes, in his mind his native northern tongue is spoken fluently, confidently but he knows his common is broken. Likely they will all think him stupid. Most do.

Bill waits quietly until the smaller folk have had their try at the kettle. As the banter picks up around him, he reaches down with his now mauled hand to the elderly woman dishing out the grub.

"What kind is stew old womayn?" Bill asks stepping forward. It doesn't really matter what kind, but after the town... the mayor, any chance at conversation with the living is welcome. "I BIG BILL, this SUPLEX" Bill states, pointing at his club, enjoying the warmth soaking through the bowl.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:35 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Carith watches the newcomer with interest, her hand on the great axe, saying nothing, it had already been said..

Let them ignore her, she knew she was useful, nicely nicely didn't suit her, her skills lay on t e bed or the battlefield.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:32 am 
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Hedra approaches the man who is nearly twice her size and three times her bulk with a smile:

"Your weapon has a name?" she asks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:42 am 
Marshall
Marshall

Carson considers the mage's words with consternation and follows with "What ARE your talents, then?"

The Old woman at the kettle takes one look at Bill's hand and says "No food until you see Iggy and get that looked at!!!"

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:20 am 
Freeman
Freeman

The robed man frowns and sighs. "Sorry, I misspoke." he says with an annoyed tone, not at the man though. "I can summon light and I can summon fire. Both will be useful on this trip I would think." he explains to Carson. "I am more tired than I thought, if my tongue is slipping so easily."

He looks over at the big man with the named weapon, curiosity dancing in his eyes. "About my other questions?" he prompts Carson as he turns back to him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 am 
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Hedra looks at Bill's hand, too, and gasps. "Come with me"she says and goes with him to find Iggy.

"This man has a badly burnt hand" she tells him. "I am no specialized healer, but I can asssist you and chant to ease his pain and hopefully keep the wound from getting gangrenous"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 am 
Vagabond
Vagabond

"Name is SUPLEX!" the large man rumbles. Watching confusedly as these small women make a scene over his hand. "Hand is good, pain is small. Bill am tough as voleshka."

Bill follows along to this Iggy. Having seen a dwarf or two, but never this close he wonders how these folk can have such a reputation as being tough. Being so short and all. But when the dead walk the land, anything is possible. And to be honest, the hand does hurt some. Maybe more than some. Maybe a lot. But still, nothing a little mud and fire won't heal up quick.

"SUPLEX is good companion. Never fail. Always strong. I slay many zombies, IS GOOD!"

Even as he says it, Bill knows the inflections are all wrong. Blast the 'common' tongue. Why can't these people speak a civilized language? Bill follows Hedra wherever she leads, as long as there is a bowl of stew in it for him, it can't be that bad. Besides, what could these people do a town full of shamblers couldn't?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:20 pm 
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

"You are a brave man with a very good weapon" Hedra answers. "But if we don't treat your hand, it will get stiff and you cannot use Suplex any more." She looks up at Bill. "Do I speak so that you can understand me? You're from another land, aren't you?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:24 pm 
Vagabond
Vagabond

Hazarding what some might consider a smile, but looking more like a strange grimace Bill replies: "Is truth what dwarf womayn speaks. I from great land, of strong men and large moskas on all womayns."

Bill submits himself to the chants, thinking more about how he is going to eat this stew while it is still hot if this she-dwarf is going to be working with his other.

"Bill stand under you GOOD. Is no good at speak common tongue. Is weak language, full of westenlau. Many sound hard for Bill's tongue."

Smirking now, Bill hefts SUPLEX with his other hand, that he can support such weight with one arm seems almost like a physical impossibility. "I speak language all understand. Speak language of zombie smash. IS GOOD! Haha, is joke of old."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:43 pm 
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Carith sits quietly and watches the scene unfold, she was used to people disliking her honesty, but this..

She watches the interaction between the dwarf and the man who called himself Bill. She sat on the ground, the axe between her legs, her body rocking backwards and forwards. Suddenly feeling the cold, she pulls her cloak about her body, her ears do perk up when the big man discusses Zombies..

She almost speaks up, but doesn't.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Advanced search