Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:26 am

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 16 - Resistance
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:23 am 
King
King

Grubnick nods

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:05 pm 
Duke
Duke

Once free of her bounds, Kendra stretches her arms a little bit. She glances at Sadron, specifically at his weapons, and considers grabbing them for a moment as her weapons are confiscated. She knows she could get the upper hand, but she isn't in the best condition to actually win a struggle like that. With a sigh, she finally decides to just lay down on the cold ground and try to sleep off some of her wounds.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:36 pm 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas clears his throat and asks, "Do you have any intel that the prefect is indeed in the house? Maybe the reason there are not so many guards is that no one is here? In any case if you wish to blindly push this mission forward, I'd go with disabling the two Kapaks silently. The other routes will cause much noise as dear Miriam mentioned." He thinks for a moment and continues, "Haaque, can you share your invisibility? I could try killing one with magical missiles or to bestow sleep upon them, but I'm not very good with sneaking and I'm still heavily wounded."

=====================================================================================
(OOC: As an elf Tulbas should be good at sneaking, right? I wrote what I wrote under the assumtion that mages are clumsy... :))

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:12 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae, Tulbas and Gobax (Prefect's Mansion, Basement)
"It's my understanding that the prefect almost never leaves his mansion," William says. "Most likely the lack of security here is because most of his men are sweeping the city looking for us. They would never expect us to attack now. Plus, he does have a dragon, after all."

(OOC: Elves do get a +10% bonus to Hide in Shadows and a +5% bonus to Move Silently, yes.)

Kendra (Hidden Room, Sewers)
Kendra is unsure how long she sleeps, as time is impossible to measure underground. But when she does come to again, she finds Sadron tensely crouching by the door, his ear against it. She also faintly can hear voices echoing down the hall outside.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:43 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra watches Sadron before she finally sits up and joins him at the door. She knows that his ears are a lot better than hers, but she wants to know if she can make out any of the voices.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Listening carefully, it sounds like a group of people--male voices--and they seem to be searching for someone or something.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:41 am 
Duke
Duke

"They are most likely looking for me," Kendra whispers to Sadron. "What's the plan? You can tie me up again, and try to use me to escape," she says in a whisper.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:25 pm 
Knight
Knight

"I'll do what I can to try and delay them from getting reinforcements; if they do; you all can try to ascend to the second floor quietly without raising alarm. If anyone has rope that could help. When I've locked the doors; I'll meet up with you in the dining room. If you don't have a solution by then; let's resort to making a lightning strike on the guards on the first floor before storming the staircase. It's probably best for you to save your silence for their spellcasters; I don't think we're in any shape to survive a fireball or lightning bolt or other such spell in our current state."

Haahqae will give quick instructions as to how to get to the dining room (room 4 I assume) unseen; then use the west-back route to get tothe door on the first floor (room 5, hallway 10, room 11, room 12) and lock the door from that side, then ascend the stairs at 26 to the second floor; where he will lock the north door between room 32 and 27 from the room 32 side, then go through the south door between 32 and 27 and lock it from the room 27 side; proceeding down the stairs from there and back to room 4)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:19 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae (Prefect's Mansion)
Haahqae goes off and locks the various doors, before returning to the dining hall where the others are now waiting for him, as he is the only one carrying any rope. "Are we ready to go?" asks William.

"You mean you don't want to rejoin them?" Sadron asks, a bit surprised at this news.

Tulbas and Gobax (Prefect's Mansion)
After Haahqae leaves, William turns to the others. "Alright, let's head for the dining hall then." They head upstairs into the kitchen, and then east into the dining hall. It's a large, roughly diamond shaped room with tables and chairs set up for eating, and a big fire pit in the center. For now, the pit is dark and so is the room--the only light is the moonlight coming in from the windows. However, they are pretty exposed out here. Should anyone walk in, they will be easy to spot.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:28 am 
King
King

Grubnick keeps an eye out and prepares to react to any incoming threats

===
just ststig intent/watchfulness, not 'holding' a spell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:21 pm 
Duke
Duke

"Eventually, with this plan, I do rejoin them," Kendra points out. "But you escape first, which is what I'm aiming for. I'm not going to tell them about what is happening at the mansion either, so you don't have to worry about that. Just worry about getting yourself out of here."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:59 pm 
Knight
Knight

"I don't think there's much more I can do to help. Let's get this started."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:29 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahqae, Tulbas and Gobax (Prefect's Mansion)
"Alright," William says, facing the general vicinity of the invisible gnome. "We'll follow your lead."

Step one, presumably, is how Haahqae intends to get his rope up there and what he will secure it to.

"Escape how?" asks Sadron. "I don't think I can outrun them with these injuries."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:17 pm 
Duke
Duke

"I don't really know where we are in the sewers," Kendra says. "Where is the closest hatch to the surface?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:07 am 
Viscount
Viscount

Tulbas looks at Grubnick and William, then in the general direction of the Gnome voice. "So... taking the guards on the first floor and storming the staircase?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next

Advanced search