Main Forum Index Register to Login Login to the Forum
Your #1 Source for Dungeons and Dragons
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 pm

Advanced search

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: WotL OOC Thread IV
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:37 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

If they had seen him, and stayed behind to help, it would have given Magnus the opportunity to drop a fireball on them while invisible. Most of them probably would not have survived that.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:48 pm 
King
King

Lol, well nobody wants that :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:55 am 
King
King

Crap... i just realized...

is the door to the far bottom righ in this picture visible to Grubnick? Because if so, he'll probably assume they went that way...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:29 am 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Oh, that's my mistake. There was a normal door there originally, when Felran, Ne-Chanz and Shima were exploring the area. Once the resistance claimed the area, they replaced it with a secret door. But I forgot to erase the regular door when I brought the map back out.

So no, that door shouldn't be visible normally.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:40 pm 
King
King

Ok, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:22 pm 
Knight
Knight

I'd like to have Grubnick's post resolved before I reply to it -> does he actually call out?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:40 pm 
King
King

Up to jaded regarding distance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:14 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

I guess I somehow gave you the impression the Resistance went through the secret door, took five steps and then said, "Whew, we're safe now. Let's all start talking in normal tones, nobody could possibly hear us." :lol:

They are nowhere near the entrance. They walked a good 10 minutes to get to where they are. They could scream at the top of their lungs and not be heard by anyone by the secret door.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:15 am 
King
King

I feel like William is being overtly oblivious...
TristenC wrote:
TristenC
Post subject: Re: CH. 15 - Before the Dawn
Post details
Recognize him? Yes... yes I recognize Paladine.... I suppose it is odd for my kind, but frankly; I'm quite odd for my kind. He says wryly. But i'm glad to hear Arulia is safe... she was one of the few i could trust. He hesitates as an urge interrupts his thoughts. The fact he was here, that Arulia had 'shared' her situation... and this new man... he was more calculating than most of his kind, than most of his faith, and certainly more than his mentor... but...

Oh I know what's at stake... everything. He says quietly, fishing out his own holy symbol; knowing it might not be as comforting to them as theirs had been to him. The Dwarf that was executed was my teacher.... my mentor... my friend. A stinging sensation wells up, but his body had poured out so much raw emotion he felt numb despite the reaction. I'm... a little more careful with collateral damage than he was, but... She must be stopped. And I'll gladly turn myself to ash if it means i can burn it all down around her twisted heads in the process. he says grimly.

JadedDM wrote:
Gobax (Masked Dragon Inn)
Both the man and woman seem surprised by this revelation and share a look. "Your mentor was the mad cleric of Sirrion?" the man asks.

"The one who set loose a fire elemental in the marketplace?" adds the woman, sounding both impressed and perhaps a bit worried.

TristenC wrote:
TristenC
Post details
Grubnick chuckles a bit at the term, Delharn likely would have enjoyed the name... His name was Delharn. And yes. It was a scroll that summoned the elemental, though... a gift from Sirrion himself. I was there too. The explosion in the crowd of Baaz that took out 9 or so of them... that was me. I was in the process of... neutralizing the redhead fighter but she finished off the elemental too fast.... much too fast. he muttered absently. I tried to free him when they captured him, but i had not time to prepare and ultimately failed... and.... the numbness settles over him again, sorrow filling his eyes as he stares into nothingness. And they all paid for my failure... i fled to the tavern to hide... i thought, among other goblins they'd have difficulty spotting me... he shakes his head in rueful disgust, they didn't even bother... had me in their sight and still... rather than chase me, they burned the whole place to ash... His fist tightens again, dirty nails digging into his palms enough to draw a trickle of blood.

Slowly he unclenches his fist, i heard how he was captured... i hadn't known he planned that attack with the fire snakes and i did everything in my power to be sure innocents weren't hurt when we attacked the soldiers the time before... but there is always a cost to do what needs doing... and while I am more than ready to pay it, i'm not going to knowingly do anything to risk innocents recklessly...

Ignoring the blood on his hands, he brings them together in a bowl-shaped arrangement on his lap; fingertips barely touching the way he ofren did when thinking through a difficult move in Khas. Now... what's the plan? he says, an almost devious grin curling up one side of his badly scarred face.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:56 pm 
King
King

[how long does that give us? Will they have time to rest and renew spells? Prior to rest, Grubnick would like to pray for remove curse (filling that 3rd level slot for the first time today as we discussed at the start of the chapter) and use it on Shima in an attempt to alleviate the Dragon Queen's curse]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:05 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Curfew is in about an hour and a half. That is nowhere near enough time to replenish spells, but since Gobax's third level slot was empty anyway, he can fill it in half an hour.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:05 am 
King
King

Crap. So we're going in to confront the BBEG as a group spells depleted...
not. Good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:31 am 
Knight
Knight

So; when Haahqae was studying the mansion to determine if he could break in; did he happen to notice when dragons came and left the mansion and get a good estimate of how many dragons were in the mansion at any given time? (Is there only the one - presumably the butler that has been seen arriving at or leaving from the mansion? Are there times when there's often no dragons in the mansion?)

As for confronting the BBEG; Haahqae's never been too reliant on his spells for combat, and he still has most of his sneaky spells for the day (since all he's really done is contact the resistance and sit around most of the day); so he's fine moving onto the next chapter without an extended rest. Up to the rest of you to determine if you all are as well.

The main issue I can see is that many of us are significantly wounded right now; and it sounds like our healers are just about tapped out. But I'm not sure how much our situation could improve with a night's rest. Meanwhile in theory a nights rest could end us with us all waking up dead. (Not likely since this is D&D and DM's usually aren't out to kill the party outright; but if Magnus got away and has solid evidence that we're hiding out in the sewers, he could work all night to organize a strike team and search the underbelly of the city, get lucky and kill us all in our sleep).

Assuming that we wouldn't just wake up dead and could get a full night's rest; what would be the downside? Perhaps security for the mannor would be increased due to the prefect's paranoia and hearing that a powerful group of rebels has killed/captured most of the elite strike team assembled to take them down.

One could consider the mission's success more reliant on stealth then strength however, as even at full strength I'm not sure if we have a fighting chance against the manor's guards -not to mention a dragon- But we do need to take out the "BBEG". What do we know of how much he's a leader by example and how much he's just a manipulator of strings (in the former case he'd likely take a large amount of daggers sticking out of him, in the latter he could flop over with just a couple precise cuts).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:35 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Haahque wrote:
So; when Haahqae was studying the mansion to determine if he could break in; did he happen to notice when dragons came and left the mansion and get a good estimate of how many dragons were in the mansion at any given time? (Is there only the one - presumably the butler that has been seen arriving at or leaving from the mansion? Are there times when there's often no dragons in the mansion?)

There are four dragons in the city. The three younger ones have a cycle they go through. Two are in the air, patrolling the city and surrounding area while the third sleeps in the vault at the top of the old keep. Thus there are always two on patrol and one asleep in the vault.

The fourth and oldest of the dragons is the prefect's personal mount, and that's the butler William mentioned. This one is almost always at the mansion unless dispatched elsewhere for some reason.

Haahque wrote:
What do we know of how much he's a leader by example and how much he's just a manipulator of strings

Kendra would probably know about his capabilities...if she can be convinced to talk.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:25 pm 
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

So it feels like things just sort of petered out. Is that all? Should I just end the chapter here and pick up in the morning?

ProfileWWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Advanced search