Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:39 am

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: CH. 2: Bear in Mine
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:38 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra, with Darga right behind him, follow the tunnel on the left for twenty feet before it reaches a four-way intersection, and no clear indication which way to go.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:32 am 
Knight
Knight

Following Darga, Haahqae shows up to offer some insight.
"Hmm, quite a choice we have here, we could try a choice song. Or was it a choice smoke? I can't remember that conversation that well honestly, could have been a choice drink.

"Here, how about this?"
Haahqae places a sling bullet on the ground to see which way it rolls.

If it should give a definitive direction, Haahqae will declare: "We should go that way!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:24 am 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Darga nods in approval at Haahqae's suggestion. "One way is good as another. If we're gonna clear out th' demons, we'll have to check 'em all anyway."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:56 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Gregeddin starts for the corridor after Haahqae, but at the mouth turn back around and addresses the remainder of the group in general. "Wait, how do we find our way out? I don't much fancy being lost down here. Bear, what did your miners use to navigate the mines?"
Gregeddin looks up at his torch to see if there is any indication which way the smoke and flame flickers towards.

Seeing the glow of lantern and silhouettes down the corridor, he calls "Hey Haahqae! mark the way up first would you?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:11 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

The ground is still fairly level, not slanting in any particular direction yet, so the sling stone doesn't point in any specific direction.

Gregeddin wrote:
"Wait, how do we find our way out? I don't much fancy being lost down here. Bear, what did your miners use to navigate the mines?"

"They knew the upper level pretty well, but they used chalk to mark the way for the newer areas," Bear says. "Lots of these tunnels crisscross and loop around, so we probably aren't going to get too lost, I reckon."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:39 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

"Most mines aren't too complicated," Kynaston offers as well, "Except, so I hear, if'n you hit natural caves or something. Let's just pick a direction."

Despite saying this, he's a little befuddled by the directions everyone's taking and sort of loses his place in the marching order. At this point, he follows behind, however.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:07 pm 
Duke
Duke

"You guys are a very indecisive bunch, aren't you," Kendra says over her shoulder to the others. She glances over each of the four tunnels before she finally starts walking towards one on the right. "This way seems good enough."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:27 pm 
Knight
Knight

"Well I never really trusted choice drinks anyways." Haahqae comments, pulls out the chalk he picked up at Bear's and marks the wall by the right path before following after Kendra.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:26 am 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

"I prefer pragmatic actually, sounds more like you're complimenting me that way" Gregeddin shoots back at Kendra.

"Come on, lets stick together" Gregeddin says to the others as he heads for the corridor.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:08 pm 
Freeman
Freeman

"Momma did me not to stick my head in strange holes," Kynaston concurs, crudely, "But I guess I never did take her advice. Let's go."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:04 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Kendra turns to the right, and Coroccoco--who up until now had been oddly silent, suddenly speaks out. "No, wait! Do not take that path," she warns. "It is trapped."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:12 pm 
Knight
Knight

"Trapped? In a mine? Who would want to trap a mine? It's hard enough to work in one without swinging blades and spiked pits all over the place."

(Haahqae rolls to find/remove traps (15%): 72)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:56 pm 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Darga follows Kendra agreeably. At Coroccoco's warning, he looks ahead into the right tunnel suspiciously. Seeing no obvious traps, he waves his companions to stay back and cautiously tiptoes forward, intent on a closer look.

(OOC: Darga will also search for traps. His Find/Remove Traps score is 20%, and his roll is 95%...no luck either.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:12 pm 
Duke
Duke

Kendra stops rather suddenly, not daring to make another move as she looks over her shoulder to Coroccoco. "How do you know?" she asks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:36 am 
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Gregeddin wheels round a full 180 degrees, the torch in his left hand waning from the swift motion and probably coming a little close to Trench's face for his liking.

His gaze glanced from Coroccoco and fixed sternly onto Bear. While his jaw was clamped shut, seething thoughts crowded his mind. 'Reckon we won't get lost' played over and over. His free hand slowly draws his sword as he waits for some kind of explanation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next

Advanced search